What is the stupidest thing you have heard someone say?

My college roommate - who was studying to be a teacher mind you - thought that Alaska was an island like Hawaii.

We saw a license plate from Alaska and exclaimed that "look, that car is from Alaska they had to take a ferry to get here!". I had to pull up a map and show her that you can drive through Canada...

Last summer I saw both Alaska and Hawaii plates on the same day in Ocean City, NJ. Some people must REALLY like it there.

(The Hawaii plate frame is from a dealer near Long Beach Island in New Jersey, so I don't know what the story is. A local who moved to Hawaii? Is there a ferry from Hawaii to California? Or does the car need to be transported on a cargo ship?)

13872955_809516672481312_3935002243979308088_n.jpg
13920828_809516782481301_251651990588352242_n.jpg

You must have your passport to cruise, I know someone who was turned away at the port without it. (this from someone who NEVER cruised to me, who has cruised 15+ times, I KNOW the rules!)

You may not be a "you must" have a passport for a cruise, but it is recommended. If you have a serious medical condition on the cruise that is beyond the capabilities of the medical staff/services on the ship you may be transferred to a hospital in the nearest country. Getting back into the U.S. without your passport could prove difficult and time-consuming.

You may not be a "you must" have a passport for a cruise, but it is recommended. If you have a serious medical condition on the cruise that is beyond the capabilities of the medical staff/services on the ship you may be transferred to a hospital in the nearest country. Getting back into the U.S. without your passport could prove difficult and time-consuming.
You still don't need one if it's a closed loop cruise. I think that was the point.

We were at BBQ for our friend anniversary and it was during the election process.... So some of the guest were of course discussing the up coming election, and one of the grand-kids who was in college and who was working on campus on Hillary's campaign and was on and on about the election.... Looked completely lost when one of the other guest started talking about " President Bill Clinton' and the Monica Lewinsky scandal.... she was like who's that? The other guest is was like who are you asking about ? both of them..... then she said and I quote... Hillary Clinton's husband was President of the United States? Yep he was the 42nd President of the United States of America for 8 years... Honestly what in the world...

Ooh ooh almost forgot, my nephew was marked off on a geography test for allegedly incorrectly labeling the eastern coast states. The teacher insisted that he had incorrectly identified North Carolina....she insisted the state he (correctly) labeled as NC was in fact TENNESSEE. When his dad went to the school to have a chat with the teacher about her treatment of his son and brought up the test. She got belligerent and insisted she was right because "NC DOES NOT TOUCH GEORGIA...there is no way that state is NORTH CAROLINA!!" Dad just quietly asked her how often she visits those famous stretches of Tennessee beaches as he pulled out a map.

I wonder if she's still teaching?

Ooh ooh almost forgot, my nephew was marked off on a geography test for allegedly incorrectly labeling the eastern coast states. The teacher insisted that he had incorrectly identified North Carolina....she insisted the state he (correctly) labeled as NC was in fact TENNESSEE. When his dad went to the school to have a chat with the teacher about her treatment of his son and brought up the test. She got belligerent and insisted she was right because "NC DOES NOT TOUCH GEORGIA...there is no way that state is NORTH CAROLINA!!" Dad just quietly asked her how often she visits those famous stretches of Tennessee beaches as he pulled out a map.

I wonder if she's still teaching?

My 1st week in a new school, I had a Geography teacher that marked me off on a test because I used the abbreviation GA on the US map for Georgia. He insisted that the abbreviation was GE and wouldn't change it. I had JUST moved there FROM Georgia. I was talking to my friends about it in Government class and the teacher, who was his best friend, ran across the hall to harass him about it. Luckily he didn't get mad and he fixed my test.

We were on a road trip with my brother and sisterinlaw. We stopped at a fast food place to eat. My brother, after studying the menu, ordered a cheeseburger without the cheese!!!! We all looked at him. He was serious. I said," Uh, that would be a hamburger". Then we all burst out laughing hysterically. It's a wonder we weren't kicked out of the place. Once you get the giggles, it's hard to stop:)

I have ordered a cheeseburger without the cheese.....but in my defense, the cheeseburger was on special and much cheaper than the listed hamburger, so I wanted the cost savings but not the "cheese." (I can't stand fast food fake cheese.)

Last summer I saw both Alaska and Hawaii plates on the same day in Ocean City, NJ. Some people must REALLY like it there.

(The Hawaii plate frame is from a dealer near Long Beach Island in New Jersey, so I don't know what the story is. A local who moved to Hawaii? Is there a ferry from Hawaii to California? Or does the car need to be transported on a cargo ship?)

My guess is they're military. Military people don't need to re-register their plates when they move, and they can sort of decide where their "home" is when they are stationed somewhere else.

Last year getting ready for vacation, called credit card company to make sure card didn't get declined.
Me: We are going on vacation and I need to make sure the card will be good,
Them: Okay, I can help with that, what states are you traveling to?
Me: Missouri, Indiana, and Iowa.
Them: Can you spell Iowa for me?
Me: Huh: I-O-W-A? Just like it sounds, I O WA

Reminded me of a good one. A co-worker was getting ready to go on vacation to Hawaii. One of the warehouse workers asked him if he would be driving there.... Uh ---- sure over the ocean?

Oh, forgot about one from Colorado: We are on vacation in 2016, halfway through Colorado on Interstate, stop at store to get fuel, man at counter asked attendant how far Colorado was from here! She looked at him and me in amazment and said "What?" He replies, how far is Colorado from here? She responds, do you mean Denver? Him: Yea, I guess that's it.

This happened during my 8th grade Honors history class. We were supposed to be reading a section of the textbook on the American Revolution when I heard another student say "I didn't know they had cameras back then." She was looking at a photo of reenactors. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily universally stupid, but situationally so.

Right after a lecture on obeying traffic laws on the way home from Disney, it got dark. My dad explained that we had to slow down because he can't see the cops any more.

Kids in the back seat, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!"

While Christmas shopping we passed by a store display. My mom blurted out, "I bet you those are priced far less than I paid" I looked over inquisitively. "Oh shoot" Only it wasn't shoot.

Kids in the back seat, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!" Well just for that I'm taking them back. "Yeah sure you are."

Not the stupidest, but the most recent.

We were in Orlando last week. The hotel concierge made small talk with me while completing a request: “Where are you from?” “Indiana.” “Oh, are you all ready for winter?” It’s July. So, no. No we are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter