• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most annoying question that people ask you?

We have boy/girl twins and we’d also get the “are they identical” question. Most of the time I just said no and left it at that. Sometimes if I was really annoyed I’d say “No, one of them has a *****.” That usually stopped them from anymore questions. :rolleyes1

"Are you a vegetarian?" asked just because I don't necessarily have meat with every meal. If a total stranger sees me have one meal without meat, then they assume I am a vegetarian. :confused:

"Just one?" if I show up solo somewhere.

"Do you want to set up automatic payments?"

We have boy/girl twins and we’d also get the “are they identical” question. Most of the time I just said no and left it at that. Sometimes if I was really annoyed I’d say “No, one of them has a *****.” That usually stopped them from anymore questions. :rolleyes1
I may or may not have done that, lol

How are you doing? Hey, I'm 70 years old, I'm upright and taking nourishment... since both of those are obvious there is no need to ask. I'm doing fine! I can't honestly say that I feel like I did when I was in my 20's, so that is my exact answer... 'I'm upright and taking nourishment' says it all.

When my kids were little it was "You know what causes that, don't you?" with a wink and a grin, because I have three kids who are very close in age. So annoying!

At work, it's some variation of "I don't understand how you do so much!" or "How do you get everything done!" because I'm on a lot of committees and run several programs. The answer is that I don't stand around talking all day and I don't spend most of my day on the internet - I do my work when I'm at work. But I don't say that because it would make people mad.

When I was at the grocery store 1 time w/my kids & we were in the check out. The cashier was not the brightest bulb in the box. She looked at my kids and said, "Are they twins?" I said, "No." She said, "Are you sure?" I said, "Not unless 1 of them stayed in the womb an extra 2 years." Blank look from the cashier. I said, "Of course they're not twins. They were born 2 years apart."

Then there's all the times when my MIL looks at the TV and then asks the person watching the TV what is it that they're watching (when clearly she can see right there what they're watching). One time recently, DH was watching a Harry Potter movie. It was obvious that it was a Harry Potter movie. DH even TOLD her it was a Harry Potter movie. She said, "You're watching Harry Potter?"

Then I said, "No. He's watching the news. After all, there's a lot going on in the world of witchcraft and wizardry." :rotfl2:

"Are they twins?"

In regards to my sons who are almost 2 years apart. It's been happening for 13 years, at least once a week, someone asks me this.

Why are people so fascinated by twins? They always seem disappointed when I say no.

My sons are identical twins and people would ask if them if they were twins.
They are so identical their grandparents and aunts and uncles could not tell them apart, until they were in their 20s.
About age 8, when someone would ask them if they were twins, their reply was that mom had one of them cloned and they could not disclose which one..

Oh I forgot my other favorites.
"Are they all yours?" Ok one is olive complexioned and the other 2 are as white as my husband, but is that any of your business?
"Do they have the same father??" Really what business is that of yours?!!!!

Mine is one at work, 'do you want to be a veterinary surgeon?'...
I work as a vet nurse (vet tech) and I've lost count of the amount of times I've been asked if I'm training to or want to be a vet. No! I am a qualified and registered nurse and Head nurse of my practice and I'm very good at what I do, please stop implying that I'm just a nurse and should be something else :furious:rant over :rotfl:

:confused3 Meh, if @TipsyTraveler won't dish we can always ask @RedAngie .

3f6b97f624fa826190d930ac78f7b218--prairie-husband-love.jpg

Why would anyone hate you for those things?

"Sweetie, why don't you cover your gray??" Cause I don't want to. In fact, I kind of like those pretty silver hairs. So there.

"Where do you get your protein?" Any vegan gets asked this a lot. I usually say "the same place your food did."

One that I've heard a few times and I can't answer without laughing, "Have you always been this tall?" I'm sure my mother is grateful that I have not always been this tall.

"Sweetie, why don't you cover your gray??" Cause I don't want to. In fact, I kind of like those pretty silver hairs. So there.
You should shoot back with, "Well, I thought about it, but I decided I didn't want to be one of those hopelessly vain women who are obviously gray but desperately clinging to a very far off youth. I just couldn't handle being that deluded and clueless. So, viva la gray!"

“Are you Jewish?”

I don’t get offended and I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone here but I get this question. I say no and move on. I’ve never asked anyone there religion and i don’t know why people ask me

“Where did you get such thick, curly hair?” “Where did you get that red hair?” And yup, “Can I touch your hair?” Once when older DD was about six we were at the movies and she turns to me with a really uncomfortable look on her face. Me, “What’s wrong?” Her, “The lady behind me is petting my hair!” It still happens to her sometimes in lines etc

Unfortunately this will continue to happen. Teach her to be her own advocate when you are not there.

Worst time for me was when I was a teenager at the movies with some friends and an older guy moved to sit behind us and kept touching my hair.

I should have spoken to management, but I was to demure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter