What is your last work day of the year?

Yikes! Hopefully it will be a while before you travel again.
I'm Canadian but currently living/working in South-East Asia, so going home is always going to be an ordeal (at least it is business class with flat beds (weirdly, even my last 90-minute leg)). Most of my other travel is regional (though, that can still be 20+ hours if heading to one of the Pacific Islands).

21st, and return the 2nd. Yet I know that I’ll be checking and responding to emails due to the nature of my position, in anticipation of the spring semester starting.

29th (last business day of the month). The two weeks around Christmas and New Year is very quiet at work. Those are the best days to work as there are very few people around to bother you and you can get a lot more done. We never take time off around the holidays,

Dec. 31. I work in a hospital and am working both holiday weekends. 23/24 and 30/31. The good news is that since I have so many weekend shifts and a holiday I met my part time hours and am off Mon-Fri and can be home with my kids since they are off from school.

I will probably work half a day on the 21st and return to work on January 2nd. However, I am considering adding a day off on the 2nd to change things up a bit.

Maybe going back on the 3rd will somehow seem less depressing?

Our offices close on December 22 and re-open January 2. I’m taking 24 hour on-call the week between Christmas and New Years. Here’s to hoping it’s quiet.

Friday the 29th. I will take the 25th and the 26th off and work the 27th-29th.

We are closed the 22nd and 25th. I’m taking the week of the 25th off to visit my in laws in Florida. Then back to work on the 2nd (closed Jan 1st). So long way of saying off the 22nd through until the 2nd.

I'm between semesters so my time is my own. I have 7 lab reports to grade by Friday, then I have a million things to do and catch up on before classes start on January 16th. However, my time and schedule are my own to set, and at least half of what I need to do can be done from home (or while visiting my sister, which is where I am right now). SO- things to do but no set schedule and no need to go into work to do them all. It's not bad. Also, DH and I are going away Jan 5-13, to visit my sister/BIL in NOLA and then spend 4 nights at Coronado Springs. We'll be home 3 days before the semester starts.

I'm between semesters so my time is my own. I have 7 lab reports to grade by Friday, then I have a million things to do and catch up on before classes start on January 16th. However, my time and schedule are my own to set, and at least half of what I need to do can be done from home (or while visiting my sister, which is where I am right now). SO- things to do but no set schedule and no need to go into work to do them all. It's not bad. Also, DH and I are going away Jan 5-13, to visit my sister/BIL in NOLA and then spend 4 nights at Coronado Springs. We'll be home 3 days before the semester starts.
Pretty much my life too. I'm chair of my department doing Program Review so I'll be writing that over the break but at a leisurely pace and oftentimes from my bed with a mug of coffee or eggnog beside me. And my wife has a laundry list of to-do's for me once grading is done.

12/29 for me, I decided to work from home the week of Xmas instead of taking PTO. Nobody will be working so I'll just need to check my emails from time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter