• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Unique Festivals Are You Aware Of?

amcnj

DIS Veteran
A relative was telling me about a festival they went to recently. It was an irrigation festival, commemorating the irrigation ditches that brought water to the area. It got me wondering what other unusual festivals might be out there.

Have any to share?

Texas has an art car festival and a mosquito festival. I haven't been to either one and I also haven't checked out the rattlesnake roundup. On purpose.

We have gun bashes. Those are weird to me!

How about Deerassic Expo in Cambridge, Ohio? I actually would love to go this year because John Michael Montgomery is performing, but I have to admit it's a weird festival.

Texas has an art car festival and a mosquito festival. I haven't been to either one and I also haven't checked out the rattlesnake roundup. On purpose.

Okay, so does the mosquito festival actually promote their good side? And if so, what is it?

We have gun bashes. Those are weird to me!

How about Deerassic Expo in Cambridge, Ohio? I actually would love to go this year because John Michael Montgomery is performing, but I have to admit it's a weird festival.

So is a gun bash an event that bashes guns, or a party that celebrates them?

So is a gun bash an event that bashes guns, or a party that celebrates them?
Lol :) It's a charity event where people get together to look at guns and talk about them with like-minded folk and then they also try to win the guns that they are looking at and talking about. Like a purse bash, but with firearms!

Okay, so does the mosquito festival actually promote their good side? And if so, what is it?
I think that it's more about accepting that they are there and nothing can be done so everyone might as well have fun. It's been going on for almost 40 years so I guess that it's working.

Bacon festival
Ok. I like bacon ...despite that it’s not exactly healthy make up, lol.
But bacon ice cream, bacon drinks just make me cringe.

Here it's a bacon and bourbon fest, actually quite fun if u love both.

We have a crawfish fest too. I know not the strange but I live in upstate NY where we don't have crawfish. Delicious though

Well, there's the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA
And the Rattlesnake Festival in Sweetwater, TX
Tarantula Awareness Festival in Coursegold, CA

From my area the only one that I can immediately think of is the Spinach Festival.

Otherwise others are a lot more 'normal' I would say. There's a strawberry festival but I don't find that out there like spinach (could be personal opinion on that one lol).

The only unique one around here is the Onion Festival, every February (I think that's when it is). We grow a unique type of onion down here, the 1015 onion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter