What kind of cheese would you serve with pasta salad?

Where I'm from, I've only seen pasta salad served as a side dish. Same for restaurants--I've never seen a pasta salad on the menu as anything but a side. So that's why I thought it was off to see it as a main dish.

Most pasta salads I've had have an oil and vinegar dressing and have pasta (carb) with chunks of cheese and other add-ins. Serving more carbs (bread) and cheese wouldn't have been the obvious addition to the meal in my book. I would have maybe paired a fruit salad and a hearty soup. That said, I would gladly bring whatever the host asked and not tell them my opinion!
I've never seen pasta salad served as an entree either, and I live in pasta central. Regardless if it's a mayo based pasta salad, or vinegar/oil with meat/cheese/veggie add-ins.

Pasta salad is my "go to" light summer meal-I add chunks of leftover chick breast or cubed ham or -really special Fresh boiled shrimp (I live in a seafood area)

A pasta salad with a protein on it is a common summer meal. Love it with either shrimp or grilled chicken in it.

I'd do a really sharp aged cheddar with some crackers and green grapes. With an olive oil bread I'd go soft and creamy. You can get a garlic and herb boursin or you can do an olive tapenade or even hummus.

I'm wondering about how the host got the cheap item of pasta salad and the OP got the expensive item of cheese.

I'm wondering about how the host got the cheap item of pasta salad and the OP got the expensive item of cheese.

And do they take the leftover dish home with them or is it a gift to the host?

And, when did the invitations to this little party get mailed?

And, do we butter the whole piece of bread at once or in little bite size pieces?

And, should any kids be invited to this party or is it adults only?

And, should everyone write a thank you card to the host for the great party?

And, is anyone under the age of 12 allowed to use the restroom at this party without supervision?

And, should the host even have this party if they haven't fully funded their retirement and education funds?

And, is this party in the US and will guns be allowed?

Sorry, @FigmentFinder I couldn't resist having some fun. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter