What to do with my Mickey Ears!

grover

DIS Veteran
I waited 27 years to get my very own pair of mickey ears with my name stitched on the back, now that I have them I don't know what to do with them. I haven't even taken them out of the bag! What does everyone else do with theirs? Do you put them on a shelf, on your dresser? Any creative ideas as to what I could do with them? Just thought I would ask!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Grover in Winnipeg

We went to WDW a month ago and came back with NO ears! Unbelieveable, we forgot to buy them. My DH's birthday was 2 weeks after we got back, so I ordered ears from Gifts of a Lifetime and they arrived here in time! My husband put them on his head only long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures. Then they were just sitting on a table in the livingroom. The other night my DS13 straightened up the livingroom and put the Mickey ears up on the back of the couch. Our couch is right in front of the picture window, and now from outside, you can see the silouette of the Mickey ears, it looks like Mickey Mouse is sitting on our couch! :) Not sure how long I'll leave them there, I'll probably move them down to a shelf in DH's office, but for now they look cute there! :earsboy:

My 2yo DS put his first ears on his Big Pooh Bear when we got home and Pooh still has them on sitting in the chair in his room, he tells me it's Mouse Pooh.

Mine are also on a Pooh Bear. I have graduation ears (I went to WDW to celebrate getting my MBA last year) and have put them on my Pooh Bear from the UK pavilion. He sits on my desk next to my graduation photo with my parents.

mine are sitting on my dresser collecting dust at one time i had them on my beanie babies that is now in the closet collecting dust but the ears i have yet to move lol

Ours are sitting up out of reach. The little ones always want to play with them, so we told them this year we would buy an extra pair (without a name) for them to play with.

Thanks for some great ideas- I'll have to pull mine out of the bag!

Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Ours are sitting on a table beside our Disney DVD collection. I am looking for something better to do with them.

We have 3 or 4 different kinds of Disney hats we have bought. I hooked them into our drop ceiling in the corner of the family room designated as the Disney corner. With the hats hanging off the ceiling and pictures on the wall it looks pretty nice.

You could wear them in the car, it would get some strange looks!

I used to sit all my hats on my shoe cabinet but i threw it away so I dunno where to put them now...Ill find a good place!!!

yeah..wear them in the car...hehe :p :p

I have a glass curio cabinet with all of my WDW memorabilia. I have my ears from different years, books, photos, planning videos, etc. in there. It's a neat way to display all the stuff i've collected.

One day my daughter put her Mickey ears on her cat and took a picture. When the film was developped, we noticed the not-very-happy expression on the cat's face as if to say.......

"My family went to Disney- and they brought me back MOUSE EARS !?!?!?!?!?! ..... They could have at least bought me some Tigger ears, at least it would have been the right species!"

magicears2.JPG

Needless to say, we don't store our Mickey ears on the cat's head anymore :rolleyes:

Yup that's where my ds's are!

You could turn them upside down put holes in the side thread some string through them and use them as a planter??? Or if you really want to get some attention from the postman you could glue them to your mailbox and perhaps you could fool everyone into thinking that Mickey lives at your house (ps for this to work you must HIDE the name on the back of the hat, unless it's Mickey of course ;) )

Actually, they make a pretty cute lampshade for one of those low watt bedside or desk lamps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter