What is wrong with people? Gun drawn during a parking lot dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This analogy works if there is a “time limit” during the incident, there wasn’t. Nobody was pointing a gun at gun lady. She had time to process. Different scenario if it was a shot or be shot situation. Then this analogy works.
They where banging on the car as they where attempting to leave, blocking them from leaving.

How do you know in that moment what their intent is?

Name them.
I’m still waiting but just like this incident that happened in minutes you couldn’t respond that fast.
Sorry, I wasn't watching this thread, eagerly awaiting your request. :lmao:

As was said above, put it in park and call the cops. Could also lay on the horn and create a bigger scene. Or slowly inch backwards, stopping if she falls. Or 3-5 point turn it (they were already pretty far out of the spot when they exited the car... and the 2 spots next to them were empty.

Once Im in the car, as long as they aren’t hitting my windows, that’s probably the better option

oh, wait!
You're creating a hypothetical that changes the discussion.

Also, have you ever tried to break a car window? It's not going to happen by someone beating on it with their hand.

They where banging on the car as they where attempting to leave, blocking them from leaving.
Yes, but what I was responding to was your suggestion that gun lady only had minutes to respond (like the poster you were responding to). To your point now- many people including myself gave alternatives to getting back out of a car with a gun, I argue that was probably more dangerous. Crazy mom and daughter weren’t banging on windows with hammers or anything.

Sorry, I wasn't watching this thread, eagerly awaiting your request. :lmao:

As was said above, put it in park and call the cops. Could also lay on the horn and create a bigger scene. Or slowly inch backwards, stopping if she falls. Or 3-5 point turn it (they were already pretty far out of the spot when they exited the car... and the 2 spots next to them were empty.

You're creating a hypothetical that changes the discussion.

Also, have you ever tried to break a car window? It's not going to happen by someone beating on it with their hand.
They did bang on the back of the car, not a hypothetical.

Yes, but what I was responding to was your suggestion that gun lady only had minutes to respond (like the poster you were responding to). To your point now- many people including myself gave alternatives to getting back out of a car with a gun, I argue that was probably more dangerous. Crazy mom and daughter weren’t banging on windows with hammers or anything.
And most of those same posters have had time to think about it. This happened in seconds. Someone who has been confrontational and threatening to you and your husband, follows you to your car, blocks you from leaving, then proceeds to bang on your car.
How do you in that moment know exactly what they have with them?

And most of those same posters have had time to think about it. This happened in seconds. Someone who has been confrontational and threatening to you and your husband, follows you to your car, blocks you from leaving, then proceeds to bang on your car.
How do you in that moment know exactly what they have with them?
Seems like an even better reason to not get out and confront them?

To be completely honest, if I actually believed my life is in danger to the point that I would be pulling out a firearm... I'm backing over the mother. Why exit the vehicle when I can completely leave the situation?

Cooler heads would have prevailed in this scenario though as it was obvious that these two are harmless. Just like to talk a lot.

And whose violence are you defending?
If you haven't noticed, no one is defending the actions of the lady and her daughter. There were no winners in this scenario, only losers.

Seems like an even better reason to not get out and confront them?

To be completely honest, if I actually believed my life is in danger to the point that I would be pulling out a firearm... I'm backing over the mother. Why exit the vehicle when I can completely leave the situation?

Cooler heads would have prevailed in this scenario though as it was obvious that these two are harmless. Just like to talk a lot.

If you haven't noticed, no one is defending the actions of the lady and her daughter. There were no winners in this scenario, only losers.
I agree, I wouldn’t have gotten out either, but I also won’t fault someone that gets harassed beyond their control and placed into bad situations. To me the blame here rests solely on the mom/daughter combo.

I would have backed over her also.

I agree, I wouldn’t have gotten out either, but I also won’t fault someone that gets harassed beyond their control and placed into bad situations. To me the blame here rests solely on the mom/daughter combo.

I would have backed over her also.

Multiple times you have said you would physically hurt the woman. That is kind of disturbing.

Did you watch the video? The wife is pregnant and that’s my main concern.
The thought that some of you would allow a pregnant woman to get harrassed and possibly assaulted without you getting involved is what I find disturbing.

And multiple people said multiple times that she had every right to be afraid. If I am pregnant in my car being screamed at I am damn sure not jumping out and pointing a gun at that person. You conveniently ignore those posts and continue to promote violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter