• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most annoying question that people ask you?

"Aren't rabbits really boring pets?" Um no, they're cute and fun and each has his or her own distinct personality. Yes my rabbits use litter boxes. Yes they are affectionate. Yes we keep them indoors. No I don't want to hear your rabbit stew jokes! I don't talk about cooking your dog or cat, do I?

If my name is really my name or did I make it up and did my parents realize it was funny when they named me. My first nor my last name are unusual but a bit unusual when put together and I have no middle name I can use instead of my first name.

So many of the above.

When my kids were younger:
“Are they twins?” No, we rent a kid the exact age and size every time we go out just to confuse people.

“Are they identical?” Um, one is a boy and the other is a girl. If that isn’t your first clue, one has brown eyes and brown hair, the other blue eyes and red hair. :confused3

On hair for both my girls:
“Where did you get such thick, curly hair?” “Where did you get that red hair?” And yup, “Can I touch your hair?” Once when older DD was about six we were at the movies and she turns to me with a really uncomfortable look on her face. Me, “What’s wrong?” Her, “The lady behind me is petting my hair!” It still happens to her sometimes in lines etc.

“No, where are you really from?” People just do not believe you can actually be born in Las Vegas.

“What’s for dinner?” Daily, even before breakfast and asked multiple times throughout the day.

On weight loss/maintenance:
“What’s your secret?” From the same people, every time I see them. My answer never changes (eat less, move more) and it annoys them and a lot of times makes them angry. I’m not sure why they think I’d hold out on them if I had the magic cure.
Oh good Lord, I can't believe anybody seriously asks you that! :rotfl2: I'm not super-sarcastic by nature but I'd be coming up with a standard zinger for that one!
If my name is really my name or did I make it up and did my parents realize it was funny when they named me. My first nor my last name are unusual but a bit unusual when put together and I have no middle name I can use instead of my first name.
I feel you. :sad2: Our surname is a word that translates into "death" in another language. That was a million laughs (not!) when I worked at a funeral home. :rolleyes:

When my kids were tiny babies (and obviously twins), I got asked all the time "are they natural or artificial?" For real. Probably got asked that once per week. A seriously intrusive question. These same people wouldn't dream of asking the mother of a singleton how their baby was conceived, but felt no qualms asking me.

Currently, the most annoying question is one my husband gets asked. He has literally dozens of fatty lipomas on his body (trunk, arms, legs). They are EVERYWHERE. Yes, he's has them checked out. Yes, they are harmless. Yes, he could have them cut out but there wouldn't be much of him left if they did. Some of them are pretty large and "obvious." Still people will come up to him and say "did you know you have a big lump on your arm (or leg or stomach, if he's swimming)?" We like to mess wth 'em and say "OH MY GOD! No!!! " I know the question is asked from a place of concern, but really, they are so obvious! How dumb must they think we are?

When my kids were tiny babies (and obviously twins), I got asked all the time "are they natural or artificial?" For real. Probably got asked that once per week. A seriously intrusive question. These same people wouldn't dream of asking the mother of a singleton how their baby was conceived, but felt no qualms asking me.

Currently, the most annoying question is one my husband gets asked. He has literally dozens of fatty lipomas on his body (trunk, arms, legs). They are EVERYWHERE. Yes, he's has them checked out. Yes, they are harmless. Yes, he could have them cut out but there wouldn't be much of him left if they did. Some of them are pretty large and "obvious." Still people will come up to him and say "did you know you have a big lump on your arm (or leg or stomach, if he's swimming)?" We like to mess wth 'em and say "OH MY GOD! No!!! " I know the question is asked from a place of concern, but really, they are so obvious! How dumb must they think we are?
My sympathies. :flower3: DH has a single one on his neck and is counting the days until he gets it excised (he's into year 2 of a wait-list for non-urgent surgery here). He'd lose his mind if he had a lot of them.

I answer the phone in the News Department of a TV station.

The most annoying question from viewers starts with "Why?" And ends with "do that story" "fire that person" "cancel that show" "not do that story" "don't you investigate (fill in the blank).

I don't mind questions, just understand that the people that made the decisions you are unhappy with don't answer the phone.

My DH, what’s for dinner grrrrrrrrrr

Everyone else is your husband hiring? I don’t know, call him at work.

When I worked nights. Phone call at 11am. “Did I wake you?”
When I was pregnant. “Are you still here?”

Oh good Lord, I can't believe anybody seriously asks you that! :rotfl2: I'm not super-sarcastic by nature but I'd be coming up with a standard zinger for that one
Oh yeah, all the time. I had to walk away from one lady because she kept insisting they still could be and I should get them tested.
It amazing how up in your business people get when you have multiples isn’t it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter