What restaurants do you regret eating at?

This will not be a popular opinion on this board but I regret eating at Jiko. Well, I don't completely regret it because now I can say I've been there, but I was very disappointed in my dinner and I regret using 2 TS credits on it. I know my fiancé really liked his entree, though.

I regretted going to T-Rex even though DH said it was a fantastic steak simply because it took over 2 hours for our meal there. Service was just super slow. And it was SO LOUD you could barely speak to the person right next to you. I wouldn't say we will never go back.

For bad food I would say Whispering Canyon. We went after they made the skillet the only thing you could get at dinner and nobody in my family really liked it at all. It was fun to try once but we won't be going back there again.

We didn't really like the breakfast at Tusker house! I know others rave about it but the food just wasn't to our taste. I knew there would be African inspired dishes but hoped (thought) that there would be plenty of other choice too. Liked the juice there though!

Claire :)

I regret both Momma Melrose and 'Ohana breakfast

Momma Melrose - terrible service upon arrival, had to wait over an hour when there were 10+ empty tables. We had made ADR's for our F! package yet walk-ins were seated before we were (this wasn't just us but many people waiting were complaining about the same thing). The food was un-impressive, I've had much better from the italian restaurants at home, for much cheaper as well. The only reason we did this was to get the F! package without using 2 credits

'Ohana - Here I have no complains about the food or character interactions as both have been outstanding each visit. However, again, the service has been less than exceptional each time, from rude hostesses, to walk-ins being seated before ADR holders, to servers who seemed bored, or just completely ignored their tables

Both of my regrets occured in Magic Kingdom.

1. Tony's: Waitress did not speak english very well and was unfriendly, seemed like she didn't want to be there or serve us. I had steak and it was the size of a mini hamburger.

2. Crystal Palace: Food was cold and not tasty at all, characters scared my daughter into tears and they would not leave her alone, instead tried to comfort her when I told them to just leave her alone and move to next table. Only positive was the waitress who was super friendly and attentive.

Mine least favorites are:

Coral Reef
Tony's Town Square
Prime Time Cafe
O'Hana breakfast

We will definitely be returning to Kona for breakfast instead of O'Hana

Garden Grill - the character interaction was really good, but the main courses were tasteless. The salad and the dessert were okay, however.

I have several that we did not enjoy as a family the food wasn't bad just too mixed up for our liking.

Sci-Fi - DH likes Sci Fi I do not I just think it is dirty little cars in the dark an it grosses me out!

Le Chefs - the only thing we liked was the bread that came with the kids meal. It wasn't our cup of tea.

Mama Melrose - Again we came in for our ADR & flies were all over the pizza toppings, I can handle it. If I can't see it so much better for me & we didn't enjoy the food.

Tony's - DH loves it, I just did not. It wasn't bad, there are just so many other places on property I would rather eat at.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's & 1900 Park fare, the food seems too mixed up & not enough meat choices to compensate for the mixed up food.

Sunshine Seasons - Every time we eat here food is cold or over cooked. I don't get it.

Hollywood brown derby, Flying fish , liberty tree tavern and the yachtsman were all a HUGE dissapointment

Oh my goodness, there's so many I regret eating at. The two at the top of my list are Tony's Town Square and Capt Jacks in DtD. Gross, cold, smelly food and we ended up with bad wait staff to boot.

Ohana breakfast. Very slow service, limited food options that were dry/overcooked and not replenished quickly. Characters were ok but Stitch never made it even close to our table while we were there. Definitely not a breakfast worth $40+ per person. A buffet would have been better.

I don't regret trying any restaurant, but I will not return to Kouzzina (mediocre food and weirdo service) nor will I return to 1900 Park breakfast (cold, disappointing food, but excellent character interaction).

The only meal I can honestly say was truly terrible in 20 or so trips full of table service meals--China. It was inedible. Gristly chicken, horrible flavor--I couldn't even eat the egg rolls, they were so bad. We have an excellent Chinese restaurant near us and maybe it's spoiled us. We cross restaurants off our list for a few years and then give them another try, but I'll never go there again. Bistro (upstairs at France) was much better after we'd skipped in a few years but now they've changed it again, so who knows? We love Flying Fish, Jiko and Le Cellier and our son hated the last two-everyone has different tastes. We didn't care for Sanaa and again it was gristly dark meat chicken that did me in. Kouzzina isn't on our repeat list either--not enough choices.

And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)

Also, while I loooove POP's food court, I had the nastiest Mediterranean flatbread thing there. I ended up throwing it out. It was all greek olives and no chicken. Blech.

Have regretted eating at none of the ones we've dined at. Some, we probably won't return to, but glad we tried them anyway.

Have regretted eating at none of the ones we've dined at. Some, we probably won't return to, but glad we tried them anyway.

Same here. Those that qualify as "I'm glad we tried it, but don't think we will return" are:

Restaurant Marrakesh - food was not that good and service was worse
Nine Dragons - Terrible with dealing with gluten allergy. The only place the server acted like I was just being difficult.

We usually give every restaurant two tries in case it was a bad night or we chose the wrong thing so we may return to these. However, it will only be after we have tried everything else on property.

Unfortunately last year we didn't have a lot of dining luck.

Crystal palace-the food was bad, the waitress was even worse. It was 45 minutes from the time we asked for our check until we actually got it. We had to ask 2 other waitresses who couldn't find ours
Akershus- the dinner was really bad. We had done lunch the year before and it was amazing so we were pretty bummed when the dinner wasn't good. Luckily we all filled up on the appetizer buffet which was good. Great characters and service though
Tusker house- this was disappointing both our trips. We shouldn't have gone back but they had started doing lunch so we decided to give it another go. Food was really great but both years we waited 45 minutes after our reservations to be seated and our waitress wasnt great.
Whispering canyon cafe- this one we have mixed feelings on, the food was ok but it just wasnt something we were that impressed with. We had read how much fun it was and it just wasn't. It was almost empty (I think only 2 other tables) so we thought that maybe it would be more fun with more of a crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter