What to do with all the medals?

I love seeing all these medal displays! Right now my medals are all in a shoe box...not too creative! I want to get a rack to display them on, but I'm torn between getting a generic one, or getting different racks for specific medals/races (one for my Disney races, one for half marathons, etc.) Right now, I'm eying this one http://www.ironsportworks.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=7&cat_id=
You can't go wrong with IronSportWorks. I love the one I got from them. Besides, the couple that runs the business are Disney runners too.

I had started out by building a wooden stand that was sort of V shaped that would hold the medals and put it in a curio cabinet. But that became filled pretty quickly, so I decided to get an old wooden shutter. I put a wall bracket on it to hang up. I hot glued some strips of foam (kinda like they do for flowers) on the back side of the shutters so I can run the lanyard into the shutter and pinned to the foam. It actually works great and holds lots of medals for very cheap!

I have the "Every Mile is Magic" from Allied Medals (medalhangers.com) with our runDisney medals on there. Don't have a picture handy to post right now, but if you follow runDisney on Instragram they posted it about 42 weeks ago, or you can check out my Instagram since I post much less frequently than they do (economichael).

We have ours hanging in the living room in between the two windows looking out into the front yard; alternately motivation to get off the couch to run and a reminder when resting on the couch of the reward for having done so. As we get more medals, we'll use the adjusters they included with the hanger to change the length at which some hang, so that all the medals are visible.

here is our allied medal holder. they do a nice job and are easy to work with. We do the 5k as a family, my wife and 2 daughters so i chose the castles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter