What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Nope. Trying to warn you that the CMs on the phone don't know their stuff all of the time. I'd trust my fellow Disboarders over them any day of the week.

In all my years of going, I have usually gotten better information here than anywhere else. Especially when you ask questions they 'can't' answer, like should I buy X for my trip.

We use ziploc bags. We also take a small keychain flashlight for checking for bedbugs. This last trip I actually took along a roll of scotch tape. The use of the scotch tape is this: We fly, but we need a little bit more than the small travel allowances for our bathroom supplies. So, we put scotch tape over the caps of any and all liquid supplies to keep them from leaking in our checked bags. It was easy to prep at home, but for the return trip, you just can't go ask for tape, so I took a full dispenser (like you use for the holidays) along and it worked wonderfully.

Nope. Trying to warn you that the CMs on the phone don't know their stuff all of the time. I'd trust my fellow Disboarders over them any day of the week.

Exactly. 1 CM's info doesn't always match another.

In all my years of going, I have usually gotten better information here than anywhere else. Especially when you ask questions they 'can't' answer, like should I buy X for my trip.

Exactly. While most of don't work for the mouse, there's always someone that's either ready to go, already there, or just got back and has the first hand info of what's going on. There have been many times where DIS members experienced changes before CM's knew something happened (ex: something changes in the MK, but the CM's at the Boardwalk don't know about the change because the memo wasn't passed out yet).

I drink only black iced coffee. I make it at home (DD) and sometimes I buy it on the weekends. I always order a large iced coffee from DD and keep the plastic cups and tops and take an extra straw or two. When its time for vacation, I pack enough cups and staws for each day during the trip. This way I make the coffee in the room and put it in the DD cup. I can take it to the parks. When done, I just throw the cup away.
Omygoodness, dontcha just wish there was a DD at WDW?!?
That would make Disney heaven!

Actually the info she is giving is CORRECT. Disney call centers do not give out the correct advice.
Maxiesmom has been on these boards for a long time and she knows her stuff.
People ask questions here and her advice helps many.
No need for you to be so rude.
Very true. Sometimes the call centers are wrong. Of course that doesn't mean that all information given out is wrong. And of course, that doesn't mean that all information given here is CORRECT.

The problem, here, is that sometimes advice is given as though it is a rule. One that, if a true, would be documented, somewhere.

Scissors - for every trip to every place. I keep scissors in my car, in my purse, in every room of the house. I'm a little nuts about scissors. But - we always use them.

Sounds ridiculous, but I take a small portable microwave. We do rope drops and always take a mid day break back at the hotel to gear up for an afternoon/evening back at a park.
1. We save money by eating lunch in the room
2. The microwave opens up options for lunch
3. Most resorts they are not available but if the are, there is an extra fee of course..
By bringing a microwave, or any other small appliance not approved electrically, you are putting me and my family at risk for a fire...
It's pretty scary thinking about a fire in any one of the resorts...
Please those of you reading this thread, do NOT bring unapproved appliances to your resort!
Even if you don't care about me or my family, or other resort guests, you're also putting your own family at risk.
And no, I'm not the "Disney police". Just a little old Nonni who values safety above convenience and cost.

By bringing a microwave, or any other small appliance not approved electrically, you are putting me and my family at risk for a fire...
It's pretty scary thinking about a fire in any one of the resorts...
Please those of you reading this thread, do NOT bring unapproved appliances to your resort!
Even if you don't care about me or my family, or other resort guests, you're also putting your own family at risk.
And no, I'm not the "Disney police". Just a little old Nonni who values safety above convenience and cost.

Doesn't Mousekeeping have the authority to remove unapproved appliances if they find them on their rounds? I'm pretty sure they do.

So not true...
Whichever CM spoke to you, gave you incorrect info...
That does occur with the phone system, so sorry.

It's amazing how many people think they are actually talking to CM's at the resorts, when in fact, they're talking to CM's in a call center. We had some minor issues on our last trip and we called from in our room and were assured that the CM on the line was NOT in the resort (so we also went to the lobby to chat then too).

Doesn't Mousekeeping have the authority to remove unapproved appliances if they find them on their rounds? I'm pretty sure they do.
If they do, they've never removed my kettle.

Also, if they do "remove" something, they better know where they removed it to. Otherwise that isn't removing, it is stealing.

I would love to see what the policy is. Everywhere I have looked, it isn't mentioned.

If they do, they've never removed my kettle.

Also, if they do "remove" something, they better know where they removed it to. Otherwise that isn't removing, it is stealing.

I would love to see what the policy is. Everywhere I have looked, it isn't mentioned.

From the Disney Moms Panel who are official reps of Disney:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...alue-resorts-mini-fridge-no-microwave-328788/

"You are correct that Disney's Value Resort Hotels feature a mini-refrigerator but do not have a microwave. Due to fire codes and restrictions, guests are not allowed to bring their own microwave to keep in their resort room."

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...alue-resorts-mini-fridge-no-microwave-328788/

"You are correct that Disney's Value Resort Hotels feature a mini-refrigerator but do not have a microwave. Due to fire codes and restrictions, guests are not allowed to bring their own microwave to keep in their resort room."

Microwave.. got it... they didn't have a problem at POFQ with the Keurig my travel partner brought.. because she HAD to have her k-cup coffee every morning.. ugh.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The "Moms Panel?" Really. The same panel that is bashed here almost every day? The same panel that gets it wrong about half the time? That is the source? Wow. Okay.

You heard it here, the Moms Panel is the final word.

Sorry, but I still can't stop laughing. Using the Moms Panel around here is like using Wiki on a college term paper.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The "Moms Panel?" Really. The same panel that is bashed here almost every day? The same panel that gets it wrong about half the time? That is the source? Wow. Okay.

You heard it here, the Moms Panel is the final word.

Sorry, but I still can't stop laughing. Using the Moms Panel around here is like using Wiki on a college term paper.

WOW.

This is the type of response that makes people reluctant to post on the Disboards. People try and help and find information for others and then get mocked. How is that helpful to the collective of people who are trying to plan for there trips? I never said the Moms Panel is the final word. And I have not actually read any posts bashing them and have been reading posts for awhile. Maybe they are all your previous lovely posts that I have yet to read?

WOW.

This is the type of response that makes people reluctant to post on the Disboards. People try and help and find information for others and then get mocked. How is that helpful to the collective of people who are trying to plan for there trips? I never said the Moms Panel is the final word. And I have not actually read any posts bashing them and have been reading posts for awhile. Maybe they are all your previous lovely posts that I have yet to read?
I have no problem with the Mom's Panel. They are great for thoughts or ideas of what to do. In fact, I've applied to be on the panel.

The problem is, they really aren't any better than calling a cast member at the general number. They do not know every policy of Disney.

That said, if no appliances were a rule, it would be written somewhere in official Disney literature. And if that were the case, someone somewhere would be able to find it. And if small appliances were not allowed, what about hair straighteners and curling irons? What about your personal hair dryer? See? That is why it would have to be written somewhere. No to kettles but yes to curling irons. Or yes, to kettles, but no to microwaves. Or whatever. Then they would probably have to make exceptions. Have a food allergy? What would they then allow?

(I haven't looked for a while. At least a year. So they may have actually put it somewhere on their web site. But it doesn't seem to be the case.)

If Disney had to write down everything that is not allowed, the book would be so big no one could lift it. Some things should be common sense. We are all renting bedrooms and bathrooms for the most part. I don't cook in either at home. I don't think the vast majority of people cook in their bathrooms or bedrooms. And yet it is supposedly ok at Disney World? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
If Disney had to write down everything that is not allowed, the book would be so big no one could lift it. Some things should be common sense. We are all renting bedrooms and bathrooms. I don't cook in either at home. I don't think the vast majority of people cook in their bathrooms or bedrooms. And yet it is supposedly ok at Disney World? Makes no sense.
Maybe because I stay in a studio villa, it makes sense to me.

Our studio has a microwave and fridge, so what difference does it make if I bring an electric kettle?

If Disney had to write down everything that is not allowed, the book would be so big no one could lift it. Some things should be common sense. We are all renting bedrooms and bathrooms. I don't cook in either at home. I don't think the vast majority of people cook in their bathrooms or bedrooms. And yet it is supposedly ok at Disney World? Makes no sense.
Certain things should be common sense, but common sense is the least common of all senses.
I wish they would put this in writing since there are so many people with no concern for the lives of other people in the resort with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter