What looks like mincemeat but.....

mssocks

DIS Veteran
doesn't taste like it? I am in a play in February where I have to eat tons of mincemeat for nine shows. I HATE cooked raisins. Piratesmate and I have been looking for ideas to substitute so the audience can't tell.....
We have:

Crumbled cake covered in Hershey Syrup
Chopped up Pecan Pie filling
Chex mix and chopped apples covered in Hershey Syrup

Any other thoughts?

I used to make green tomato mincemeat. The recipe called for raisins, but you could leave them out. I don't can any more, so the recipe has been lost, but maybe you could find something similar online?

I've been thinking about this again. I think even REAL mincemeat will look like a black lump of sludge from the audience. That should give you a little more leeway to play with the ingredients. If you want to have it appear textured from the audience, how about gingersnaps instead of chex mix. I think that might taste pretty good, too! (Snaps, apples & some chocolate - mmmmm)

How about date nut filling (betty crocker), or chocolate pudding cake with the cake and pudding mixed up after baking so it looked mushy?

Well they both sound good! Makes me look forward to those scenes,
I wonder if I should "practice" eating it awhile! Thanks

Oh I see this could be a fattening production. Good luck with it though. If you need any taste testers, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter