What restaurant (sit-down) have you frequented the most in your life?

We go to Gyukaku anytime we are in a city that has one. When my husband and I were first dating, he took me to Burger and Lobster almost every week for a few months.

I don't know whether to totally feel sorry for you or compliment you on your intestinal fortitude.

e
To be honest I can probably count on one hand how many times we go to a sit down restaurant in a year and we don’t do fast food either cause I have to cook a full dinner every night and unfortunately where we live it’s all chain restaurants. So we probably only go once or twice a year. I love seafood and it’s pretty much the only place around here to go to. I’m just happy not cooking or washing dishes. Been married and cooking for almost 38 years and have never had a dish washer. Ugh.

Kind of funny really. A thread about signs in a Mcdonalds gets started and there is opinions and examples of who has a sign, who doesn't have a sign and so on. Asked about chain restaurant choices and suddenly nobody eats at chain restaurants, especially, heaven forbid, a fast food establishment. Color me confused.
I.C.E.

Kind of funny really. A thread about signs in a Mcdonalds gets started and there is opinions and examples of who has a sign, who doesn't have a sign and so on. Asked about chain restaurant choices and suddenly nobody eats at chain restaurants, especially, heaven forbid, a fast food establishment. Color me confused.
I.C.E.

I was thinking the same thing :-) Disboards one-up-man-ship at it's best.

I.C.E.
Come on. You've been around long enough to know that's exactly how it would go.

Goodness a hard question honestly. We don’t eat out as much as we used to. But the one place I have been to the most, I went the first time when I was a baby and we were here visiting family. And it’s sort of been the go to family celebration place for most my life so graduation dinners, birthday dinners, rehearsal dinners etc have been there. It’s locally owned, Mack’s Seafood. It’s on a river so in a beautiful spot and the have the best catfish, shrimp and oysters around.

Second would be another local owned, Crecent City. Owned by a local chef who has several restaurants in the area. New Orleans style food.

Other than that it’s pretty much chains. Logan’s, Outback and Chili’s.

(And we do eat fast food too lol)

Friendly's. I grew up where the chain was started. There were at least 5 in town, 3 of them technically on the same street. It was the go-to place after games, dances, school plays, etc. It was THE place to be on Friday night.

Most Friendly's are terrible now, but the one in my hometown that is still open is good. I take my nephews there when I visit.

600_471134184.jpeg

Border Cafe/Jose Tejas (Few locations in NJ & Delaware)

Love this restaurant, have a couple here in MA

Red Robin. In my 20's I went there often with friends - both the restaurant and the bar, in my 30s/40s we took our kids. I've just happened to live near one my whole adult life. Now they've opened one in my home town near my parent's assisted living.

DH and I decided a couple years ago to start trying new restaurants in the city of Detroit every weekend. After about 100 different places, our favorites that we constantly return to are Tony Vs near Wayne State campus, and Mi Pueblo in Mexican Town in southwest Detroit. Both great food at reasonable prices and great drinks!

We used to eat at Ram's Horn almost every Friday when the kids were little because that's what my preschoolers wanted. It got old, and so did they. When they were old enough to be home for a few hours alone is when we decided to try lots of different places.

Hmm I don't know that I can say I've been to one place that much more than another to qualify as 'most frequented'

In terms of cuisine:

Breakfast--First Watch

Mexican--Mi Ranchito

Burger style place--Culvers, Fritz's Railroad Restaurant, Steak 'n Shake

Random places--Cheddar's, Chili's

BBQ--Joe's Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joe's)

Pizza--growing up it was Pizza Hut and a local place called Johnny's C's which had St. Louis style pizza with provolone but sadly it has closed down, in college it was Pizza Shuttle, nowadays Minsky's

Dessert--Perkins usually because of specials they have for pie and coffee though I prefer other places Perkins is relatively inexpensive and allows for good family time though service often sucks. Stand alone dessert places seem to struggle in my area. Nothing Bundt Cakes has done well but they are a specialized place.

Friendly's. I grew up where the chain was started. There were at least 5 in town, 3 of them technically on the same street. It was the go-to place after games, dances, school plays, etc. It was THE place to be on Friday night.

Most Friendly's are terrible now, but the one in my hometown that is still open is good. I take my nephews there when I visit.

Wilbraham? Me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter