What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

Our family is seriously thinking of returning for the Diamond Celebration Anniversary. Really just for the sake of being there on such a special occasion. I've always wanted to drive out West and see the Grand Canyon (not fly over it) and see other stops on the way. Maybe take Route 66. Fingers crossed.

Hey Mike, that sounds FUN, driving route 66! Would love for you to do a trip report, if you do!!:thumbsup2

We have decided to come for the 60th celebration as well! Just want to be there! Maybe we should do a Dis Boards meet and Greet!:hyper: since a few of us will be there at the same time!! :goodvibes

So cool!

--Lori:banana:

Our family is seriously thinking of returning for the Diamond Celebration Anniversary. Really just for the sake of being there on such a special occasion. I've always wanted to drive out West and see the Grand Canyon (not fly over it) and see other stops on the way. Maybe take Route 66. Fingers crossed.

If you've never made the drive west, then I highly recommend doing it at least once. And be sure to drop me a line when you start making your plans. If you have time for other stops, I'd love to make some recommendations. :) TONS of great photographic opportunities between KC and DLR! :cool1: The drive is actually part of the attraction for us.

The rumor of a nighttime parade similar to HKDL's Paint the Night coming to DL have been gaining buzz lately. The concept art for Paint the Night is very beautiful, so I really hope this rumor is actually true. Not that I wouldn't like Electrical Parade to come back to DL, but I think DL deserves a brand new parade.

Hey Mike, that sounds FUN, driving route 66! Would love for you to do a trip report, if you do!!:thumbsup2

We have decided to come for the 60th celebration as well! Just want to be there! Maybe we should do a Dis Boards meet and Greet!:hyper: since a few of us will be there at the same time!! :goodvibes

So cool!

--Lori:banana:

Lori a meetup would be awesome! We have a whole year to plan this out!!

If you've never made the drive west, then I highly recommend doing it at least once. And be sure to drop me a line when you start making your plans. If you have time for other stops, I'd love to make some recommendations. :) TONS of great photographic opportunities between KC and DLR! :cool1: The drive is actually part of the attraction for us.

Oh you know if I decide to do it I will be bending your ear for all of your valuable advice! I'm with you on the driving. Part of the fun is seeing all of the breathtaking beauty this country has to offer. Don't get me wrong though as its equally as nice to get to DL in 3 hours. :thumbsup2

Any chance of a dis meetup Janet next year?

Lori a meetup would be awesome! We have a whole year to plan this out!!

Oh you know if I decide to do it I will be bending your ear for all of your valuable advice! I'm with you on the driving. Part of the fun is seeing all of the breathtaking beauty this country has to offer. Don't get me wrong though as its equally as nice to get to DL in 3 hours. :thumbsup2

Any chance of a dis meetup Janet next year?

I don't have a clue what we'll be doing next year. But the kids are lobbying heavily for a visit to Florida in the summer. And since we drove to Utah this summer, east is far more likely than west.

I really timed that all wrong. I need to find a way to get to DLR and see the new things I have a hunch will be coming. But with Katie entering high school in a year, I don't know about taking her out of school. :(

Mike, it would be Awesome! I really hope you decide to come, maybe Hydro... ?
Make sure stop at Winslow, AZ... and see the Eagles statue...
Standing on the Corner, in Winslow, AZ!! lol!:rotfl2:

--Lori

--Lori

Hey, I was in Winslow in April with my favorite lady and did all that. I even have a shirt to prove it! And a few photos!

:wizard:

Hey, I was in Winslow in April with my favorite lady and did all that. I even have a shirt to prove it! And a few photos!

Trey you said your on target for next summer for the big anniversary?

--Lori

Eagle's song, right?

Cool Trey! Can we see a pic?
I see in your signature line you are coming to D-23, how about the Birthday?
Be fun to meet Hydro! :goodvibes

--Lori

Yes, it was Take it Easy....... Eagles, 1973.
Guess I am OLDER than you! lol! :rotfl:

--Lori

Cool Trey! Can we see a pic?
I see in your signature line you are coming to D-23, how about the Birthday?
Be fun to meet Hydro! :goodvibes

--Lori

She did not appreciate the joke that I had seven women on my mind that day...but here is HydroGuy and HydroGal on Route 66. :) Notice the flat bed Ford at the right.

HydroGuy Standin' on the Corner...

HydroGal and her flat bed Ford takin' a look at me... :)

Yes, it was Take it Easy....... Eagles, 1973.
Guess I am OLDER than you! lol! :rotfl:

--Lori

I doubt it! What year did you graduate High School? No pressure if you don't want to tell me. I'm 45 now. Ughh. Can't believe how old I'm getting.

She did not appreciate the joke that I had seven women on my mind that day...but here is HydroGuy and HydroGal on Route 66. :) Notice the flat bed Ford at the right.

HydroGuy Standin' on the Corner...

HydroGal and her flat bed Ford takin' a look at me... :)

Trey-- Wow, these are Amazing photo's! So the Flatbed, just parks there all the time? Now, I want to go! I am a Huge Eagles fan!

Love the Route 66 on the road, just like in Carsland!
Your HydroGal was a Great sport! Does she love Disney like you?
Thank You so much for sharing your pictures! :goodvibes

A road trip from Reno to Route 66 is in my future!!

:lovestruc
--Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter