What movies to watch before visiting SWGE?

Well, and if you want to get really crazy, there are a few different updated versions out there. Even the prequels received some minor updates on DVD and Blu-Ray. It can be complicated.

Ain't that the truth! For Episodes IV thru VI, I go with original untouched release, and last updated release (the box set?). For the prequels, since they are updated for DVD and Blue-Ray, I just go with the last version.

I'd watch them all, but if you aren't a Star Wars fan, at least watch the most recent movies (VII, VIII, and IX, which will be out in December, Solo maybe for the Millennium Falcon ride). Disney pays homage to the whole series, but their focus in SWGE is really more with the newer ones.

Had some time last night and finally watched Solo in Netflix. It had some plot devices that were a real stretch but overall I liked it - really don't understand the hate. I'd put it above episodes 1, 2, 3 and 8, and on par with ROTR.

Had some time last night and finally watched Solo in Netflix. It had some plot devices that were a real stretch but overall I liked it - really don't understand the hate. I'd put it above episodes 1, 2, 3 and 8, and on par with ROTR.

Solo is good and a lot of the hate is from people who didn't even see it and/or hated TLJ. It's a fun, solid film. Disney, imo, really botched the release date and I think that hurt it, also. Too soon after TLJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter