• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the maximum time you'd queue for?

I'm just curious about different people's opinions. My friend said 30 mins is her max. I think I'd wait up to 45 minutes and with a careful touring plan, hope not to queue much more than that. It's my first time in WDW though, so I might not have reasonable expectations. I am going from 20th to 27th May.
It depend on the ride any where from 5 minutes to 15 very rearly I will wait 20 but I do use the disability pass so if you count that as waiting 90 minutes

At Disney probably 45 minutes for something new.

I ashamed to admit that I once waited 5 hrs for the new Harry Potter ride (Gringotts). It was the 3rd or 4th day it was open. That was a loooong long long wait.

30 min. I'm sure there are circumstances where I would make an exception, but I can't come up with it off the top of my head.

We waited for Splash Mountain for about and hour once but after that one time we were better at timing when to go there. Never used Fast Passes at WDW in all my past trips but grabbed a few at DL in 2013.

Pooh seemed just as long when it first replaced our Mr. Toad fav :(

According to the ride, my mood and if I have anything else to do that day. I'm a frequent visitor so I can afford to pass up a ride because I'll be back soon and I also can afford to just stand in line if I want to ride the ride, because I'll be back again. Before any FP system was implemented a hour wait was pretty much the norm, so we don't have any problem waiting that long, probably wouldn't wait longer. Again, it's just according to the ride. I wouldn't wait longer than 40 min or so for TSMM because I'm not crazy about it, I have waited a hour for ToT because it's my favorite ride and I enjoy winding through the gardens and looking at everything. I think I waited about 50 min. March to ride Big Thunder Mountain, but I was only there to see Tink fly and had about 2 hours to waste and it's pretty at night so I said why not.

30+ minutes.

But if there was a new "must do" ride (like a new Star Wars attraction) .. I'd probably wait longer.

I didn't go on TSMM until this last visit (2015) despite going to DHS 3 times over the last 10 years. Those other trips were before FP+ .. so I never was able to get a FP ticket for the ride (always sold out and wait times were always 90+ minutes). In a park with few attractions, I wasn't going to wait 90+ minutes for a ride .. I opted to see another show or ride Star Tours again, etc.

Thanks to FP+ .. I was able to finally ride it because I wasn't willing to wait 70+ minutes for it .. ever.

MAYBE 40 minutes if it was something I couldn't live without riding and it was my last chance. More like 30 would be tops for me.

It also depends on the ride. I might wait 40 minutes for Splash Mountain cause it's my favourite ride, but I would never wait that for The Jungle Cruise.

How long I'm willing to wait and how long the lines usually are, are two different things. I'm willing to wait up to an hour or so if it's something I really want to ride. I'm used to going in the summer and before fast passes and the like, lines could be long so I've got no problem waiting if need be. Usually I find most ride lines in the last several years have been 45 minutes wait or less, and even some with posted hour+ waits sometimes move faster.

Now with touring plans and FP, we don't wait more than 30mins... if it's going to be a longer wait, we ride it at a different time. We went mid March this year and rode everything we wanted and the longest wait was about 30mins for TSMM during EMH.

But, I do remember when I was younger going in the middle of summer before there were FP and we waited in line for things all the time- it was the norm. Wasn't there something called Body Wars at Epcot? I vaguely remember the ride BUT I do remember waiting in line for over 2hrs to get on it.

I'd wait at most 45 minutes only for Splash Mountain since that ride has the best line wait-to-ride time ratio.

I have to admit that my family and I stood in line for 2 hours to get on the Nemo submarines when they opened at DL in 2007. However, having done that...I'm down to about 30 minutes and even that sounds like a long time for me.
I also waited 2 hours for the nemo subs at disneyland. They had no Fastpass for that ride so it was either wait or not ride it. I did like the ride.
Normally most I'll wait is one hour.

Generally I am closer to 40 minutes for a wait. However, my last trip to WDW, i waited 80 minutes for Mine Train on my last day because I had never ridden it and the line was never less than 80 minutes the 2 days i was there and could never get a FP.

I ended up waiting almost 70 min for HyperSpace Mountain at DL around christmas, but it was so crowded everywhere I was fine waiting around for that...plus it was awesome.

They still don't have Fastpasses for Nemo Submarines. The lines are always long. I don't go on it anymore as it makes me claustrophobic.

If it's a ride I really like AND has a good queue (Great Movie Ride, Jungle Cruise) , I'll wait up to 45 minutes. If it a ride that I really like but the queue is lacking (Soarin', Spaceship Earth), or if it is a ride that I sort of like but has a great queue (Peter Pan's Flight), I'll wait up to 30 minutes. If it is a ride I only sort of like and the queue is lacking (Magic Carpets, Carousel), I'll wait about 15-20 minutes tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter