What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Didn't care for Brown Derby. My sister and I both ordered the Cobb salad. The lettuce was so finely shredded that the salad was totally mushy. It was really gross. Maybe there are other things there that would be fine but I haven't been inclined to go back there yet.

For my husband and I, the worst meal was Yachtman Steakhouse on our honeymoon.

It was our only signature ADR, and we were on the DDP, so I was really excited. Seating was fine, service was fine, but the food was very lack luster. The cheese plate was good, but the charcuterie board was terrible. (And what made hubs sick.) The Truffle Mac and Cheese that everyone raves about had no cheese taste at all (and hubby and I love cheese), and was drenched in the oil. Hubby didn't like his pork dish, and my fillet was okay but not the best I had at WDW. Hubs liked the banana napoleon desert, but the sorbet trio was only eh.

We were disappointed but not upset... until 2:30 in the morning when hubs was having the most expensive bathroom visit ever. He didn't want to get out of bed until 11 am that next day, throwing the entire day of ADRs and plans out the window. He ended up rescheduling the stuff I wanted to do though.

When we were there last month, we had lunch at CS Pepper Market and it was unedible. It was 1:30 and there was only one other family in the restaurant. It was so good the year before so we were disappointed. The other place was Chef Mickey's. Seriously, Golden Corral is much better. I know they have hundreds of people eating there everynight and it's hard serving the masses but the food is just not good. Wait staff is terrific though.

Another vote for Brown Derby.

It wasn't bad...in fact, everything was good. But at those prices, it should have been GREAT. It was our first signature, and I was disappointed.

For me it was Teppan Edo. I love hibachi and was so excited to eat here. I did everything right and contacted special diets a month in advance. (I have several severe allergies.) A chef contacted me and I thought everything was going to be fine. Nope! They didn't have a single appetizer or desert I could eat. Bit of a waste with the DxDP. Plus, the white rice has all kinds of stuff in it besides water and rice including an ingredient that I have an anaphylactic allergy to. I wouldn't have known about the rice if the manager hadn't brought out the ingredient binder to let me check the meat marinade and I happened to glance at the rest of the sheet. A disappointing meal could have been a trip to the emergency room meal. I won't go back there.

My only regret is that I didn't research meals better the first trip! While there are a few I probably won't be going back to, I never had a terrible meal or awful service in my 11 trips!

Sad to say, after numerous great visits there, we've put Coral Reef on the "don't need to eat at" list. Mama Melrose, while good, would also be on the list if it weren't for Fantasmic!.

Kouzzina (?sp) at the BW, (food and wait staff were awful) and Moma Melrose at DHS, wait time for table was 90 minutes past ADR time, food was awful, wait staff were OK.

1900 Park Fare:
Too many tables in a small area, tries to look fancy and classy but comes off cheap and shabby. Food was poor (breakfast), cold and dry. Mat Hatter and Marry Poppins were it's minimal saving graces.

I think if this thread runs long enough, most restaurants will eventually be added to the list. Every restaurant is not for everybody, so everybody will have a problem with almost every one. I know there are restaurants named so far that we love, and I know that there are restaurants that we don't particularly care for, that people love. It is a very personal thing. Just because somebody had a bad experience at a restaurant, does not mean that you won't like it or even fall in love with it.

We've only been to WDW twice (way back in 2002 and 2005) I feel that I am not picky AT ALL....

But sadly, Tony's at MK was nasty. I would rather open up a can of Chef Boyardee than eat there. :sad2:

H&V is easily in first. The food was horrible multiple visits in a row. The staff was rude and the place was filthy.

Coral Reef didn't live up to expectations either. Service was mediocre. Food was barely serviceable.

I've only gotten one meal I didn't care for at WDW, at the Pop Century food court. But I had other meals there that were good.

I didn't care for the rowdy atmosphere at Cosmic Ray's, especially at the fixings bar. They should put up some kind of railing around it so that everybody has to go in one end, move in the same direction, and come out on the other end in a relatively orderly fashion. But the food was good.

November 2012-
CRT. The food was horrible, and the service less than mediocre. To top it off, my husband found hair in his dessert. We told the waitress and she didn't seem to care. We also told the staff on the way out. They didn't seem to care either. The princesses hardly had time for us. The photograph with Cinderella was extremely rushed. We weren't even all posed before they snapped it. The photo CMs also tried to refuse our photopass +. Next time we will stick to Akershus. That was a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter