What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I am Canadian so I don’t know I that changes things. I would love to visit. I was originally planning to go this or next year before Covid. I have lots of ties to the UK. My in laws are from there, my parents met, married and lived in England before I was born. My. Dad went to University in both Ireland (BA) and England ( Masters). Some of my closest friends are originally from the UK.

My mother is English, although moved to the US when she was a child. My father’s family is from Scotland, and I have some cousins that live up near Inverness that I have had a chance to visit with, and they have also traveled to the US. I did my MSc at Oxford, and lived for about a year in London. Did a great walking tour of Snowdonia about 20 years ago and really enjoyed that. I’ve not had a chance to visit Northern Ireland, yet.

The whole Brexit thing was interesting to watch from a distance. My English friends were all opposed to it, but my Scottish friends were in favor. I think they are hopeful that there will be a new Scottish Independence vote and that this one will be successful. I think Scotland may then join the EU!

Is Bill Bryson a good guide?.....meet somoee in 1983....couldn't wait to meet Sylvester Stallone , that is how I formed my opinion .

I've been to the UK a few times and actually once drove all around the main island in a crazy, long weekend, through England, Scotland and Wales. There are so many just absolutely gorgeous areas. The history is amazing. The people are wonderful. The culture--classical literature through the British Invasion through brilliant TV shows--is awesome. I hope to take my children there in 2021 or 2022, budget and pandemic willing.

Never been but would love to visit. Not a fan of the Royal family but I was a teen during the "British Invasion" in the 60s so love, love, love all those groups. Other than that I don't know much about the UK.

My daughter when to school in the UK for a year. We came for a week to tour at the end of the school year. I was struck by one big difference, the value they put on preserving older buildings. Kind of neat. Here the trend is to tear down and build new. Big debate here right now is whether to tear down the 65 year old addition to the State Capitol. Mind you they DID 40 years ago restore the then 120 year old section of the building. Train, bus and private app based ride share systems are amazing there.
Only thing I didn't like was pay public toilets. Those were banned here nearly 50 years ago

We visited London and Edinburgh in 2000. What a wonderful trip! So much to see and do. We got to walk amongst Stonehenge and touch the stones! Today, I think guests have to keep their distance. We also went to Bath, Lacock and of course the Tower of London, Parliment (on the 4th of July!) and all the other tourist sights.

DD17 wants to go to London for her graduation this June. Unfortunately, I think we will have to postpone that trip until summer 2022.

As I've said previously, my husband and I were set to visit England for the first time in June, and then Covid happened. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next summer. I'm definitely an Anglophile, love all things British-movies, tv, books. I've followed the royal family with interest since watching the wedding of Charles and Diana when I was ten years old. I feel like I could live there and be happy if they had better weather and didn't drive on the left :confused3 Those roundabouts look scary too!

I like Edinburgh. I didn’t much care for London. I haven’t been to Ireland yet.

No idea why you guys put caffeine in your pain killers. And no idea why it costs money to use the bathroom at some locations. Your airlines are much better than American ones. And your healthcare is much better than ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter