What is wrong with people? Gun drawn during a parking lot dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the husband charged and fired? I still can't find a reason.
It appeared that he also has a gun in his hand, though it was not totally clear in the video. But since he was arrested and fired, that seems likely.

You stated your opinion that the situation would have naturally de-escalated but I think than many viewing the long video might disagree with that assessment. She clearly wanted to reduce the verbal tension in the situation and the mother and daughter were not shown to be willing to do that. They then tried to leave the location in order to withdraw from the situation and were prevented. Each time she / the couple tried to reduce the tension the other individuals response was to increase the tension of the situation.
They were in their car. Unless the mother/daughter were going to break out the windows, the situation doesn't escalate from there.

They were in their car. Unless the mother/daughter were going to break out the windows, the situation doesn't escalate from there.

Correct, they were in the car. And when they tried to pull out and leave the mother blocked their way and hammered on the vehicle several times. The mother escalated the situation at that moment. I also went back and looked at the full video again, and the whole time the woman was in the passenger seat of the van she was trying to reduce the situation. In addition, in the time before that when the male was talking to the mother before going and getting in the drivers seat she actually physically threatened him. I won't repeat the statement because of the words used but it's there in the audio of the incident.

I can't speak for the lady's state of mind who is the focus of this situation. I know that the news of the past weeks and month has been filed with tremendous amounts of tension. Numerous persons have lost their lives on both sides of the social and societal spectrum. I remember one news report where a person got shot simply because that individual unknowingly turned onto a street where a protest was occurring , and someone came up to the driver's window and shot. It's an unusual time in this country right now.

For all the folks implying that the idiot with the gun acted out of fear, I say BS.

Another video of a similar incident is out. The races are reversed. The victims REMAINED IN THE CAR. They called the police and drove off. All while being ATTACKED by 4 crazed morons.

If the pregnant woman truly felt that she was in danger she would have remained in her vehicle. Scared people try to get away from danger, not run towards it.

WARNING: This video is SCARY and the language used is strong.

For all the folks implying that the idiot with the gun acted out of fear, I say BS.

Another video of a similar incident is out. The races are reversed. The victims REMAINED IN THE CAR. They called the police and drove off. All while being ATTACKED by 4 crazed morons.

If the pregnant woman truly felt that she was in danger she would have remained in her vehicle. Scared people try to get away from danger, not run towards it.

WARNING: This video is SCARY and the language used is strong.

I think the gun lady did act out of fear. I think that’s the problem though, she was irrational because of her fear. She ABSOLUTELY should have stayed in her car and called the police or even the store they just left to see if there was security. My whole issue with this situation was gun lady had other choices but because of her anger and fear she escalated a situation that could have ended in someone getting shot.

It's clear as day that the black woman and daughter were the instigators. Regardless of whether a bump occurred, nobody is obligated to apologize or say excuse me, and if they don't, you don't get in their face about it. You simply go about your day.

The white woman was calm, not raising her voice, and keeping her hands at her side. The black lady was loud, her arms were flailing about, and she was using offensive language.

If anyone defends her behavior, it's pretty clear what their agenda is.

It's clear as day that the black woman and daughter were the instigators. Regardless of whether a bump occurred, nobody is obligated to apologize or say excuse me, and if they don't, you don't get in their face about it. You simply go about your day.

The white woman was calm, not raising her voice, and keeping her hands at her side. The black lady was loud, her arms were flailing about, and she was using offensive language.

100% agree the black woman and her daughter were at fault, they acted crazy. They were looking for racism that wasn’t there. I would agree nobody should be defending that behavior. I think it’s “the appropriate” response that is in question.

What is THEIR agenda? Do tell. Are you typing what THEY don't want me to read too?

I don't defend the woman's behaviour neither do I defend the woman who decided to leave the safety of her vehicle and pull a gun on an unarmed person. Up to that point she was good.

I’d have beat that mother and daughters ***
You approach my wife while she’s pregnant with that attitude, you’ll swallow your own teeth.

Not worth it though. He lost his job and they are both in trouble.

Side note: what's with these people who stick around and taunt a person who pulled a gun on them? I'd be out of there. Why test them?

Side note: what's with these people who stick around and taunt a person who pulled a gun on them? I'd be out of there. Why test them?
So you would allow that to happen to your pregnant wife?
When she can’t defend herself, it becomes my responsibility.
I wouldn’t worry about my job.
I guess I’m from a different part of the country than others, because I’d have beat them down.

Probably because she judged it as an attempt to intimidate rather than a serious threat. Seriously, what was she going to do in a parking lot with ample witnesses and cell phone cameras pointed at her?

Few took the St Louis couple seriously. Most were just moving on and none of the armed protestors drew their weapons. A few even mouthed off at them. Video may be a factor.

So you would allow that to happen to your pregnant wife?
When she can’t defend herself, it becomes my responsibility.
I wouldn’t worry about my job.
I guess I’m from a different part of the country than others, because I’d have beat them down.

Looks like she had no problems defending herself.

Resorting to violence is never going to be the answer.

Violence is never a good thing but if it is going to occur, would you rather be first or last? That's a rhetorical question.
If that were the only 2 choices it is an easy answer. In this case there was another choice. They were IN the car, there was not an imminent threat from the women or her daughter. If there was I’m not sure getting back out of the car to brandish a gun would have been safe for her anyway. What the black women did was absolutely positively disgusting, I don’t think there is any question about that. If the couple could not get back into the car or even pulled the gun before they got in maybe there would be some leeway. The gun women put herself in MORE danger by getting back out of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter