What is your engagement ring like?

DH finds diamonds boring and colorless so he gave me a gorgeous emerald shaped sapphire surrounded by diamonds. His mother passed away a few years ago and I inherited a 4 carat round solitaire. Also gorgeous!

My birthday is in April so my birthstone is diamond and my husband is ruby. Got engaged and married in 1991 so my ring was different than most engagement rings st time. Yellow gold with round diamond offset with small rubies on each side. My wedding band has more rubies

I'm not a diamond fan however that's what I have. I don't wear it because it is not me. I would love to have a gemstone with colour. I just keep putting it off because they are expensive too and there are trips to take.

Mine is white gold, with like a criss-cross on each side to a diamond. I love it, but I love even more that my husband picked it out without us talking about rings or ring styles at all and it exactly matched the one ring I'd pinned to my pinterest board--that no one else had ever seen. :) He just saw the setting and thought it was something I'd like. And he was right. :)

I have a heart-shaped diamond. We picked out the stone and set it into a ring that had an amethyst in it. I don't like how high diamond settings are. And I'm a dangerous clutz. So the lower setting is safer for all of us, and it's a very pretty design. The band is a v-shape that fits under the heart and has more diamonds.

I like the heart shaped stones - very romantic! But I have a 2+ carat round stone in a 3.75 setting with round and baguettes. It's a large piece of jewelry, but I think not in your face gaudy. One of the coolest things about my stone - it has strong blue florescence - under a black light, it GLOWS bright blue!

My engagement ring is a very simple thin gold band with a pear shaped diamond.
I haven't worn it in over 10 years, dh bought me a past present future ring then and I wear that instead.
I want to have the stone from my engagement ring reset into something else at some point.

My poor husband, I worked in jewelry for several years before we got engaged so I had very exact ideas about what I wanted :lol Luckily for him, my mother also gave us a stone that was just what I wanted and so we picked out the setting together and then he surprised me with the actual timing of the engagement

I have a round solitaire diamond set in a tulip mount with yellow gold band

I like the heart shaped stones - very romantic! But I have a 2+ carat round stone in a 3.75 setting with round and baguettes. It's a large piece of jewelry, but I think not in your face gaudy. One of the coolest things about my stone - it has strong blue florescence - under a black light, it GLOWS bright blue!
:goodvibes My original engagement ring was a beautiful heart-shaped pink tourmaline with small diamonds set into the yellow gold band. We had a wedding band custom made to match it and the set was lovely and dainty and very appropriate for the young bride I was at the time. Coloured stoned weren't common then - I got SO many compliments on that ring!

Like others have mentioned about their jemstones though, the tourmaline was soft and the points on the cut wore badly over time. Then a few years ago I had a mishap and it was distroyed. I replaced it with several "temporary" rings but have not ever again found one I love. I've actually just ordered a custom anniversary band (round pink sapphires and diamonds) that I hope will become my "forever" ring. I'm looking forward to its arrival in time for our 22nd anniversary on Saturday.

Last edited:
Mine is a small (1/4 carat) solitaire set in 14K yellow gold. We got married young and poor. LOL. I never wear it because it (and my wedding ring) just don't fit me anymore.

My poor husband, I worked in jewelry for several years before we got engaged so I had very exact ideas about what I wanted :lol Luckily for him, my mother also gave us a stone that was just what I wanted and so we picked out the setting together and then he surprised me with the actual timing of the engagement

I have a round solitaire diamond set in a tulip mount with yellow gold band

Me too lol. DH had notes. We did talk about rings beforehand and I like to think I didn't give him too many parameters but I don't know, maybe I did. I requested a cathedral setting, I was not choosy about solitaire vs side stones so long as it wasn't gaudy. I decided on a palladium ring as I prefer the white color metal to yellow but my body strips the rhodium off white gold too fast and platinum is too expensive. I requested either an oval or emerald cut stone and told him that stone quality mattered to me more than size. He picked out a 1/2 ct oval stone that I think is E or maybe F in color, IF clarity, and a cathedral setting with small round stones channel set in the band. It's gorgeous.

I only have one ring. It was an engagement ring with diamonds, but then I refused to take it off to get a matching band made. HAHA!

Now I don't even wear it because I have had some reactions to it, and it needs to be resized. I plan to take it in soon to get resized but now I don't even want another ring/band for it. It is fine the way it is.

I have been married over 22 years and I got the ring about 23 years ago.

:goodvibes My original engagement ring was a beautiful heart-shaped pink tourmaline with small diamonds set into the yellow gold band. We had a wedding band custom made to match it and the set was lovely and dainty and very appropriate for the young bride that I was at the time. Coloured stoned weren't common then - I got SO many compliments on that ring!

Like others have mentioned about their jemstones though, the tourmaline was soft and the points on the cut wore badly over time. Then a few years ago I had a mishap and it was distroyed. I replaced it with several "temporary" rings but have not ever again found one I love. I've actually just ordered a custom anniversary band (round pink sapphires and diamonds) that I hope will become my "forever" ring. I'm looking forward to its arrival in time for our 22nd anniversary on Saturday.
I have several rings, my original set, a custom made band, three stone, channel set band and they only come out for special occasions and nights out. For my 25th this year I picked out a dainty, diamond eternity band. I think I finally hit upon the "forever" ring. Unless I'm doing home improvement, dishes or putting lotion on it doesn't come off. I think you'll be happy with your choice. Happen to have a pic? It's sounds very pretty.

I am not a diamond gal and I am a very proud 2nd generation Irish girl, so my DH did me proud when he purchased my engagement ring. It is a Claddagh with a heart shaped emerald in the middle and small diamonds around the band all in silver.

Mine is/was a small single diamond. I don't wear it anymore. I wear a single wedding band. I have noticed though that my wedding ring is small in comparison to many ladies within our social settings. I notice many with a big diamond set combined wedding and engagement ring. I'm not really into rings, so that's fine with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter