What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

That's so sad that some of the CMs were mistreated, there's absolutely no excuse for that. We adjusted our plans after we realized that DLR would likely close much earlier this time around than during prior 24 hour events. Guests need to have reasonable expectations and plan accordingly.

We tried to be extra nice to the CMs and acknowledged their great attitude and patience. Several of them were thankful at the mere fact that we'd automatically hand over our ID along with our AP and debit card without them having to ask, or even for just showing common decency and manners.

Disneyland is a luxury, not a right. Yes, I pay a lot for the privilege but try to be reasonable when certain rules need to be enforced, especially when it's for our safety.

I saw that photo when I was on Facebook earlier. It doesn't look like a cake to me. I wonder if it is a "cake" in the same way the Disneyland Hotel lobby's Castle is "gingerbread" during the holiday season. ;) Hmmm....

Is there anyone there at the GCH, on the scene right now, who can tell us if it is a cake -- or if it is made of any kind of edible substance at all? Please report back!!!!

If they are planning to keep it in the lobby for a while, it has to be made of something that will last.

I was wondering the same thing, SherryE. The picture makes it look too perfect! However it's important to note that this cake is not huge like the fake gingerbread castle at DLH or the real gingerbread house they had at GCH last year. If you look closely at the picture you'll see that this one is displayed on a tabletop, so it is more regular cake sized. I've seen a lot of amazing looking cakes out there so I'm willing to believe that this is in fact real cake. I do wonder how long they plan on it lasting...probably through the official birthday(July 17), at least?

I was wondering the same thing, SherryE. The picture makes it look too perfect! However it's important to note that this cake is not huge like the fake gingerbread castle at DLH or the real gingerbread house they had at GCH last year. If you look closely at the picture you'll see that this one is displayed on a tabletop, so it is more regular cake sized. I've seen a lot of amazing looking cakes out there so I'm willing to believe that this is in fact real cake. I do wonder how long they plan on it lasting...probably through the official birthday(July 17), at least?

That's what I was thinking -- if, in fact, it is a real cake, or if there are any edible components to the cake, it would have to be targeted to last at least through 7/17. I mean, it would be one stale cake by that time but I don't see a point in putting it up and taking it down before the actual birthday.

I wonder if people will start trying to take bites from it, like they were attempting to do with the GCH gingerbread house.

I'm here at GCH now! I was in the lobby when they brought it out and put on the finishing touches. I asked one of the girls who were hand painting the blue banners about it. She said it's made from rice krispie treats. I imagine they covered it with royal icing which can be smoothed out (like plaster). It's really pretty in person. Lots of glittery frosting.

Danielle -- Thank you for the live report! I was hoping someone was there right now to give us the scoop. So it's not an actual cake in the traditional sense, but it's a giant rice krispy treat sculpture!

I do wonder how long they plan on it lasting...probably through the official birthday(July 17), at least?
In the comments section someone asked the same question and DLToday's response was they hope that it will last through the summer.

I really like those luggage tags! Too bad I have no need for a package coming up any time soon... The tickets are really cute too! Have a great trip!

They are darling! We have a DVC room booked for our trip in November, so I am bummed we won't get any. :-( I still have ours from our 50th trip!

I hope I get some luggage tags when I finalize my trip with our travel agent. I would be surprised if we did though - on the other hand I can keep hoping DVC might send some my way!

I hope I get some luggage tags when I finalize my trip with our travel agent. I would be surprised if we did though - on the other hand I can keep hoping DVC might send some my way!
I just got something cool in the mail you guys might want to see. They're sending out 60th themed park tickets and luggage tags.

View attachment 105140

We are going to DL as part of ABD...so I doubt we will get those! They look AWESOME!

are the luggage tags just for those ordering through Disney? I ordered through getawaytoday.

I wonder if you get these if you booked a stay at a good neighbor hotel. We booked our trip through Dreams Umlimited staying at a good neighbor hotel with tickets and transportation from the airport. I would LOVE to see this arrive in our mailbox!

Wow, I hope I get one of those prints! It would look great framed on my wall especially since I collect Tinker Bell. For some reason it always seems to be hit or miss whether or not they decide to send me these special annual passholder things. :confused3 We'll see, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter