What is the most annoying question that people ask you?

The most annoying question evah asked of me in this life to date took place in a playground in Brooklyn Heights.
Went there with my youngest son dragging him along in a red Radio Flyer (we were going food shopping after and he wuvved being hemmed in by bags of groceries and fed treats by our regular purveyors; grapes from the greengrocer, mini franks from the butcher, and dried fruit from a Middle Eastern market. Gosh, I enjoyed living in Brooklyn then!).
Played with him for an hour or so and then we were on our way out when another mother stopped me and asked if I had time in my schedule to be a nanny to another child. She made a ton of assumptions none of which set well with me and I still recall the inferences to this day about 34 years later.
Some people can be so hate filled.

"Do you do steroids?" Not sure if it is meant as a compliment or something, but why can't the first question be "how long have you been working out for?" Without jumping right to assuming cheating is involved.

What’s for breakfast?
What’s for lunch?
What’s for dinner?

Sorry. That’s three. o_O

But SO true! If I ever win the lottery, the first person I'm hiring is a financial adviser, but the second is a cook!

When I was younger, I used to get, "Why are you so quiet?" People would have thought I was rude if I asked, "Why are you so loud?" but it was perfectly fine to ask me that question (which has no answer and only shuts down the conversation.)

Good point!

"Where are you from?"

I hate being asked that because the answer is pretty complicated. We've lived lots of different places, and I haven't lived where I'm "from" in more than 20 years. So, when you answer where you're from, people assume you moved immediately from there. Or worse, I tell them the place where we most recently lived, but we were there less than a year, so it's not really all that relevant.

At work when I'm not wearing my headset and people ask me if I'm on the phone.

I get the opposite. I am wearing my headset clearly on the phone and people ask if I am on the phone.

Also, I tend to get cold easily and the management company keeps the building cold all year round whether winter or summer and a lot of times at work people ask me why am I wearing a jacket am I that cold. Then they proceed to tell me I can’t be that cold. Some of them are menopause age or have medical issues which cause them to be warm or hot a lot of the time.

So many of the above.

When my kids were younger:
“Are they twins?” No, we rent a kid the exact age and size every time we go out just to confuse people.

“Are they identical?” Um, one is a boy and the other is a girl. If that isn’t your first clue, one has brown eyes and brown hair, the other blue eyes and red hair. :confused3

On hair for both my girls:
“Where did you get such thick, curly hair?” “Where did you get that red hair?” And yup, “Can I touch your hair?” Once when older DD was about six we were at the movies and she turns to me with a really uncomfortable look on her face. Me, “What’s wrong?” Her, “The lady behind me is petting my hair!” It still happens to her sometimes in lines etc.

“No, where are you really from?” People just do not believe you can actually be born in Las Vegas.

“What’s for dinner?” Daily, even before breakfast and asked multiple times throughout the day.

On weight loss/maintenance:
“What’s your secret?” From the same people, every time I see them. My answer never changes (eat less, move more) and it annoys them and a lot of times makes them angry. I’m not sure why they think I’d hold out on them if I had the magic cure.

Not a question but small talk is annoying, ie talking about the weather. Some people can't handle what they call "awkward silence". I just see it as peace and quiet.

I've been asked more times than I can count. "How can you stand to live in Florida? It's so hot!"

Of course, it's hot. It gets very humid during the summer months. In the 14 years I've lived in Central Florida, only once did the actual temperature exceed 100 degrees. In the past few years, I've paid a lot of attention to temps across the country. Often, Florida is cooler than much of the country. People think of Florida based on their theme park experience. Most people who live in Florida don't spend a lot of their time walking around on heat soaked pavement. I will take Florida winters over other parts of the country any day!

I also love "Do you go to the parks every day?". No. I have a real life.

At work the annoying question is “how did you determine that *enter statistics question here*?” and my answer is always “Math.” in a deadpan voice.
In non-work situations the annoying question is “what do you do for a living?”

When I was younger, I used to get, "Why are you so quiet?" People would have thought I was rude if I asked, "Why are you so loud?" but it was perfectly fine to ask me that question (which has no answer and only shuts down the conversation.)
I would get this all the time, I feel your pain. Good answers:
“I’m quiet because I think. Obviously that’s not an issue with you.”
“Gotta make sure I can hear every stupid question I get asked, would hate to ask you to repeat yourself.”

Actually most of the questions in this thread would be great for me to offer sarcastic answers to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter