What psychology of mk do you know about?

Like you, I am totally fascinated by these things. The man was a genius, and that is all there was to it. To me, a LARGE part of the whole magic thing at Disney is the actual business of it. I just love how the man thought things out, how he separated people from their money and made people smile about it.

Go here and look at #3.

http://elementaltruths.blogspot.com/2006/12/secret-disney-mind-control-or.html

You will find out my thousands will wait an hour in the 100 degree heat to ride Haunted Mansion.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE DW and all the nerdy stuff that goes with it. I am sold. But it's the thinking, the marketing, the BUSINESS of it all that fascinates me most.

Disney was just an amazing mind.:worship:

I just finished reading "Be Our Guest" for my own business. It's Disney's official business book. It is a great read and gives the inside scoop on a lot.

RyMacJ said:
Wow, I just read this whole thread and loved it! Thanks to whoever bumped it up, because I had no idea it even existed.

I really want to try and find that phone with the turn of the century mother and daughter talking on my trip in May. Anybody know if it is still there?

The phone is still there!!! I just played with it recently!!! It's located in the Hat shop on Main Street if you walk in the doors closest to Tony's Restaurant, it's on your right hand side as soon as you walk into the room (across form the check out counter)

It's not in MK but in Epcot London area then London phone both really work.
Is there a reason they leave them working? .

I know the number are floating around here some were..

I allowed my daughter to call the phonebooth recently as she has nagged me for ages to do it. A lady answered and they had a chat. My DD asked her where she was as I don't think she believed it was the Epcot phone. She lady replied "Epcot , where are you?" and my DD said "Scotland". She thought it was funny when the lady said "In Epcot or real life?" She wished her a happy holiday and they hung up. God know how much it cost me but she loved it!

It's not in MK but in Epcot London area then London phone both really work.
Is there a reason they leave them working? .

I know the number are floating around here some were..

1 407-827-9861
1 407-827-9862
1 407-827-9863

It's funny, until I read this thread I forgot about this, so I called the numbers and I got an 8 year old girl named lindsey from Waco, TX on the phone. We talked for a few minutes. I asked her where they were staying, she said Orlando .. LOL ... I asked if she had been to MK yet and she said that her family has been to all the parks and today they are in Epcot, I asked if it was crowded and she said "no maybe only a 1000 people?" LOL .... I asked her when they were leaving and she said in two days because they have to drive a million miles to get back home. I asked her favorite part so far and she said they had Dinner at Beasts castle and she saw Beast. I asked her if she got to see Belle and she said yes today in Epcot I got to meet her.

She was there with her Father, Brother and older sister!

:thumbsup2

Has anyone heard about the dragon in the New FL?

Not sure of the story behind him or if he has been spotted lately?

Not sure if this has been mentioned...but according to the book Mouse Tales, the pillars and posts on Main Street were made thinner than normal to provide a comforting, reassuring vibe. Bigger sizes were avoided since they tend to yell authority, strength, etc.

Lorilais_mommie said:
Has anyone heard about the dragon in the New FL?

Not sure of the story behind him or if he has been spotted lately?

Sadly the dragon was a one time thing when new FL first opened. He won't be back :(

Disney point with either 2 fingers or a full hand. One finger is considered rude in certain cultures and if accidentally pointed at a person could be considered offensive.

The Disney scoop. CM's are trained to pick up trash while on the move so they don't cause congestion and so that someone doesn't see their backsides sticking up in the air.

Cosmic Rays is the #1 quick service restaurant in the world. Putting out more food in a day than any McDonalds.

My favorite is that Cinderellas Castle is 189 feet tall on purpose. Law requires that any structure 190 feet or taller has a light on the top for air traffic.

I do not think this was mentioned yet - the Casey's Corner umbrellas are red and white. Not only is that to match the baseball theme of the shop, but it's also a visual cue for first aid! In line with Casey's, the MK tip board is designed as a baseball score board. The one at Epcot is the giant TV for the future and DHS is a chalkboard, like a movie slate (clapboard).

Where is the MK tip board located? Always wished they had one of those.

Just read throught the entire thread. Love it!:thumbsup2

I find this very interesting. We were there the week before Thanksgiving and they were playing Christmas music. :santa: It is all good and I loved the MVMCP to! We all had a wonderful and magical time. :goodvibes But DD15 and I kept saying there was something feeling not so Disney about the entire visit. :confused3 Even thought the Christmas music was not always obvious, we thought it sort of threw our whole Disney vibe off a little. :scratchin After reading these links I think our instinct was correct.

This really bothers me too. I really want to hear the background music that is usually played throughout the year. It's the one thing about the Christmas season that I don't like at WDW. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Disney point with either 2 fingers or a full hand. One finger is considered rude in certain cultures and if accidentally pointed at a person could be considered offensive.

The Disney scoop. CM's are trained to pick up trash while on the move so they don't cause congestion and so that someone doesn't see their backsides sticking up in the air.

Cosmic Rays is the #1 quick service restaurant in the world. Putting out more food in a day than any McDonalds.

My favorite is that Cinderellas Castle is 189 feet tall on purpose. Law requires that any structure 190 feet or taller has a light on the top for air traffic.

I think you're thinking of the Tower of Terror. It is 199 feet tall because the limit is 200 feet.

I think you're thinking of the Tower of Terror. It is 199 feet tall because the limit is 200 feet.

You're both right. Cinderella's Castle is 189 ft and Tower of Terror is 199. It's possible that the height restrictions changed as flight equipment got better.

Other interesting tidbits:

• In the Living Seas, they feed the fish restaurant quality food and feed the larger fish first so they don't eat the smaller fish in the tank.
  • The wigs/hair on all of the human animatronics is made from human hair. This is true also for the pirate whose leg is dangling over the bridge on POTC.
  • At Wilderness Lodge, they play crickets over speakers at the bus stop to make it feel like the wilderness.
  • They grease the Eiffel Tower at Epcot to keep birds from landing on it. If they did, they would look look like King Kong (tour guides words) because of the forced perspective.
  • In Morrocco, the king (I think) was so excited to have his country represented that he sent over his own craftsmen to do the tile work. The craftsman purposefully put flaw into the work because their religion says that only Allah makes no mistakes.
  • People have a tendency to follow the parades, so they have the parade go back to front in the morning to help empty the parks front to back to keep people in the parks.
  • There are microchips embedded in the pavement along the parade route to keep the music from becoming out of sync with the floats that are nearby (in case there's a holdup somewhere along the line or they need to speed up or slow down the parade)
  • WDW is the largest single site employer in the country with 66,000 employees and the largest working wardrobe in the world with 2.5 million pieces.

ninjagirl said:
You're both right. Cinderella's Castle is 189 ft and Tower of Terror is 199. It's possible that the height restrictions changed as flight equipment got better.

Thank you. :)

When I was at DW on our honeymoon, we took the boat from POR to Downtown Disney several times. At first I didn't even realize it but when you are on the boat, the music in the background fits according to the area. So when we were near POR and POFQ they had twangy, New Orleans, bayou sounding music that seamlessly transitioned into modern pop music when you entered Downtown Disney. It's such a smooth change, you don't even realize when it happens. Really puts you in the mood!

Do they do this on the other boats? I didn't even think to notice when we were on the "Friendships"

This made me think of the busses. I hadn't really noticed until our last trip. We stayed at POR. On the way to a park we would hear park-specific music. On the way back, POR music. Coming back very late from MVMCP I was impressed that the bus was just playing cricket chirps softly in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter