What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

Can't imagine I would "refuse" to stay at any of the Disney resorts. If the only available resort was "xxxx resort" and it was my least favorite, I'm all in. Though I definitely have my favorites, none of my trips have ever been make or break based on resort stays.

Your list is the same as mine except I'd add Animation, and Caribbean beach.

Haven't tried Animation yet so I'll reserve judgement if I ever break down and do stay there. I'll also agree with Caribbean Beach.

If I didn't have to pay for it, I'd stay at any resort. I'd even camp if if I had a nice tent or RV!

If I had to foot the bill, the bottom of my list would be CBR while all the construction is going on, Saratoga Springs, and OKW just because they don't feel 'Disney' to me. I'd be okay with a Value because I'd be saving money to splurge elsewhere (unless it was a suite, the size isn't needed).

I'd rather avoid the resorts that allow non-service dogs, which is a shame because I loved Alligator Bayou in POR.

To me, "refuse" would mean if I was given the room for free, I still wouldn't stay. Using that criteria, I wouldn't refuse any Disney resort. But, since we have to pay, I will not stay in a value. Instead, I'll take that money and stay somewhere nice offsite and rent a car.

Lets face it I wouldn't Refuse to stay at any Disney resort but there are some that I wouldn't stay at unless I absolutely had to. I hated POP. I had a flight cancelled while I was at Disney Springs and first thing I did when I got back to the hotel to was go to the front desk and told them to get me out of that hotel. It was to loud and crazy for me. I got a room at POFQ and when I walked in I asked myself "why didn't I pay the extra money from the start". Moderate or Deluxe hotels for me from now on.

Theres really no place that I wouldn't stay at.... each resort has their own personality ... never had a bad experience at any of them over 55 trips to WDW

I don't refuse to stay at any Disney resort. However, I don't wanna do the same resort twice. I want to do a different resort everytime I go.

So that puts ASMu and CBR in my 'no go' list. (I wasn't an actual guest at ASMo when I spent one night there so... :confused3)

For the number of people on here who say they would never stay at FW, I can't figure out why reservations are next to impossible to get!

I don't think I would refuse any resort - IF somebody else pays :))) (though tent on the camp grounds would not work for sure, but they are not RESORT really).
It's actually the definition of resort. There are a lot of people who camp at FW who never even step foot in the park since it's such a destination campground.

It would take a lot to get me back to a value. I've been there, done that, don't really feel the need to go back. The theming doesn't really work for me and they feel a little too Motel 6ish with too high of a price point for their feel.

DH doesn't really want to ever go back to a Mod either. We liked our stay at POFQ, but the dining, inside hallway and transportation options of the deluxes are more our style.

Of the deluxes, there aren't really any I would turn down. GF is a tad too fancy for us and the CR just feels like it lacks some theming; but I wouldn't really turn down a trip to either.

why? I'm curious as I've only ever stayed at DVC...what am i missing!
I find the DVC side of things aren't kept up as well as the cash paying side of the resorts. Just something I have noticed over the years and it bugs me as you spent/spend a lot of money on the DVC points etc. and things should be better taken care of.

I refuse to stay in the little mermaid rooms. I refuse to pay so much more for a glorified pop century room.

None that I can think of. Have been to a couple of value resorts - no complaints and are next trying a moderate. Have stayed off property several times but the car hire, journeys to the parks, parking fees and time etc. have persuaded us to stay in WDW nowadays and not even bother with a car.

Caribbean Beach... If it was the only place with availability I would stay off property or move my vacation dates so I could stay somewhere else. I would camp before I would stay there again.

This sentiment is due to a not so great stay a few years ago. The place just isn’t my cup of tea.

All stars. I like values but hate all the huge groups that go there. Ugggg.

Had much better luck at PoP avoiding those crazy big and disruptive groups

If it was free I just could not stay at any of the value resorts. A Disney trip to us is so much more than the parks and we do spend a lot of time at the resorts. We are not the kind of vacationers that just use a room to shower and sleep in so for that reason alone we always stay at a Deluxe resort. We have stayed at Riverside back when it was Dixie Landings and enjoyed it but don't like riding buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter