What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Volunteer work? Yes - basically for my whole life and I don't see a time coming where I won't be involved in one cause or another. Volunteerism is vital to the well-being of our communities. It's also a strong North American ethos that we do for ourselves and one another - not wait around for government to do for us. Quite different from Europe, I think.
I agree. My kids Private High School required 20 hours of volunteer service with an approved organization per school year. Some of the public High Schools have started doing the same thing and I have been amazed at the push back from some parents. They don't want their kids involved which is a shame.

Student x-ray tech, student teacher, volunteer work, and I've taken on some extra stuff over the years at work that in the past I wasn't paid extra for, but there is a small stipend for those duties now.

Do you wash your hands in the shower? I looked at a condo with a bathroom like this before purchasing my current condo. I immediately started researching those sinks that go on the back of a toilet, like they have on boats. I couldn’t stand the idea of not having a sink near every toilet.

I have my great-aunt’s wedding China. Not sure how unique that is. We take it out every few years for a tea party.

I have a novelty giant pencil on my desk. Was useful for dialing the phone when I worked in the office as the phone was behind my monitor. Now, it’s Just for show.

We have a deep sink in the laundry area so we use that. Truthfully we hardly if ever use the bathroom. Our whole basement, in and of itself meets the description of obscure. Aside from the bathroom, we have some other weird features to the basement like a wall of pine paneling with giant "doors" (they are designed to blend in to the paneling when closed) in it that creates a hallway from the basement door to the stairs to the first floor and a set of shelves and drawers built into the side of the stairs that go up but otherwise the basement is unfinished cement floors and walls and exposed beams. Oh, wait, we also have a "bar", no bar top, but the bar appears to have come out of a saloon from about 100+ years ago. Its got rough shelves built into the side that the barkeeper would have stood on. DH uses it to store tools and paint, etc. The bathroom is in the literal middle of the basement and the bar extends out from the wall of the bathroom almost all the way to the foundation wall.

Is a church considered a business? We live next door to a church. If not the church, I guess the next closest business would be a gas station.

There is also this weird meter thing built in to the side of the house that seemingly has no purpose. The town says it's not for the water and the electrical meter is on the other side of the house. It's about a foot long and half an inch tall. We can't figure out what, if anything it's connected to. The vinyl siding was cut to keep it revealed so we can't remove it.

Post a pic on the subReddit 'what is this thing' , you'll probably get an answer.

Frequently through the years. I've volunteered for community groups, programs, churches, schools, community outreach programs through work, and currently intensely caring(along with 2 siblings) for my very sick, elderly parents. There is no inheritance, so I'm getting nothing out of it but knowing that I did what I could. I also help an elderly neighbor pretty regularly. I would like to slow down at some point, but I'm sure I'll always be a helper of some sort. :)

I had the most fascinating job. I was an Executive Assistant in the Foreign Service, Department of State. My job led me to live in ten different countries (Panama, Spain, Peru, Turkey, Indonesia, Cote d'Ivoire, the Philippines and Germany) and have traveled to more than 3 dozen more. I miss that life more than I ever thought I would.

My husband is the one in my family. He is a helicopter pilot, instructor, flew the glacier tours in Alaska and now flies for news channels.

He says it's really not that interesting though, it's like driving a bus with a much smaller margin of error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter