What time does Magical Express deliver luggage by if your plane lands around 530pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a few people on this thread that’s kinda out of the loop. It is always easier to take luggage with you on bus. That’s just a simple fact. Its was a subject on wdw radio. Basically becoming more popular that using the tags. The tags is kinda not the in thing anymore. More and more people are just taking their luggage on the bus. Just too easily done not to.
Can you elaborate, please? This doesn't make any sense to me. Comparison:
  1. Go to airport.
  2. Check luggage.
  3. Arrive at destination.
  4. Proceed to luggage carousel.
  5. Wait for luggage.
  6. Claim luggage.
  7. Proceed to DME.
  8. Check in.
  9. Proceed to bus.
  10. Turn luggage over to bus driver.
  11. Board bus.
  12. Ride to resort.
  13. Get off bus.
  14. Wait for driver to pull luggage.
  15. Tip driver.
  16. Bring luggage to room if ready, or Bell Services.
  17. If Bell Sevices, reclaim or call for luggage.
  18. Tip Bell Services
vs:
  1. Go to airport.
  2. Check luggage.
  4. Proceed to DME.
  5. Check in.
  6. Board bus.
  7. Ride to resort.
  8. Get off bus.
  9. Let luggage be automatically delivered to your room and have Disney tip Bell Services.
I am truly confused how more than twice as many steps is easier :confused3

Last edited:
Yep. Always do it yourself. Than nothing can get messed up. More folks every day is taking luggage on bus themselves. Many more according to a popular travel site.
Link, please? Millions of people use DME annually (no supporting data, just common sense reasoning.) How many more folks are declining arguably the best feature of DME? As for nothing getting messed up, it's seeming like you've mever had luggage misdirected by the airline?

Link, please? Millions of people use DME annually (no supporting data, just common sense reasoning.) How many more folks are declining arguably the best feature of DME? As for nothing getting messed up, it's seeming like you've mever had luggage misdirected by the airline?
No we have not
The best feature is a free ride to WDW. No rental car and use Disney transport. We will take our own luggage as more and more are. You do what u want.

Can you elaborate, please? This doesn't make any sense to me. Comparison:
  1. Go to airport.
  2. Check luggage.
  4. Proceed to luggage carousel.
  5. Wait for luggage.
  6. Claim luggage.
  7. Proceed to DME.
  8. Check in.
  9. Proceed to bus.
  10. Turn luggage over to bus driver.
  11. Board bus.
  12. Ride to resort.
  13. Get off bus.
  14. Wait for driver to pull luggage.
  15. Tip driver.
  16. Bring luggage to room if ready, or Bell Services.
  17. If Bell Sevices, reclaim or call for luggage.
  18. Tip Bell Services
vs:
  1. Go to airport.
  2. Check luggage.
  4. Proceed to DME.
  5. Check in.
  6. Board bus.
  7. Ride to resort.
  8. Let luggage be automatically delivered to your room and have Disney tip Bell Services.
I am truly confused how more than twice as many steps is easier :confused3
lol. You left out a lot of steps to state your claim. I’ll just say. Ymmv. Lol

Undercover Tourist touts the luggage delivery as a pro https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disneys-magical-express/
Touring Plans has a detailed FAQ and doesn't indicate anything about claiming your own luggage being easier https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/disneys-magical-express
WDWPrepSchool https://wdwprepschool.com/how-magical-express-works/
More than 89% of TripAdvisor reviewers rate DME with five or four stars. Only 4% give it two or one stars. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Disney_s_Magical_Express-Orlando_Florida.html I didn't read the reviews but I truly don't think claiming your own luggage is the in thing.

If you wouldn't mind identifying which steps I omitted where... Steps are identical except where they vary due to unnecessary activity. What did I miss?
well for one. Get off bus is not on both your example. Also. You say claim luggage. That’s the same as get luggage. Once we get luggage we just walk to DME. It’s remarkably simple. The extra steps you list take like no time. Lol. Look. I find it amazingly comical you even care about others opinions. You said yours. I said mine. Yet you can’t let it go... lol. It’s taking luggage ones self. It’s not rocket science. It’s not a big deal. And it’s easy. If someone finds it’s not. I’d just stay at home. Lol
You do what you please. Free Republic we in. Others will do what they please.
Ymmv. Have great vacations at WDW. Seriously, wish you well.

Last edited:
well for one. Get off bus is not on both your example.
You're right. Thank you. I fixed it.
Also. You say claim luggage. That’s the same as get luggage.
Claim luggage from carousel. Get luggage from bus driver. Leave luggage with Bell Services and have it turned over to you a third time (alternatively taking own luggage to ready room.) Three luggage interactions, vs none with tagged luggage.
I find it amazingly comical you even care about others opinions.
Opinion. Not fact, ergo should not be indicated as such.

You're right. Thank you. I fixed it.

Claim luggage from carousel. Get luggage from bus driver. Leave luggage with Bell Services and have it turned over to you a third time (alternatively taking own luggage to ready room.) Three luggage interactions, vs none with tagged luggage.

Opinion. Not fact, ergo should not be indicated as such.
Again..all opinions..have a great night...the firehouse is getting busy...

There is a few people on this thread that’s kinda out of the loop. It is always easier to take luggage with you on bus. That’s just a simple fact. Its was a subject on wdw radio. Basically becoming more popular that using the tags. The tags is kinda not the in thing anymore. More and more people are just taking their luggage on the bus. Just too easily done not to.

I think getting my own bags is a hassle. Even more so if you arrive on the other side of the airport. Then you have to go down, get your bags, haul them back up and across and down again, and then drag them to the buses. What is easy is not stopping and waiting for your bags, and then schelpping them to the bus. Easy is walking with your carry on only to the bus, getting on, and heading to your resort.

Yep. Always do it yourself. Than nothing can get messed up. More folks every day is taking luggage on bus themselves. Many more according to a popular travel site.

Except for the airlines mis-directing your bags. Or their being a ground stop (as there was yesterday) and having to wait a while for your checked bags to be unloaded. Many things can get messed up that have nothing to do with DME.

I had a late flight once that got in around 6ish and my luggage didn't get there until after midnight. I don't think this is the norm, but if I ever have another late flight, I will pick up my own luggage at baggage claim and bring to the ME bus myself. That late, your room will be available and it's nice just to throw your luggage in the room and head on your merry way if you choose.

Once again @Disneypro1 it is NOT A FACT. It is your opinion.
My issue is not whether someone takes their luggage on the bus, that is a personal decision and neither case is wrong.
My issue is with you stating that your opinion is FACT when indeed it is only opinion. This lie is misleading to folks and unfair.
You have every right to your opinion. Just don’t state your opinion is fact.

Once again @Disneypro1 it is NOT A FACT. It is your opinion.
My issue is not whether someone takes their luggage on the bus, that is a personal decision and neither case is wrong.
My issue is with you stating that your opinion is FACT when indeed it is only opinion. This lie is misleading to folks and unfair.
You have every right to your opinion. Just don’t state your opinion is fact.
I think most people know anything on here is an opinion. Lol
I mean does that really need to be stated? No one is mislead. I give folks more credit to think for themselves than that.

Even nicer to just go on your merry way and let DME deliver your luggage whenever because you packed what you need in yout carry on :D

FACT: this is what we do.

We find it to be the easiest- we already have most of what we’d need for DS2 in the carry-on already. Tossing in the pajamas and toothbrushes for the rest of us is easier and less time consuming than dealing with our luggage (especially if our luggage is on the other side of MCO).

I (and the nearly entire bus full of guests who also did not bring their own luggage last time I took DME in August) must be out of the loop :confused3

Welp, we always get our own luggage. Walk to the carousal, wait for bags, walk to DME (sorry, MCO is not that big and we always seem to be the farthest gate from DME). Driver loads bags, we get on bus, driver unloads bags, we tip driver, check in to hotel. Either go to room or give bags to bell services. Bags are ready when we are.

Easy. :)

Welp, we always get our own luggage. Walk to the carousal, wait for bags, walk to DME (sorry, MCO is not that big and we always seem to be the farthest gate from DME). Driver loads bags, we get on bus, driver unloads bags, we tip driver, check in to hotel. Either go to room or give bags to bell services. Bags are ready when we are.

Easy. :)
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter