What is your approach?

Wayland10

DIS Veteran
Hi folks! I'm making a (super-early) list of what ADRs I want to try for on our next Disney trip in August of 2019, and I'm having trouble deciding on how to approach my list. We are all adventurous eaters and the top of our list are places like Tiffins and Jiko. I 'd also kind of like to do BOG, but it won't break my heart if I don't get it. So, should I book the places I'm most excited about first, knowing that that means I likely won't get more popular ressies, or do I jump into the ring for the hard to secure places and have even the very slight risk of missing my favorites?

Popular restaurants in the first few days of your 180+10 window should be booked first. This is because the first few days are in the end of the booking window for those arriving in the week before you and will already be partly filled. Next would be popular restaurants for days towards the end of your trip. Then fill in the easier to get restaurants for the remainder of your trip.

First, plan you park days so when you are ready to book your restaurants, you know you do nto need to either change your plans, or run hitter and yon just to eat. THink about how you will want to tour and how you like to eat, and I always look at the previous year's hours and show times. Of course that is not to say the times guides are written in stone, but you will have an idea.

After I make a rough touring plan, and I mean a really loose outline of park days and any special event I need to work around, I look at my dining choices, and the times I think my family will want to eat. I put them in order of difficulty and book in that order.

IMO, restaurants like Jiko or Tiffins do not book up as quickly as California Grill at Fireworks times, so I woudl book my CG first.

PPO restaurants that offer any kind of advantage book quickly, so if you want BOG breakfast, or Garden Grill or AKershus before the park opening time, book them first.

For some reason, SCi Fi in DHS is popular so if you want that one or 50's you woudl place them in the early booking order, however if you wanted Brown Derby, I would not hae that one up front.

I also do not lose sleep over any restaurnt that I could not book. SOme of our best meals have been our 2nd choice.

Also, if you have someone (DH maybe?) who would be willing to split the list with you, you both could log on and work it together. I personally have never had to do this, but if you have 2 really hard to get ADRs (in particular pre park or CG) you both could be booking at the same time. And as PPs recommended, work your hardest ones backwards. So try to get CG on your 8, 9, or 10th day. And work from there.

Thank you, everyone, for your advice! I always learn such helpful things here! Keep it coming! ☺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter