What to do with all the medals?

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I know we have all run races now and have managed to collect a few medals...more coming along the way.

I know there are shadow boxes for special medals .... which is fine but you cannot decorate your whole house with shadow boxes of medals.

I cannot think of anything on what to do with the medals I have! I have them in a pile in a room. Some I have hung up on the kitchen wall...but its a small space.

I was wondering if anyone has a unique way of utilizing medals? Someplace where you can hang them and see them without them getting in the way or looking like you are some sort of show off.

It seems a waste to just toss them in a pile.

DW has very fancy curtain rods doing the job.

McFlurry John

I have a curtain rod on the wall that I hang them from. Target has some nice looking ones.

Thanks for the replies.

The curtain rod sounds like an interesting idea. So you just hook a curtain rod up on a wall someplace and then dangle all the medals? Sort of like a closet rod.

Actually that's not a bad thought...just nail it into a wall?

My son is a swimmer, we have his medals on a curtain rod above his window. Takes the place of a valance. We hung another one over his dresser mirror for ribbons.

I have a custom rack for my medals.

IMG_1819_zps518dd105.jpg

Some unique ideas! Thanks.

I must collect my medals and untangle them and then figure out if I will use a rod over a window (my kitchen window has not curtain but it might be tacky there) or a lattice type of thing against a wall.

I also like Allied Medal Displays. This one may appeal to some of you! :)

https://www.medalhangers.com/view/414/Every-Mile-Is-Magic

Every_Mile_Is_Magic_(new)_30_x_11.jpg

I have the CityScape design and will probably invest in single bars going forward:
https://www.medalhangers.com/view/318/Hang-Bar-Only--Single-Bar

Really great quality, cannot recommend them enough.

On a sidenote...I saw the medal hanger that is for sale on the Disney Store website at this year's Princess Half expo and it is SMALL. Like ridiculously small. Ridiculous for what they are charging!

I looked at the every mile is magic one! But ended up with the one that says "give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world"

Thought that was fitting since my running journey began with wanting to do the princess half marathon!

Hello all, I just want to give a shout out to a race in South Bend, IN called Sunburst. I haven't ran it, but reading about it they are looking for medals from runners to donate to the hospitalized children. Along with your story and how you obtained that medal.
Anyways, in case anyone might be interested in parting with a medal or two, this seems like a really good cause.
Denise

Hello all, I just want to give a shout out to a race in South Bend, IN called Sunburst. I haven't ran it, but reading about it they are looking for medals from runners to donate to the hospitalized children. Along with your story and how you obtained that medal.
Anyways, in case anyone might be interested in parting with a medal or two, this seems like a really good cause.
Denise

Do you have a link to that?

I did go to the website but did not find any info on donating medals. If you have a direct link that would be great. I probably just over looked it or something.

OKay...I found it but it looks like you have to physically donate it to one of their tents and not mail it in. Great idea and I am going to research places where I can post my medals as donation.

...and on that note I found this site....www.medals4mettle.com a charity that accepts medals (not the ribbons tho). Totally something to look into.

Thanks for the heads up on that idea!

These displays are awesome. I just ordered the "Once Upon a Run" for DW, and a "Coast to Coast...and Everywhere In Between" for me from wwww.medal hangers.com. We've been doing this for 9 years. It's time to get the medals out of the drawers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter