What was the first character meal you ever attended?

I have vague memories of being at LTT, seeing characters, and seeing them never come to our table. I remember my dad remarking that it was probably some experience you had to pay extra to get. IDK...this was AGES ago. So, since we never had any characters come to our table, I'm going to have to fast forward to our kids' first trip in 2010 and say that Chef Mickey's dinner was my first character meal.

I do remember that character meal. One of the characters was Meeko, the raccoon from Pocohantas. I really enjoyed that character meal, for the uncommon characters. My understanding is that usually someone comes to your table and asks if you got to visit with all the characters-strange that you didn't.

I do remember that character meal. One of the characters was Meeko, the raccoon from Pocohantas. I really enjoyed that character meal, for the uncommon characters. My understanding is that usually someone comes to your table and asks if you got to visit with all the characters-strange that you didn't.

The LTT one was Colonial Mickey and Minnie, etc. The memory is circa mid 1990s and before ADRs were like they are now, so I think it was probably a same day reservation and no prior knowledge of there being characters. If it were today, I would most certainly know to ask to ensure we get our character experience. I'm pretty sure it was also pre Pocahontas, but I know I met Meeko at the character meal at the Grand Californian at DLR.

Chef Mickeys on our first family trip in 2000. It was our arrival night of what was supposed to be our one in a lifetime family trip (yeah, bought DVC in 2002 LOL). It was December, so full of Christmas décor. It was magical.

Cinderella’s Royal Table April 2009
It was the mice and the Fairy Godmother and they sang and danced. Loved it! Haven’t gone since.

Chef Mickey's 1994. First family trip and the kids were 4 and 7. They loved WDW so much that we took them every summer til they both graduated from high school.

Ours was a dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern back in 1996--WDW's 25th anniversary (with the castle cake!) We went with a friend of ours, and Colonial Minnie flirted with him shamelessly, twirling his hair in her gloved fingers and carrying on. We all laughed so hard. Great times.

The first one I remember was the original Chef Mickey’s in the Disney Village. I was 5. Chef Mickey’s at the Village Restaurant was where Rainforest Cafe is now.

According to my parents, my actual first character meal was Minnie’s Menehune breakfast at the Polynesian in the mid 80s, but I was only one year old.

My first character meal was breakfast at Artist Point with Pooh and Tigger in 1998.

Dinner a la Disney which was at the Disney Inn (now Shades of Green ) with my 3 year old daughter who turned 40 on Sunday. Chip n Dale were the stars. Can not believe I remember that (but can not remember what I had for breakfast today) We stayed at the Contemporary. (it was 1984???)

First ever family trip was in 2013. My daughter was turning 4 and we had breakfast at Cinderella Royal Table. I remember she was so awestruck by all the princesses that she didn't eat.

Mine was the Empress Lily on my very first trip to Disney World. I was only five-years-old, but I still remember parts of that trip.

Cinderella’s Royal Table April 2009
It was the mice and the Fairy Godmother and they sang and danced. Loved it! Haven’t gone since.

That would have been amazing!! I think I would have preferred the mice and fairy godmother over the princesses that came during our CRT dinner. But still - the CRT dinner with princesses was great too!

My very first character dining was the Character Breakfast on the Disney Wonder.

First character dining at Disney World was Garden Grill!

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in 2011 (it was our first WDW trip as a family and we had deluxe dining. We had sooooo many character meals that trip!)

Artist Point when it had the Pocahontas theme. Our son was carried around by John Smith. Great photos.

My very first was Crystal Palace in 1999 at the ripe old age of 18 months. As an adult my first meal was also Crystal Palace because I wanted to go back to where my obsession started

My first was the "Terrace Cafe" at the Contemporary. (same location, more or less, as Chef Mickey's)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter