What the hell is going on with Tower of Terror...

We have fp for 6 for Monday next week. If TOT is closed and we get an anytime fp, does that mean that 3 of our party could do FEA in Epcot and 3 could do TOT (we have parkhoppers and a free afternoon on Friday)? How long are those fp good for?
If I remember correctly, they're only good for that park during regular hours on that day.

We have fp for 6 for Monday next week. If TOT is closed and we get an anytime fp, does that mean that 3 of our party could do FEA in Epcot and 3 could do TOT (we have parkhoppers and a free afternoon on Friday)? How long are those fp good for?

Fastpasses can only be for rides in DHS and must be used on same day your TOT fastpass is for.

We had fastpasses for 10/22, 10/23 and 10/25. We were given the option to change them but didn't. The fastpass waits weren't that bad (15-30 min) on all 3 days. It didn't take as long as the CMs were saying out front. On Sunday they weren't letting anybody through the standby line but on the other two days they were; I'm sure it was a very long wait in that line.

I was there Sunday with a FP return time of 6:05. The entire day leading up the wait times were always posted over 100 minutes. While we were using our RNR FP, we got an anytime FP because TOT was 'down' I checked the app and it was still up and running...my thinking was to lessen the amount of people using TOT FP, they gave people the option of using the multiple experience pass elsewhere.

We decided to go ahead and ride TOT and the wait for FP for us was only 20 minutes (from the time we entered the line to the time we were seated).

I could tell they weren't running at full capacity when we went to wait for the room and there were less than 20 people in the TV room. Always in the past, they would pack us in there like sardines. I explained to my husband that they couldn't put too many people in the rooms because if they did, the line in the next section would back up to the rooms and no one would be moving. I was shocked when we exited the room and the line was up where the fork is for the two lanes. I was expecting more people in that area.

They were only running one side so that explained the crazy wait.

I want to note that earlier in the day my husband and I needed to kill some time so we were going to wait in standby for TSM. But we couldn't because they closed down the standby and were only allowing FP in. It was quite agitating. We instead rode RNR in standby (posted wait 80 minutes, actual wait 45)

We were there in June and experienced much the same. Often only one side operational and only Fast Pass getting on. It was difficult to ride and this is always an easy ride to get on.

Today looks absolutely packed at HS. I’ve peeked periodically too and ToT does look crazy. I would suspect some elevators down too.
This was our issue during our late September visit. All 3 times we rode it, the waits without FP+ were around an hour! I do know that they had at least one elevator down and in fact, they moved us from the line in front of one of them to the one at the other end at one point. Seems like they're having issues?

Currently 85 minutes for ToT. RnR is only 35 minutes -- don't recall ever seeing ToT with a wait that is twice as long as RnR.
Exactly that was my starting point. ToT has at these days the second longest wait time after FoP.... Just because they couldn't fix the problems. But if there we're also problems in June like PP mentioned, it seems they couldn't really fix it, at least it was only temporarily...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ToT is my absolute favorite ride. I will be sooooooo disappointed if it's not fixed by early December. Please, Disney, you HAVE to fix it!!!
:worried::worried::worried::worried:

According to TP app, RnR posted wait is 35 and expected wait is 24. ToT posted wait is 105, expected wait is 86. Ouch. And this is on a supposed very low crowd day (2/10)

I'm assuming this issue won't be fixed by the time we are at DHS on Saturday. Luckily we've got ToT FP for Saturday morning so hopefully we can ride without much issue.

By the way, anyone have any recent experience with ToT at Rope Drop? The current plan is to ride RnR then ToT at RD, then ride again with FP. In past years we've been able to ride multiple times at RD with minimal or no wait, but sounds like that may not be doable now.

And my daughter's favorite rides are Splash, which is closed while we are there, and ToT, so this is pretty irritating.

I feel terrible for everyone having issues but I want to thank you for letting everyone know. I'm in the process of changing our HS day so I can get FP for ToT to hopefully guarantee a ride.

I feel terrible for everyone having issues but I want to thank you for letting everyone know. I'm in the process of changing our HS day so I can get FP for ToT to hopefully guarantee a ride.

Ditto that! Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
From my understanding from this thread is the fastpass lines a long wait as well?

I rode it on the 20th with a Fast Pass and only waited 15 minutes.
By looking at the expected vs actual wait times, whatever happened to ToT started happening around 5PM on 10/20. The values remained relatively close on 10/18, 10/19, and most of 10/20....and then actual waits started spiking. They were up and down all day on 10/21, and consistently high after noon on 10/22. The discrepancy was even worse on 10/23 for the entire day, and the ugly pattern continues...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter