• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Unique Festivals Are You Aware Of?

We have so many down here I can’t even count them.

Shrimp and Petroleum Festival comes to mind first.
I was going to add crawfish festival. It doesn’t seem odd to me, but probably to others it might be. This weekend is the oyster festival.

Thailand. The world's largest water gun fight. Takes place every New Years. Although they use water anything. Not just guns.

Beer cheese(Winchester) and Spoonbread(whatever that is in Berea). Brass Bands(Danville) and Bigfoot(Lawrenceburg). You can celebrate horses(Georgetown), Chicken(London), and Wollyworms(Beattyville). I also think they celebrate the meteorite that hit Middlesboro(crater city). If the town is known for it, they celebrate it here in KY.

Spoonbread is a souffle' type pudding bread that is actually delicious! We lived in KY a few years and ate it there.

Many. Every small town in Minnesota has a 'festival' in the summer. You could go to multiple ones every single dingle Saturday all summer long. Minnesotans celebrate turkeys, chickens, hogs, dairy cattle, granite, potatoes....almost anything you can think of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter