What is your Date & Rate in 2005?

Just booked Portofino Bay (Deluxe )for the week June 12-June 18 for $179 a night.
Now that's the rate I'm looking for for the beginning of August. Great job seabiscuit! Hope I can get that lucky. I'm still playing the waiting game right now :sad2: .

seabiscuit said:
I'd tell you but then i would have to...... (just kidding) . No it was a (CD Rate). I am a AP holder and was trying to use it before pulling a few strings. But i got desperate.

Whats a CD rate? Thanks!

Hard Rock Hotel - garden view - June 6 & 7 - 2 rooms - $199.20/room/night - AP rate.

Lori

Hard Rock Hotel: June 25 - June 27, $237.60, AAA rate

Still experiencing a sort of sticker shock at these prices. We are DVC members and I guess I'm not used to paying out this much cash for a room. But, I *promised* DS and DD that we would spend a few days at Universal this year.

11/7 - 11/11 HRH $242 night standard garden view

I'm so disappointed that is the best I can do?
That's the AAA rate.
The APH rate would only be $20/night cheaper.
I thought this would be a nice quiet time to go (= good discounts?)
We went to RPR last year for Chrismas/New Years and paid less!
I've tried Hotel Kingdom, Expedia, Loews directly, 1800BEASTAR and Orangevacations.com

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I can't find my Loews number. Any way to retrieve that?

DJ

I just called and got my Loews number. Combination of Loews and triple A gives me a Garden View rate of $224.10. That's the best I can get so far. Any suggestions?

I am not seeing any deals with any passes included like some of you seem to have gotten.

DJ

Help-what would you do? I have been to Universal numberous times and have stayed at all 3 hotels, but I am spoiled. Stayed at HRH when it opened, very cheap, stayed at RPH in club level when it opened for $149, and PBH in 2003 for $159, so I am spoiled by these rates. My time frame, 3rd week in August is showing $211 for APH, which we already have from our December trip when we did not stay on site. If I go to the Universal fan club site and put in the code I found on these boards my 4 day total, with taxes is $798, so I figure the room is around $179, which is good. But it also says if you cancel you will be charged $25 per person x4=$100, not good. Do I gamble and wait, in 2003 the prices came way down in May when we booked PBH, or book now and be satisfied with my rates?

djmpj said:
I just called and got my Loews number. Combination of Loews and triple A gives me a Garden View rate of $224.10. That's the best I can get so far. Any suggestions?

I am not seeing any deals with any passes included like some of you seem to have gotten.

DJ

You don't mention which resort or your timeframe so its hard to say if that's the best rate going.

beattyfamily said:
You don't mention which resort or your timeframe so its hard to say if that's the best rate going.

sorry - I had back to back posts so I didn't repeat my info.

HRH
11/7 - 11/11/05
Standard Garden View

Latest Update: I got stay for 4, play for free with 2 free length of stay passes for adults for $249/nt + tax. I guess that's the best I'm going to get. If we are staying for 4 nights, are the adult passes for 5 days or 4 days?

Booked on 2/28.

Rates at PB for August 5 to August 9 - $304 night bay view room (not including tax). This includes two adult length of stay tickets to the parks. This seems pretty expensive - but is pretty much in line with what I have always paid at WDW deluxe resorts (even with the AP discount).

I did not use any discount codes because I would have lost the length of stay passes. Also, Loews membership did nothing - no room upgrade available.

Here today & gone tomorrow would be the best way to describe my search for cheap rates at Universal Hotels. I didn't book the AAA rate at RPH of $170 ish since I thought rates would come down. Now that rate is sold out. Only AAA rate I could find for these dates was Portofino for $227.20. Made my ressie & a day later that rate is gone. Have not seen a fan club rate for these dates but from what I see I don't think it could be much better than AAA. I will keep checking but right now not much available.

Royal Pacific

I just checked with loews website and my dates went down for 4 of my 5 days I went from 179 plus tax to 139 plus tax. So far that is a savings of 160 plus tax. Be flexible when checking for your dates and rates, and check the hotel reservations by phone too.

ANNUAL PASS RATE

by the way these are my dates may 23 - 28, 2005.

I expect the last day to go down about 1 month to 3 weeks before we leave this is usually typical in my experiences.

Kimberly

Royal Pacific Resort
Friday, September 23 - Tuesday, September 27, 2005
$199 a Night, Stay & Play Package
Standard Room Upgraded to a King Suite

The room actually ends up being pretty close to what we paid last year. The package is costing us $800 (pre tax), when you subtract the $200 for the bonus passes, you end up with $600 for the room. That averages out to $150 per night. We paid $144/$168 a night last year and that was Entertainment rate. Plus, we had to buy the Entertainment book. Another thing, the $144/$168 was for a standard room while this years $150 is getting us a King Suite (I'm a Platinum member). Sounds good to me! :)

thanks to all the information on this board,I've booked RPR 5/22-5/27 for 139.00 aph rate .

:cool1: HRH Deluxe room $199 APH rate May 8-May 11th
(They have HRH Garden rooms for $159 May 8-11th APH rate) We decided the deluxe would be better for us and 3 kids!
Also booked a Cabana for Mother's Day out by the pool :sunny: :banana:

I called for APH and Florida rates for the above dates.
6-16-18
FL/APH rate for HRH Garden is $237.50
Pool $256.00

Portifino Garden $256
Bay $274
Nothing at Royal
6-24-26
APH/FL
HRH kids Suite $467
Portafino Club $449
garden $356

Nothing in Royal.

Confirmed they are not doing Ent. rates at all.

Edited I just compared the phone call rates (1-800 Be a Star)to the rates from the Universal site.

Internet site rates (so I guess you do not get the same prices or the person on the phones just quoted a couple wrong)

6-16-18 Portafino Garden $256 both FL and APH prices were the same
Bay $274
Deluxe $292
Club $346

6-24-26 Portafino Garden $346 for both FL and APH

6-16-18 HRH Garden $237 both FL and APH within a $1
Bay $255
Dex. $309
Club $336
Nothing list for 6-24-26
No discount for Royal.

Over the phone I did not get all the rooms discount but maybe that was because she thought I was looking for the least expensive (which I was).
The internet did not quote Suites. So I guess sometimes it may pay to call and look at both for prices.

I am still looking for something less.

Hard Rock - June 15 - June 18

Club Level - $336 per night. AAA discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter