what was in your teenage bedroom?

Wall to Wall posters. We used to have the best teen magazines with 8 x 10 and full size posters. I probably had 30 of Rick Springfield.

I had the usual dresser, vanity, tv, bean bag chair, phone, Atari, commodore computer with tv as monitor, canopy bed (until I was 17 and got a waterbed).

I also had a princess phone in white. Antmaril. I would have loved a pink version of it because pink is my favorite color. I hope you enjoyed yours. How cool that you, Fla4fun, had a ::MickeyMo☎️I don't suppose you have a picture? :) Ah yes, Swatch watches! I got my first Swatch watch as a gift for 6th grade graduation.

In junior high, I briefly had posters up in our rental house. I had Chad Allen, Chad Lowe, Tom Cruise and other Outsiders, etc. Main thing in my room often was my beloved late grandparents and our dog. Dad, too, who thank God is still with me here today. I had a bed with a built-in shelf as a headboard of sorts. It may have had a drawer too, I don't remember. I definitely had a stereo or cassette deck and desk with chair and TV. Lots of books and some stuffed animal friends.

Karen, my Atari 2600 as a younger child was my first big purchase! I remember being so excited about that! I loved QBert and Pac-Man. I hope you had fun playing yours.

I've enjoyed reading all the responses, thanks everyone for the memories :)

Almost forgot my red lava lamp and Garfield phone! I just sold the Garfield phone on ebay before Christmas for 65 bucks.

c906gig3.jpg
I remember a picture of this (it is still in my father's attic now)

I remember having a purple phone

I also remember having a TV and "boom box".

Posters covered my walls and ceiling - Bon Jovi, Cinderella, LA Guns, Poison, Motley Crue, etc. I had my awesome waterbed that was always soooo toasty warm. Of course, the typical 80's phone and desk. Corkboard covered one wall with concert tickets, pictures, skating papers, I had radio station stickers on my door - the stickers are long gone, but you can still see where they were - now almost 40 years later...dang, I am old. :(

The ugliest hanging lamp with fringe you ever seen in your life I did not pick that out my mother who had hideous tasted it was yellow plaid just just ugly
This monstrosity of boards put together that made a desk I’m not sure where my father picked this up but it was a nice sturdy desk
Tv - it was a little black-and-white TV I love that little TV
I had this shelve what’s in a bookshelf is more of a metal shelf but I had my little record player on it
Peaches Record crate - full of all my records ❤️ I still have this
Beanbag chair - sadly one of my dogs popped it one day and had a great time with the stuffing !! Oh what a mess that was ❤️❤️❤️
Since my parents were huge fans of paneling our walls were all covered and paneling I am not a huge fan of paneling so my walls were covered with posters every inch of them in all the artwork that I did in school I had an amazing art teacher and junior high school And she had us do a lot of paintings - I’m no Rembrandt but I liked my paintings so I hung them up on my wall I wish I still had them sadly something I won’t get into happen but they all got damaged
I really miss that bean bag chair !! 🤣🤣

My walls and ceiling were basically wallpapered with New Kids on the Block posters… somehow I even convinced my parents to let me continue the posters down our long hallway, lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter