What makes you feel old?

My dd just bought some scrunchies! She is 19 and my baby. She asked me, "Mom, did you wear scrunchies?" Why yes, yes I did. I am 46 and I feel old daily. My gray hair that I try to hide, my aching back when I lay too long in bed, my forgetful mind....all indicators I am old! The only good thing is i am chubby too and that pulls the wrinkles out of my face so my face at least looks young LOL!!!!!!!!!!

My kids will be 36 and 39 in 2018!! Now writing that REALLY makes me feel old because while I do feel old sometimes with the aches and pains, I don't feel I should be old enough to have kids that old!!

My kids will be 36 and 39 in 2018!! Now writing that REALLY makes me feel old because while I do feel old sometimes with the aches and pains, I don't feel I should be old enough to have kids that old!!

My mom and dad told me I had to stop at 31...I fall between your kids, and I wish I could have stopped at 31.

You know those signs in restaurants, usually at the bar area, that say, “You must be born on or before this date in 19xx to be purchase alcohol”? (This year is 1996.)

Yep. Those always make me feel really old....

Oh, those are bad.

I have insanely thick, coarse hair, not just the amount of hair, the hair itself is thick combined with an extremely tender scalp. Getting even coated rubber bands in my hair was almost impossible, getting them out usually ended in tears and a pair of scissors. Scrunchies were a life (hair) saver for me. I hung onto mine well past their “in” phase and only gave them up when I cut my hair. I was surprised to see rows of them in the hair isle at Target. Came thisclose to buying some for older DD who has the same hair I do.

I have the same - my hair is SO thick, that it breaks regular binders frequently. I might just have to get scrunchies again and not feel so self conscious having it on my wrist ;)

Another thing - I work for a big corporation and every June the interns start. And they look like babies. They take over the cafeteria and elevators and I feel SO ancient trying to maneuver by these babies wearing their dad's suits..

Realizing I am older than my parents and in-laws were when DH & I met.
And my DD turned 20 this year; she is only 4 years younger than I was when I got married.

Oh, and AARP sent me a membership card this year. (I turned 50 in May)

I'm only 24 but my boyfriend on Christmas eve was talking about how slow my mom's internet was being and I answered "At least its not dial-up" and my 11 year old brother asked what dial up was.

I remember instant messenger and AOL.

I remember the original pokemon before Disney bought the rights to play it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter