What is the worst thing a guest has done in your home?

we invited a family friends of ours over and the wife and husband decided to chase each other through our kitchen/dining room and they wound up breaking our dining room door off the hinges. They are divorced now but we are friends with the husband.

Stole a check right out of our checkbook. Wrote a check and cashed it. We had to go through some much to prove it wasn’t us.

Holy cow!

Honestly the worst thing I can think of is that once my MIL insisted that my wheat germ was rancid and wanted to me to throw it out. I said it was fine and put it back in the fridge. She went behind my back and threw it out anyway. I fished it out of the garbage (wheat germ is pricy).

I have a feeling my story will pale in comparison to some we will be hearing...

I had someone I barely knew come by at about 8 am saying she needed a place to hang out until she could get a ride home. She had been kicked out of Coast Guard housing and had moved in to a converted bus about an hour away- side note- with about 35 birds ranging from parakeets to giant parrots and a barkless pomeranian :) She plopped herself down on my couch and slept ALL day. I'm sure I fed her but for the life of me I can't remember her ever waking up. She left at 11pm. She had already been to my neighbors and she told her no they were going somewhere. She was a weird woman and not really aware of social cues. She had asked my neighbor and I to come help her clean out her home when she was kicked out. WOW! 35 birds make a giant, nasty mess. I don't even think she helped. I think she took off and spent most of the day elsewhere.

We had a housemate that did when we were in college. We went to court, got a judgement for the money (it was $1600, which at age 20 was a ton of money). We haven't seen a dime of it.He did spend some time in jail though.

Stolen from me. They think I don’t know but I do.

Created drama with my grandma at a family gathering. They’ve were never invited into my home again.

Called me a filthy name in my front yard for all my neighbors to hear after I had just helped them out and given them some money.

Not too major, but just not leave. I have someone I know who comes over and stays for days on end. Drives me nuts. I now set specific times when this person comes over.

At a kids sleepover, one guest vomited all the way to the bathroom, all over the bathroom, except the toilet!

My mother was on home hospice in a hospital bed in my living room, and someone-in the family because that was all we had in the home to see her-stole her pain medication. I went upstairs to try and get some rest after she passed. I crawled into her bed and found the empty bottles hidden under the blankets. I mean, how low of a person do you have to be to steal pain meds from a dying woman? Thank God she wasn't taking them in her final days (which is why they were in her bedroom). She was on palliative morphine...but anyway, we all had our suspicions, but decided against confrontation.

clogged the toilet. Wasn't a huge deal, but the plunger was not in the bathroom so they had to sheepishly come out and ask for it.

I don't really have guests over to my house very often. The only over night guest (other than a dog my daughter was watching) was a friend who "passed out" on the couch. He was gone before I woke up in the morning.

At a kids sleepover, one guest vomited all the way to the bathroom, all over the bathroom, except the toilet!
Similar -- only it was all the way down our carpeted stairs. She didn't mean to, of course, and her parents were very apologetic. Just one of those things that happens, but was definitely not fun.

I had a first cousin who came from another state to visit my parents for a couple months one summer. She was going through a divorce & said she needed to get away from her ex. My sister felt bad for her & let her clean her house to make some spending money. It turned out she was spending most of her "cleaning" time sleeping with my sister's husband. Obviously, my parents kicked her out the day my sister found out about the affair. He moved back to her home state with her & they got married. That didn't last long.

Wow, these are crazy! I have one I bet you won't believe?
My new SIL came to visit from another state. While I was out of the house on an errand, she got into ALL my drawers. She found a crocheted tablecloth and removed my guest room valance and put that up. She found some ribbon (don't know where) and wove it through it. She cleaned out my fridge. She got into my spare room dresser drawers and took some small boxes (jewelry type) and put them on top of my kitchen cabinets and rearranged my collection of antique pitchers on them. How do I know she got into the drawers? Things were definitely moved around.
I know she has some problems, but come on? I just wonder if she got into our financial records in my desk. I would bet yes on that one!
Needless to say, she has not been back!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter