• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Space Mountain looks like with the lights on.

dae3dae3

Mouseketeer
I thought this was pretty cool.

MLExDo2.jpg

We rode it twice with the lights on. It was actually more interesting than I thought it would be!

We rode it one time when TTC's work lights were on. That is just enough to light up Space Mountain where you can see. It was the most terrifying Space Mountain experience of my life! I never realized how close the tracks actually get to each other until I experienced it with that little bit of light on.

There's a couple of YouTube videos that show the ride in action. Most are really bad due to the speed of the ride, but there was one decent one we watched the other night (Because my DW who rode it with me no fewer than a dozen times in the past decade is suddenly scared of it, lol)

Happened to us at Disneyland. DD took some photos, but none were as good as this one.

The ride stopped near the end. The CMs climbed up to us and literally pushed the car to give it enough momentum to make the last few turns.

It was actually quite cool.

Always felt I was going to hit my head when riding with the lights off. Only 6'2 but I feel like you can hear the other tracks wiz by your head.

I recognize this picture from Reddit. They are saying now it's a picture of the Disneyland Space Mountain ride.

We rode it one time when TTC's work lights were on. That is just enough to light up Space Mountain where you can see. It was the most terrifying Space Mountain experience of my life! I never realized how close the tracks actually get to each other until I experienced it with that little bit of light on.

Seeing this picture, I can see why riding it with the lights on would be awful. I hate the ride anyway, but thinking I was going to crash into something would make it worse.

This picture solidifies my resolve never to ride it again.

I've done it, ridden it with the lights on. I still keep my hands up. It wasn't particularly terrifying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We've seen it lit up twice. It sure looks different than you might expect.

I see that this is apparently Disneyland's version. I bet that they look at least similar.

That is very cool! I'm not sure I would want to ride it with the lights on, I love that it's in the dark. One of the reasons that it is and always will be one of my favorite rides.

Anyone know a way to ride it with the lights on? Do they ever do special days or events that they offer this?

I love the DLR version and don't bother with the MK version. I can't put my hands up as I just know they will get knock into bloody stumps by a stanchion or another ride vehicle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter