What was one of the most awkward places/ways that you were stuck on at a ride in WDW?

My sister just texted me earlier today - she and my cousin were stuck at the top of TOT today for over 10 minutes. She said at least the "window's" were open and they could look out...lmbo

The kids and I were stuck on TOT this past Monday for about 20 minutes. We went up to the hallway where the doors open and the car moves forward, got to the part where the lights on the elevator door in front of you beam down and then over as if they are opening, then total darkness.................silence...............and nothing happened. My kids were terrified BEFORE this happened, so then really began to panic! It was our first time riding. Emergency lighting came on eventually, thank God. Several announcements came overhead indicating that they were restarting the ride, but that never happened. Finally they announced "help was on the way" and lowered us all the way back down. 2 maintenance guys then showed up with a little set of stairs and they walked us out through the CM hallway. We were given fastpasses to ride again later. My poor DH was waiting outside all this time having no idea where we were - he watched again and again as people who went in long after us came out! The kids now think it's a great story to tell all their friends!

The most awkward place for me was right at the bottom of the big drop at Splash Mountain (under the bridge). They have a braking system right at the bottom of the big drop & my log happened to be there right when it went off (the whole ride had stopped). I just sat there & hoped I didn't hear another log come down the big drop.

Oh man, all these stories! It is my greatest fear to be stuck for a long time on one of these rides! I panic if I think I'm trapped and can't get out. Just last week on the boat ride in Mexico we were stuck for a few minutes and I was doing fine, having fun, thinking it was a delay to board a wheelchair or something. But after a few minutes they made an announcement to stay seated and someone would come and assist us off the ride - I had never heard that one before! I immediately started to panic. We were close to the end and I was actually trying to decide if I could bolt thru the water to get the heck out of there - or if I should start yelling. By some miracle the ride started again we got out of the darn thing! If I was stuck for 20 minutes or more, like some of you have been, I really don't know what I would do.

The most awkward place for me was right at the bottom of the big drop at Splash Mountain (under the bridge). They have a braking system right at the bottom of the big drop & my log happened to be there right when it went off (the whole ride had stopped). I just sat there & hoped I didn't hear another log come down the big drop.

This, to me, would be the worst.

The first trip we got stuck in the Haunted Mansion. They had technical difficulties and eventually had to turn the lights on. It definitely took away the magic! LOL They finally got it moving.

Last year we got stuck in It's a Small World. It would move 50 feet then stop. Move then stop. Move then stop. Finally the lights came up and we sat for a LONG TIME back in there. I was starting to think about how disgusting it was going to be to have to wade out of there while carrying our children on our shoulders. Eventually they turned the lights on and a CM with waders sort of started pushing the boats towards the exit. Needless to say the huge line that was outside was completely gone and they had officially shut the ride down.

Wonder what awaits us this time??? :confused3 Now I am a bit scared... :eek:

Tonight we got stuck on Splash Mountain for 50 minutes. At first it was funny, but it turned into not much fun after listening to Brer Bear get stung over and over and over again, plus our legs were cramping... Maybe not awkward but we couldn't have been stuck in a worse place when it came to annoying noises on repeat... After a half hour they finally turned off the noise and the animatronics just kept moving, which my husband compared to that SNL skit they did recently about the animatronics. :rotfl:

Anyway, they tried restarting the ride but couldn't because people kept standing up or trying to get out (according to the nice CM we spoke with), :headache: so they evacuated us through backstage and gave us FPs for any attraction at MK for the week. But every time we go through Brer Bear being stung I will probably shudder because of how loud and annoying it was while we sat there. :laughing:

We actually took video of it to show how ridiculous it was that I will have to upload here when we get back home.

I think the worst for us was in Spaceship Earth, in the scene where Rome is burning. That scent imbues everything after a while.

Either in right front of Captian Jack in the final room of POTC or getting stuck near Little Leota in the final room of Haunted Mansion, then again there is the time my whole group got stuck in the final room of Its a Small World last summer.

Wait why do I keep getting stuck in the final rooms of all the rides!?! :eek:

Either in right front of Captian Jack in the final room of POTC or getting stuck near Little Leota in the final room of Haunted Mansion, then again there is the time my whole group got stuck in the final room of Its a Small World last summer.

Wait why do I keep getting stuck in the final rooms of all the rides!?! :eek:

Because, deep inside, you have a fear of leaving rides. STOP prolonging the inevitable!:rotfl:

Right after the backwards part ends and before you go forward for the big drop. The yeti came and ripped the tracks and then we sat there for a couple of minutes. People who had been on the ride before were kind of panicking thinking another train would be coming along soon,and the mountain was shaking which added to the feeling that another train was coming, but folks who had not been on before just thought it was part of the ride. lol.

On a different time on EE we sat on the big hill going up the mountain. When you stop on the way up it seems much higher than when you keep moving.

My 7 year old daughter's first time on EE and we got stuck. Right at the top where the Yeti comes out and screams and you start to go forward down the hill. Stuck for about 20 minutes. I pulled out my phone to text family below. Daughter got very nervous and yelled at me to put it away. I thought it was hysterical but she was scared. :scared1:Eventually got to finish going downhill, however, it stopped again immediately upon reaching the bottem. Got a free fastpass to try ride again later.

A few years ago, my dad and I got stuck on Buzz for 20 minutes. We were stuck in area with the large blocks so I couldn't shoot any of the targets. My dad was in the car next to me and he kept shooting a target right in front of him. It took a ten minute "conversation" and Mum stepping in before we agreed that that round didn't count in our bet with each other. Fortunately I did beat him the next time we went on so I got to pick out where we had dinner that night. :woohoo:

I've been stuck on many rides like pirates and hm, but the most hilarious thing I've seen stuck in any Disney park was my DS and my niece stuck in the spaceship on the astro orbiter. :laughing::rotfl: they're bigger people. A CM had to come over and help them out. Good thing they are good sports! We were all laughing so hard we were crying. :3dglasses

We were stuck on POTC for about 20 minutes right in front of the jail where the dog has the keys in his mouth. I got pretty tired of watching and hearing the prisoners pucker and whistle.

BUT...the worst...

25 minutes on IASW in the white room at the very end. Pure agony!!:headache::headache: So close and yet so far away from sweet freedom. My husband joked he couldn't take the Disney torture much longer and was going to start walking in the water if they didn't get us going. (of course, he was kidding) But everytime we ride it we start to get a little anxious when we get to the last room. We nudge each other saying "it better not break down, it better not break down." :rotfl:

On the Nemo ride when it just opened. After hearing "Nemo, where are you Nemo" for over 20 minutes, while we just sat there in our clam shell, I cannot go on that ride EVER again, altho we still laugh about it.

Oh wow...some of these stories....yikes!

During our first family trip in '08..we got stuck on Haunted Mansion in the cemetery. DS6 was about 3 and I was worried he'd get scared (those pop up ghouls scare ME, lol). Nope..the kid just looked around and took it all in. I think that was it for that trip.

DH and I went on space mountain on a solo trip. I had only been on twice previously, all before they changed the way the cars are seated. Anyway, I was the front seat, DH in the car behind me. We started to go up the first ramp and I realized something seemed wrong and a little different...then realized that the lights were ON! This was right after the refurb, everything was not fully up and operational and it was a soft open. Riding that ride with the lights on when you can see where you are going was absolutely TERRIFYING, lol. Then, right before the unload area, we stopped. Then we moved very slowly until we were almost at unload (about 10 feet before it), and they came along and let us out. I was pretty happy to not walk all the way down. We also got stuck on POTC right in the jail scene and right at the end where Jack is in the treasure room.

We've also gotten stuck "falling" out of the attic at HM a few times and right by Little Leota. Last family trip, we got stuck on the Peoplemover and Spaceship Earth (in the big computer area with the lady in the miniskirt and go go boots). I took a few non flash pictures, but my dslr has an indicator light and I got yelled at over the loud speaker and then a nasty CM at unload got snarky with me too. :rolleyes1

Also add us to the unlucky club of stuck on IaSM right before the good bye room. :eek:

In 2006, my family and I got stuck on Ellen's Energy Adventure...can't really remember what part of the ride it was but we were there for awhile, after 20 minutes or so they let us out one of the emergency doors.

We just got back from a 10 day trip.

We got stuck on the dinosaur ride at AK, right where one of the big ones moves toward the car. Lights went on; took about 10 minutes.

Was that last Sunday around 1 p.m.? My mom and I were in the car closest to the exit and we had to be walked off. Although we were there for about 30 minutes since we were in the least dangerous position and were the last car evacuated. They gave us fast passes but we never used them.

Also last week we got stopped twice at the beginning of TOT because the group of 12 teenage boys on the right side of our elevator decided they were going to all take their shirts off for the photo. Only the back row got around to doing it before being reminded by the CM on the loudspeaker that "all hotel guests must keep their clothes on!"

We stopped briefly in HM a few times - once going backwards, but that's pretty normal.

Last trip we got stuck on Splash for a good 20 minutes at the bottom of the hill going up to the final drop. And then back in 1998 my dad and I got stuck for 20 minutes in the last room on IASW.

Stuck on the Monorail for 35 min right when its over Epcot around the Figment Building.

Stuck on Haunted Mansion Many Many times from a few min to 10 min.. All Different areas

Stuck on Buzz Lightyear.. Got my best score for about 5 min

Stuck on Toy Story, for 5 min but they shut the scores off.. GRR

Stuck on Space Ship earth in the Garage scene for 10 min

Stuck on Small world for 20 min inbetween rooms

Stuck on Pirates at the Jack ending.. 5 min or so

Stuck on Splash Mountain for 20+ min, ride would go for a min and get stuck again, then go for 3 min and stuck again..

Stuck on Nemo Where the turtles Bubble screen, got me sick 20 min

This is over 10 years of rides.. But Yup we have been stuck many times, But never had to be walked off a ride..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter