What small thing makes you happy

80s songs aren't old. That's when I was a teenager. Heh heh...old. Heh- *feels even more white hairs sprouting on head* OMG, 80s songs are considered oldies now.

Anyway, I also love hearing an old song. When I hear 'Crazy For You' by Madonna, there I am with my big hair and big poufy dress at my prom with my old boyfriend Joe. He's wearing a tux with a cummerbund that matches my dress, and we're dancing under the sparkly disco ball.

I grew up in the 80's too. Yep, finally covered those grays after waiting months yesterday! :cool1: Never been so excited to go to the salon.

And yeah, 80's is the oldies station now. I know, I know ... how could this be? That used to be my Dad's station, not MINE!?!

Last edited:
A clean house!
:goodvibes I get a weird charge out of finishing a job like scrubbing the floor or cleaning the oven. My profession is very complex and mentally exhausting so I LOVE simple, manual tasks that have a very clearly defined beginning and end and such a visible result. :lovestruc

I also adore the scent of lilacs - such a fleeting pleasure but they are just starting to bloom here now and it's glorious. Another thing is a rare weekend afternoon home alone when I'm not on-call for work. It's total and complete relaxation knowing that nobody anywhere needs or wants anything from me. :cloud9:

Last edited:
Thinking about somebody passed and then the next song you hear is the one that always makes you think of them.

-It makes me happy because it makes me feel really connected to them, like they were thinking of me too :)

Last edited:
Whenever anyone holds my hand. Whether it's one of my students or one of my own kids or a friend wanting to comfort me, for me it's such an sweet expression of love and trust. I'm not a hugger but ill take a hand squeeze any day.

I also adore the scent of lilacs - such a fleeting pleasure but they are just starting to bloom here now and it's glorious.

YES! We had 2 lilac bushes die and boy I miss them. My neighbor (with our permission, we love her) used to sneak over and clip some to put in her home. Lilac is such an underrated scent. Everyone raves lavender, lavender ... :sad2: nope! Lilac is where it’s at! 😉

A squirrel pausing to let its tail flitter or a bird taking a bath in a puddle will stop me in my tracks to smile.

Things I can do for myself, comfy socks, not fancy ones but plain warm soft socks; flowers on my table, randoms from the yard or wherever are fine & fresh clean smelling sheets are all life's little luxuries.
Sheets! A big yes to that!

:goodvibes I get a weird charge out of finishing a job like scrubbing the floor or cleaning the oven. My profession is very complex and mentally exhausting so I LOVE simple, manual tasks that have a very clearly defined beginning and end and such a visible result. :lovestruc

I am with you on the cleaning things, especially something where it really obviously goes from filthy to sparkling. At the zoo my favorite was always cleaning the monkey area, I think because the impact was the greatest.

I am also a fan of organizing and love a new shelf.

That first sip of coffee in the morning.
Using a nice smelling body wash while taking a nice long shower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter