What is the most expensive thing you have bought so far in 2023?

The computer I am typing this on. $1,300. My 16 year old computer's hardware did everything I needed perfectly, but those darn software makers no longer supported the software I used. So the new computer is faster, and will run the latest Browser and Anti-Virus software........I figure I got about $100 added value for my $1,300!

Saw an ad on a local Facebook page last week for a Honda accord for $13,000. We are dying here with 3 cars for 5, got it for $8500 cash. Yesterday dd20 had a hit and run at a red light, will at least need a rear light and some duct tape (only submit very $ jobs to insurance).

15 month CD. Biggest purchase of my life. I’m a little short of breath.
We just opened seven 7 month CDs -one for each of our grandchildren. Their money was just sitting there making little to no interest-so DH moved it over and started new savings for each of them in the meantime. We really need to move all of their money to something with better return. He opened a savings account for each child when they were born and puts money in their accounts every week, birthdays, and Christmas.

A new house... and now a new kitchen and bathrooms for the house!

2023 Toyota Camry to replace my 2004 Toyota Camry. I hope this one lasts just as long.

2024 Kia Seltos. Bought to replace our Jeep Liberty - that we gave to our daughter (in grad school) - after her car burned to the ground. :scared:

2024 Kia Seltos. Bought to replace our Jeep Liberty - that we gave to our daughter (in grad school) - after her car burned to the ground. :scared:
I love my Seltos so much, but the Kia thefts in my area has sent my car insurance up a substantial amount.

My biggest purchase so far was a hot tub. It's already been great for stress management.

currently the new stove and hot tub are tied pretty closely at cost but i'm supposed to receive a bid today on a project in anticipation of the new hot tub so................we shall see.

Pizza oven - about $3.000. Followed by a mixer for $2,000.

In 2023, the most expensive and worthwhile purchase I made was a stunning vintage dress for my collection from https://www.wardrobeshop.com/collections/downton-abbey-era-vintage-style-dresses. It's a timeless piece that captures the elegance of the Downton Abbey era. Though it was a splurge, I couldn't resist adding this exquisite dress to my wardrobe. It's a true treasure that I'll cherish for years to come.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter