What services should you have to pay for?

And as someone else said earlier wonder if he informed his insurance he had no fire dept service? I would think that has to raise your premium substantially. I know ours they even want to know how far away the fire hydrant is let alone whether you have someone who could come and use it!

I abhor that he took a gamble and lost and instead of dealing with it he ran to the press.

His insurance company isn't going to care one way or another because if he said he had coverage and didn't, they won't have to pay the claim. There is also a national reporting service for fire protection codes that insurance companies use to set rates so they just plug in an address and it will show that he doesn't live in an area with service and would be charged more for that. I AM surprised that the mortgage company didn't make this part of his annual escrow payments though.

The fire department could have billed him the $75. They could have put a lien against his house for the $75. From what I understand, he had paid the fee for the past XX number of years and this year forgot.

It's sad and should have never happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter