What is your pet’s full name?

robinb

DIS veteran
What are your pet’s names? Do they have full names? Nicknames?

I have 4 pets now. The first is my Japanese Bobtail cat Peter MyLastName who also goes by Pete, Peter-Man, Manly Man and Pete,Pete & Repeat. The second is my Maltese Poodle mix Finnick MyLastName who also goes by Finn, Finn Bin, Finn Finn ala Bin, Finster and Finnestra. I also have new Japanese Bobtail kittens. One is named Breck (although I think I might change it) and the other is still unnamed but we’re thinking of Bodhe, Toshiro and Saba (because he’s a tabby).

PS: please don’t answer if you use your pets name as a security question!

We adopted our last cat as a kitten from the SPCA right after Christmas. They had named her Noel. She was black with a brown belly, so we named her Mocha, with Noel as her middle name. By the time she was a year old the brown fur had all turned black and nobody understood why we named her Mocha.
She was most commonly know as Fuzz, or Fuzz-Butt.......or names related to the latter that I can't use on the DIS. She was the most affectionate cat I have ever been around. She got cancer at age 12 and crossed the rainbow bridge 10 years ago, but is still very much in our hearts.

We adopted our last cat as a kitten from the SPCA right after Christmas. They had named her Noel. She was black with a brown belly, so we named her Mocha, with Noel as her middle name. By the time she was a year old the brown fur had all turned black and nobody understood why we named her Mocha.
She was most commonly know as Fuzz, or Fuzz-Butt.......or names related to the latter that I can't use on the DIS. She was the most affectionate cat I have ever been around. She got cancer at age 12 and crossed the rainbow bridge 10 years ago, but is still very much in our hearts.

Replied to your post because one of our cats has similar coloring although she is a Persian named Phoebe.

Phoebe was almost all black but is now 14 years old and her fur/hair is turning a lighter shade almost brown, depending on the light. She has the sweetest face but she is very petite at not quite 7 pounds and does not like to be handled but will, if she chooses you, allow a pet or two.

I have 2 other cats and a dog, all of whom shall remain nameless for the moment.

None now, Robin. But we did have two Siberian Huskies, Keemo and Tanya. They both had long AKA names, no recollection what those were. And then we had Vince's Rottweiler, Doc, for most of his life. He's still in my signature. Vince got him as a puppy when he moved out. Found out soon it was not easy taking care of the young dog on his own, so we acquired Doc.

Interesting, something I don't think about anymore. Our current dogs have one name. Our senior we rehomed so kept his name Toby. Our new rescue Dad wanted a Japanese name so she is Miko, short for Kamiko. Our last dog was Heidi Amelia. My first born child as I called him was our only purebred, his name was Sir Scruffield (called him Scruffy), a yorkshire terrier descended from British royalty (dogs that is). He's been gone 40 years but I have kept his family tree.

BUT ... growing up I had lots of hamsters and a few rabbits. They all got glorious names. My favorite rabbit was Mial Ilyich. The person who gave to me was MIchael ALlen (first name) and middle name of my favorite classical composer Tchaikovsky. Another was Sigmund Cromwell. They lived in the house and were litter box trained.

Now hamsters are small so needed big names ... most aren't easily present in my memory but a favorite was Leonard William Daniel Wayne III. Yes my yard had a Pet Cemetery complete with picked fence. Hoping they haunt the woods forever.

EDIT: Sorry forgot our turtle, red eared slider, named .............. DUDE! We have had him for about 8-10 years, I think he's finally stopped growing (hope so no room for another bigger tank). He will outlive me so I need to add him to the will.

Last edited:
What are your pet’s names? Do they have full names? Nicknames?

I have 4 pets now. The first is my Japanese Bobtail cat Peter MyLastName who also goes by Pete, Peter-Man, Manly Man and Pete,Pete & Repeat. The second is my Maltese Poodle mix Finnick MyLastName who also goes by Finn, Finn Bin, Finn Finn ala Bin, Finster and Finnestra. I also have new Japanese Bobtail kittens. One is named Breck (although I think I might change it) and the other is still unnamed but we’re thinking of Bodhe, Toshiro and Saba (because he’s a tabby).

PS: please don’t answer if you use your pets name as a security question!
Roz our lab pit mix…tooney, tooney tunes, rooney, rizzy, rozzie roo
Doug (dug) our hound pit mix…dougie, dougie do, doodles

Two Icelandic sheepdogs, ex-show dogs named by the breeder:
Surtsey's O Orlygur (he's from Denmark), call name Lygur (nickname Sweetpea)
Valhalla's Solo Voyager, call name Solo (nickname, Li'l Booger)

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We currently have 3 pets, and they all have middle names that have significance to us for one reason or another.

Our dog (a corgi) is Meeko Wombat.
Bunny is Pepper Holland.
Bearded dragon is Yoshi Marcus.

Our 2 pets that have passed were
Cat- Hunter Charlie.
Guinea pig- Oreo Tribble.

We have a cat named Lizzie Bennet and a rescue dog named Leia Organa (this is what happens when you let each of your children name one of the pets). Lizzie Bennet is almost always called by both names and even Elizabeth Bennet if she has gotten into real trouble but our dog is almost always just Leia.

I don't have any pets at home right now. My two dogs Sophie and Summer both died fall/winter of last year. Sophie was usually called Soph, Soph Bear by my sister or ma'am if she was in trouble lol Summer was my grandma's dog and we took her in when she could no longer care for her. My grandma always called her Bubbie so we called her that too. She also responded to Bub, Bubs or Bubster.

In the future, I want a dog named Dr. Pepper, PhD after seeing a rabbit at the mall with a similar name. She would be called Dr. Pepper for short.

We always have adopted adult dogs and kept their names, with one exception. Our last lab was called Beauty…..we transitioned it to Belle. For a few weeks we called her BeautyBelle.

There are fantastic names listed here!

I'd rather not post them (because I don't actually remember if I used one as a security question) but I will say both cats have middle names, and it's because when they were kittens, an older relative kept getting one's name wrong - so we just added it as a middle... Then of course the other one needed to have a middle name too, just to be fair. 😆

They have human-sounding names, with the typical nicknames for those used most, and are also often referred to as "the furry princesses".

I can share the fish's names, as I know I haven't used those -
Ella Fishgerald and Aretha Frankfin.

I adopted a brother and sister bonded pair. My vet think they are part Russian blues so we have Princess Natasha (because she is a princess 😹) and Boris aka monkey because he is a climber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter