What is the worst thing a guest has done in your home?

My ex brother in law and his wife were living with my ex and I for awhile and before they left, she stole a ring that belonged to my late mother out of my jewelry box. She was the only one that knew where I kept the box

my dad & his wife stayed at my sister's house (at her invitation) once when sister was out of town. I went and checked on the place after they left. Dad left oily/sweaty stains on Sister's very expensive fancy throw pillows (this, plus the fact that I have kids, is a reason why I don't use expensive throw pillows...I use cheap ones). In the master bathroom, Dad & his wife left...um...hairs that don't come from your head on the toilet. And they left talcum powder all over the master bathroom floor & on the master bathroom rug. And they didn't clean up after themselves in the kitchen...left dirty dishes in the sink, food bits dropped on the kitchen floor that they were too lazy to clean up.

And none of that was how Sister had left her house for them before they arrived. Her house was spotless before they arrived. But after? It was so disgusting. Hours were spent doing a deep cleaning after Dad & his wife left.

Not sure this counts; but....When I was in college I moved in with a guy for 2 months just for the summer till we went back to our dorm living during the school year. I didn’t know him very well, he was a friend of a friend so to say. One afternoon I got off work and took a shower. I went to my underwear drawer and all of it was gone ! Bras, panties, everything. This was the 80’s and I had a friend that was a manager of Victoria secrets. She gave me things all the time so it was really nice stuff. Anyhow, I was freaking out and called the cops. Nothing else was missing. That was an awkward conversation! I called my roommate who was at work. He left work immediately, came home and locked himself in his room for a long time! Two days later he decided he had to move out early and he was gone!:rolleyes1

Had a guest steal some money from our son's room. Had another guest who was staying over get up before us and make a cup of tea. Would have been fine except they didn't realize our tea kettle was electric (the kettle could be removed from the base) and proceeded to heat up the kettle of water on the gas stove top...thus melting the whole bottom. They replaced it for us.

MJ

Some stole money from my little sister (who has Downs), about $80+ dollars. Since we do not count it that often (about once a month) because it is in her room we didn't discover it until way to late. To make it worse it was either my eldest nephew, his gf, my youngest nephew, or my youngest niece. We have our guesses about which one it was but never confronted them because of some other drama going on. We never told their mom because she would have felt terrible, and thankfully my little sister didn't really understand what happened because we replaced the money.

Well - it was kind of odd. My aunt and cousin came to visit. He was kind of a wild child, but I thought at some point he could figure things out. When he needed something to play with, I had a plastic model that I'd worked on. It was a scale model B-17 bomber that I had meticulously painted. The kit didn't have one of the turret domes, but otherwise it was probably the best plastic model I'd ever built. It looked really nice and was painted well.

I thought maybe he'd just pretend that it was flying of something like a typical 12 year old might. But he found some glue, broke off the propeller blades, and re-glued them on the wings. I wasn't too happy about it. Also - we went to visit Disneyland on that trip, where we also visited some friends. They gave him a gift of a 2 1 oz silver bullion pieces. My cousin apparently didn't like it and said he didn't want it because it wasn't gold.

Have had stuff stolen. Have also had an adult "accident" on the floor (carpet). Also had a relative ask to go lay down for a nap in our bed and he did so...completely naked.

I wouldn't care about the sleeping naked bit, per se. But....

....a few years ago DH's college aged son was spending the night at our house. My laundry room is upstairs on the bedroom level and I was in the hallway carrying a laundry basket. He comes out of the guest bedroom stark naked heading toward the hall bathroom. We both did a quick "ooops, sorry" and he went back into the bedroom. Who walks around naked in someone else's house?

Not necessarily "worst", but more like weirdest. When we vacation, my inlaws stay at our house with our four dogs (they are all rescues with hard pasts, and boarding is pretty traumatic for them)

They live a few hours away, so we usually text them when we board whatever plane is actually landing at our home airport, and they leave then, once they know we're out of the missed connection danger zone.

We have come home to:
- Every dish they've used all week left out on the counters (washed, but just stacked on the counter instead of being put away)
- the cabinet with our glasses in it completely re-arranged b/c MIL can't reach the wine glasses on the top shelf
- Two sets of measuring spoons and measuring cups missing
- All of our dining room chairs in our bedroom (why???)
- A shelf above our bathtub (there are two) pulled out of the wall (like, the anchor pulled all the way out, damaging the drywall and leaving a gaping hole). There's no reason for anyone to ever even be anywhere near it, even while IN the tub, so another mystery
- All of our outdoor furniture moved and rearranged
- The top of our formal dining table with deep scratches all across it (like they put something heavy on top and scooted it across)
- All of the bread and crackers/chips from our pantry in the refrigerator instead

there's more, but these are the ones that stand out. Most are head scratchers. If we went to their house and did any of these things, they would FLIP OUT. It's a hard spot to be in, b/c the dogs are comfortable with them and it is less stressful for them, but it adds a lot of stress for ME!

Someone threw up all over my bathtub during a family get together, and they just left it there. I have no idea who it was, we had about twenty people in our house. Seriously, I get it, sometimes you need to throw up. It would be dandy if you would at least attempt to clean it up or maybe give me a heads up. gross.

Even if it was, who walks around their own house naked when other people (besides a significant other) are present? My 22 y.o. DS lives at home and I assure you, none of us want to see one another naked. :scared:
When I was in the third grade my friend asked me to come over and hang out after school. She was a year older than me so I wanted to seem mature and I was glad to be invited. We were in her kitchen having a snack and her mother walks out, completely naked and sits down to chat with us about her (the friends) day. I did not grow up in a naked house, but I am trying to play it cool, like, oh ya, this is totally normal. lol I don't think I ever hung out with her again.

In one visit several years ago, my in-laws a) put all of my cast-iron cookware in the dishwasher, ruining some of it, b) put all of my bras in the dryer on "extended high" setting, ruining them, and c) my FIL got it foot looped around the ethernet cord from our computer to the wall, proceeding to both rip the connection out of the computer AND the port out of the wall. We had to repair the computer and replace the wall box.

The worst part is that they didn't offer to fix or pay to fix any of it, and we were pretty poor at the time. They are really wealthy.

Maybe your MIL is hitting the wine too hard? People do kooky things when they've had a few too many?

Not necessarily "worst", but more like weirdest. When we vacation, my inlaws stay at our house with our four dogs (they are all rescues with hard pasts, and boarding is pretty traumatic for them)

They live a few hours away, so we usually text them when we board whatever plane is actually landing at our home airport, and they leave then, once they know we're out of the missed connection danger zone.

We have come home to:
- Every dish they've used all week left out on the counters (washed, but just stacked on the counter instead of being put away)
- the cabinet with our glasses in it completely re-arranged b/c MIL can't reach the wine glasses on the top shelf
- Two sets of measuring spoons and measuring cups missing
- All of our dining room chairs in our bedroom (why???)
- A shelf above our bathtub (there are two) pulled out of the wall (like, the anchor pulled all the way out, damaging the drywall and leaving a gaping hole). There's no reason for anyone to ever even be anywhere near it, even while IN the tub, so another mystery
- All of our outdoor furniture moved and rearranged
- The top of our formal dining table with deep scratches all across it (like they put something heavy on top and scooted it across)
- All of the bread and crackers/chips from our pantry in the refrigerator instead

there's more, but these are the ones that stand out. Most are head scratchers. If we went to their house and did any of these things, they would FLIP OUT. It's a hard spot to be in, b/c the dogs are comfortable with them and it is less stressful for them, but it adds a lot of stress for ME!

My MIL has rearranged stuff in my house more times then I can count over the years. I think she means well so I try not to let it get to me. I was upset though when I went to bring a bag of trash outside and saw a bag of just Tupperware lids sitting there. She had rearranged my Tupperware cabinet and threw away any lid she couldn't find a dish for. The problem was that most of the lids were for my glass dishes and large bowls that I kept in other cabinets. So I fished it out of the garbage....

But the worst was my SIL who got super drunk at our house twice. The first time she threw up all over a brand new fabric ottoman. It was never the same after that.

The second time was over Christmas and on Christmas Eve she hit on my brother who was also staying over. It was super awkward for him and when he rebuffed her she had a major meltdown that lasted hours. It was not fun to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter