What is the worst dentist appointment you have had?

Any filling I had when I was kid and going to a Pediatric Dentist.
He believed not using novocaine or any other pain killer taught kids to brush and floss.

As an adult, no issues, not even with root canals. Piece of cake in comparison.

The dentist is pure torture for me. Thankfully none as bad as a lot of these incidents. My biggest problem is that I have a major gaga reflex. The dentist says it is the one of worst she has ever seen. To add to that, I have a very small jaw which makes it hard to do a lot. The x-rays are always a nightmare as I gag on them all. It has become a 3 person job to get my xrays done. My job is to breathe and pray, hygenist puts the thing in my mouth and holds it in place, and then typically the receptionist hits the button. And even then, we usually have to take a couple more than once! And it is worse when they want full xrays. They do all work with pediatric size instruments to accommodate the small mouth/jaw. It is funny though - they see me coming and go get the stuffed walrus or cow for me to hold the whole time. I don't have to ask.

Never been a fan of going to the dentist but it's just something you've gotta keep up on as it will only get worse.

Had a few root canals which are just not a fun experience at all.
I had my wisdom teeth yanked but I was put out for it. I woke up and didn't know what happened. Asked if they were finished lol. I wish all dental visits could be done that way.

I found a dentist a few years ago who owns his own practice and he's always been super nice and doesn't charge me a lot because he knows I don't have dental insurance. Been seeing him since 2013 and drive about 90 mins to his office but it's worth it. It's really hard to find a good dentist but definitely find one you are comfortable with and don't settle for less.

I actually look forward to seeing him. He just makes it a fun and relaxing atmosphere. He's also hard core when it comes to the holidays. For Halloween he'll have a full-sized witch in his operating room and cauldrons and Christmas he's got trees everywhere and music playing.

Had a dentist I really liked for a long time. He never recommended work I didn't really need, though he was not terribly patient with my anxious daughter. One time he was running late, so had his Dad start work for a crown on me. The Dad shot me so full of epinephrine that I thought I was having a heart attack. Got up and left.

Then later, the dentist retired, sold the practice, and didn't tell his patients. Went in for a cleaning and before I even opened my mouth, they were bringing in the "estimates" for all the work I was going to need. About $2000, I guess they were working off old x-rays? Got up and left again.

Found another dentist like the first one, just love him, but now he doesn't take our dental insurance.

Cannot believe there are dentists that want to use a General Anesthetic to work on baby teeth. Run, parents!

I really hate going under anesthesia and I have a hard time coming out of it. So when I had my wisdom teeth out I asked the oral surgeon if he could do it without putting me under. He said OK, numbed me up and proceeded to basically manhandle me getting those teeth out. Very, very uncomfortable being wrenched around in the chair and hearing all that squeaking and pulling going on in my mouth while he worked so hard to get them out. But I asked for it, so I have no one to blame but myself.

It wasn't me, but a gal I once knew. She was getting her teeth worked on by the dentist and he excused himself, and walked down the hall. The dentist office was in an old house and she could hear that he had gone into the bathroom. A few minutes pass and he returned, started working on her mouth again....and she could smell POOP on his hands. HE HAD NOT WASHED HIS HANDS. :crazy2:

I was in my 20's and I had sudden pain in the back of my mouth. It was one of my bottom wisdom teeth (not impacted). I worked Downtown, so I called a dentist with an office in a department store. So I went after work. He pulled it but it was a mess. I ended up with stitches. When the other one went bad, I went to an Oral Surgeon, he popped it right out.

My parents sent me to a dentist, it didn't matter how big or what sort of filling he put in he never used pain relief just drilled straight in, still terrified of dentists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter