What level of education do your parents have?

My dad dropped out of school in 9th grade after watching his best friend drown. He was overwhelmed with guilt because he was unable to save him. Dad did get his GED with the highest score ever recorded at the time - he got ONE question wrong and knew he had it wrong after he submitted the test. He then went to trade school to become a master electrician. It was a formality for his job.

My mom graduated High School even though they tried to force her out. She was expecting me but she was married and a straight A student so they let her graduate. She wanted to go to college and become a teacher but my grandmother would not have allowed it. It's a shame because my mom would have been a great teacher.

My parents both had unfulfilled dreams of college so my siblings and I had to get a higher education. I am the black sheep with just 2 associate degrees in psychology and criminal justice. One brother has a masters in geographical engineering and was a Lt. Colonel in the army. Brother 2 has a masters in Chemistry. My baby brother has a Doctorate in Biochemical physics or something like that. I would swear I was mixed up in the hospital except I look just like my mom and my aunt.

I don't think either graduated HS. My mom had less time there than my dad. Despite that, they both worked hard and earned a good living to provide for our family. Of course they had struggles but we always had a roof over our heads and food on the table.

Both were high school graduates and that's all. My mother, in particular, was insanely smart. But, it was a different era when she graduated high school in 1954. She got married December 1954, and quickly had 8 children (in 10.5 years).

I have my JD (law degree). Pretty proud of that given my humble beginnings. But, my mother ALWAYS impressed on me the value of having a good education. Pretty sure she was not interested in having me follow in her path, but wanted me to forge my own.

Dad graduated from high school at 17 and joined the navy the next day-WWII
Mom dropped out her junior year so she could marry my dad before he shipped out. My mom always felt bad that she didn’t graduate but was so well read and so up on current events that I always thought she one of the smartest people I knee

My dad went to school through second grade. But, then refused to go. If they dropped him off, he would turn around and walk home. His mom taught him at home while he worked the farm. He passed some sort of seventh grade equivalency test.

My mother finished high school.

My dad went to school through second grade. But, then refused to go. If they dropped him off, he would turn around and walk home. His mom taught him at home while he worked the farm. He passed some sort of seventh grade equivalency test.

My mother finished high school.
My dad made it to grade 4 my mom told me. I think he just worked on family farm until he moved and worked in a factory . He did manage to go to some kind of night school later on and learned how to fix tv’s. At one time he owned 3 stores selling tv, stereos and appliances. So he did well surprisingly.

My mom graded from a one room school house . Finished grade 8 . Lived in the country on a farm until she moved to the city and met my dad .

They had 6 kids, none of us went to college , 3 didn’t graduate high school but we all managed to work , and support our own families.

Some might depend on how old your parents are/would have been now. My parents’ generation only had a 5% college graduation rate. Only one of their combined siblings went to college, and all others were high school graduates. My generation was the time of 15% college graduation rates. But all of my generation did go to college, some with advanced degrees too. Now the college graduation rate is reportedly 35%, so a seven-fold increase since my parents’ time.

My mom was born in 1920, came to this country by herself when she was 16, with an 8th grade education. She attended a business college then worked as a secretary and upstairs maid. Eventually in her 50's she got a GED, real estate license, and sold real estate until she was 80.

My dad, born in 1921, graduated from HS but both his parents had died by then. Had a hard time during the depression but was in the army during WWII and went to college after on the GI bill. Bachelors degree, became an accountant.

My parents heavily stressed education to all 6 of us kids, although they didn't pay for college, we all went.

Neither of my parents graduated from high school. My dad started working at age 17 and supported his entire family (11 people) during the Depression.

I went to community college and my late husband went to college, but did not graduate.

Our son has two Bachelor’s Degrees and a Masters Degree.

My dad has a bachelors degree and mom has an associates. They both got their degrees when I was about 10/12 yrs old.

DH and I both have bachelor degrees. DD has a bachelors and is working on her masters.

I want to say my dad dropped out of high school and my mom got her high school degree but not sure of either

It’s funny. Both my parents are 1 of 5. The only one, as far as I know, that didn’t finish college is the one with 9 zeros in the bank and who donates cancer wings and huge bits of land for restoration, etc. Weird, huh?

It’s funny. Both my parents are 1 of 5. The only one, as far as I know, that didn’t finish college is the one with 9 zeros in the bank and who donates cancer wings and huge bits of land for restoration, etc. Weird, huh?
Education does not always equal a good job or wealth. And if you look at it a lot of people go to school and then end up doing NOTHING with the degree.

my mom graduated from college with a teaching degree

and my dad got a PHD in psychology my dad actually got his degree after taking early retirement

he always wanted this degree and finally got the chance to do it

In the West Indies, there's a saying that always makes me laugh: "Book smart but trips when walking up the road". Variations abound but they all mean the same thing:). However this didn't change the constant drumbeat of "Go-to-school, go-to-school, LOL.

My mom has a Bachelor's in education (she must have finished that when I was about 9 or 10) and my dad also has a Bachelor's in education and then many years later went back to get his MBA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter