What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

No reason not to take Fl off list. State Positivity rate is now about 4.6 percent, certainly below 5%..Hope for you! ::yes::
I hope it comes off too, but I don’t think that positivity rate is the one the truth state area is looking at as their criteria.

I hope it comes off too, but I don’t think that positivity rate is the one the truth state area is looking at as their criteria.

I'm fairly certain that the positivity rate the tri-state area looks at currently says 11.4%. Florida's per 100,000 is also still at around 13, so we're still looking at another couple of weeks (at least) before they come off the list.

Oh goody - another PA person!! I'm so grateful for this thread because I've googled every variation I can think of to figure out when PA re-evaluates their hot spot list - and how often - and what numbers they use - and I can't.

I'm seeing FL being removed from other state's lists, I think we are in cahoots with NY and CT so I think we follow suite? Do you have any idea of when Wolf looks at that stuff?
Not a clue how often, but the travel page says - Page last updated: 9/18/2020. We are most likely driving (15 hours yay!) due to arrive Oct 17.

The numbers NY is using seem to align with this site, wherever this source is from: http://rochester.nydatabases.com/da...fhOkicIL-OxB9nSNG52zKK7raQ_DR0w7JEnZtehsE_QkU

The site updates every Tuesday so I have been checking it weekly. I noticed yesterday that FL had gotten down to 11.6% after the 9/1 data dump that occurred, but has since been slowly creeping back up and is showing 13.11% as of yesterday. Anyone know if there was another data dump or are numbers creeping back up for a particular reason? Are cases truly increasing or has the number of tests administered increased, thus causing a proportionate up-tick?

Our trip is exactly one month from today. I had hope FL would be removed from the list before then (or that the "list" would be removed all together), but I'm losing that hope week by week!

We're 4 weeks away as of today, a few weeks ago I was a little hopefully Florida would come off the list by mid Oct., (we're from NY), I'm with you, I'm losing hope as well! Oh well, I just can't wait to get away at this point, my DH, son and myself have all worked through the pandemic, and would really like a break!

As of today Florida moved to phase 3 opening. Check out this update. https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
Florida hasn’t had any travel restrictions in place for those coming from NY for a while. The restriction is those of us who live in NY that travel to FL will have to quarantine upon returning home to NY. FL is on our quarantine list based on daily case statistics and I fear that the phase 3 reopening will now cause an uptick and make it even less likely they will be removed from NY’s quarantine list. Ugh.

Is anybody else trying to compute numbers to see what the charts will say tomorrow?? I'm also waiting for Florida to come off NY's list.

Is anybody else trying to compute numbers to see what the charts will say tomorrow?? I'm also waiting for Florida to come off NY's list.

I look everyday. Tomorrow is our last Tuesday so it’s our last chance for it to come off. We live in Ct and are supposed to check in on 10/5.

The numbers are extremely low across the board today. Both new cases and deaths. Maybe something to do with Yom Kippur?

Florida hasn’t had any travel restrictions in place for those coming from NY for a while. The restriction is those of us who live in NY that travel to FL will have to quarantine upon returning home to NY. FL is on our quarantine list based on daily case statistics and I fear that the phase 3 reopening will now cause an uptick and make it even less likely they will be removed from NY’s quarantine list. Ugh.
This is my concern as well. I cancelled a last minute trip a few weeks ago. Rescheduled it for early Jan. I'm in Mass, we can't even travel to RI!!! I'm not concerned about the flight, I'm not concerned about where we're staying...in an off-site condo where we've stayed many times, and I'm not overly concerned about being in the parks. But...if I have to jump through hoops when I get back to Mass, I may just put the trip off yet again. I have no issue taking precautions, and I know that Disney is doing a good job. But now that FL is at Phase 3? I don't trust all those people to do the right thing...that means going nowhere other than my condo and the parks...if that.

I expect Virginia to come off the list tomorrow. NY reported more cases today than Florida; but I expect Fl to bump back up.

If FL (or any other state) comes off NY's quarantine list, you travel there, and then the state is subsequently added back to the quarantine list while you're there - are you expected to quarantine upon return home?

DH's company ran into this with an employee and they somehow found out/determined that he was exempt from quarantining because it wasn't required prior to his arrival in that state. On one hand, I can see where that makes sense because it wouldn't be fair to force people to quarantine if they traveled when the requirement was not in place. Many/most people may opt to not travel if they knew they had to quarantine after. But on the other hand, if the point is to limit exposure, these people are still exposed having been in the state so I'm not sure how the exemption is justified from that perspective. I've also read the health form that's required to be completed upon arrival at the airport and it simply asks if you've been in a state on the list within the last 14 days - the answer to that would be yes, no matter when you arrived in that state.

I'm curious because FL is at 10.55% today. If they can continue to trend down over the next 1-2 weeks, its still possible they could be removed from the list. But, they'd be bordering that 10% magic number making it a possibility they could be added back at any point.

If FL (or any other state) comes off NY's quarantine list, you travel there, and then the state is subsequently added back to the quarantine list while you're there - are you expected to quarantine upon return home?

DH's company ran into this with an employee and they somehow found out/determined that he was exempt from quarantining because it wasn't required prior to his arrival in that state. On one hand, I can see where that makes sense because it wouldn't be fair to force people to quarantine if they traveled when the requirement was not in place. Many/most people may opt to not travel if they knew they had to quarantine after. But on the other hand, if the point is to limit exposure, these people are still exposed having been in the state so I'm not sure how the exemption is justified from that perspective. I've also read the health form that's required to be completed upon arrival at the airport and it simply asks if you've been in a state on the list within the last 14 days - the answer to that would be yes, no matter when you arrived in that state.

I'm curious because FL is at 10.55% today. If they can continue to trend down over the next 1-2 weeks, its still possible they could be removed from the list. But, they'd be bordering that 10% magic number making it a possibility they could be added back at any point.

I don't know about NY, but that is the rule in CT. If you travel to an "unaffected" state that then becomes an "affected" state while you are visiting, you are not required to quarantine when you return. I am watching it VERY carefully because I'm seriously thinking of booking a weekend trip as soon (fingers crossed) as FL drops off CT's list when they update it every Tuesday.

So disappointed that Florida missed the cut yesterday, but it had to be very close. We will hope for next week!

DH's company ran into this with an employee and they somehow found out/determined that he was exempt from quarantining because it wasn't required prior to his arrival in that state. On one hand, I can see where that makes sense because it wouldn't be fair to force people to quarantine if they traveled when the requirement was not in place. Many/most people may opt to not travel if they knew they had to quarantine after. But on the other hand, if the point is to limit exposure, these people are still exposed having been in the state so I'm not sure how the exemption is justified from that perspective.
I think this relaxation of the rule makes sense. It's similar to the fact that NY announced that New Jersey is exempt from the quarantine list no matter how bad its numbers might get. In effect, the governor recognizes that to close the exchange of people between NY and NJ is simply unrealistic. I suppose it is possible that NY might reconsider this should NJ's numbers get far worse than we can imagine, but as of now that's my understanding. Now, that's not So, similarly, I think NY recognizes that it is too much of an imposition to ask residents to risk quarantine any time they travel to a state not on the list if there is no guarantee that state(s) they visit won't be put on the list while they are away. In both cases, it's an exemption not based on science or uniform standards, but still rooted in reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter