• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your very FIRST park ever?

My FIRST park ever was...

• Disneyland

• Animal Kingdom

• Epcot

• Magic Kingdom

• MGM Studios

• Seaworld

• Universal Studios

• Islands of Adventure

• Busch Gardens

• Cypress Gardens

• Another park not listed

• I cannot remember!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My very first park was the Magic Kingdom in 1982 when I was three. I don't remember it, but we have some pictures, and it looks like I was having a blast on Dumbo! :earsgirl:

Disney World, and pretty much still "brand new" since the Oct. 1971 opening. I remember we had the booklets of tickets and had to choose what to "spend" them on. Some attractions would be listed more than once, so you still had a chance to see them with another ticket. I have the little photo album with only 14 (yes, 14!, can you believe it?) photos my mother made that day. She is such a camera-hound...I can't get over the fact that she made no more than that! The trees were so little, everything looks so barren! The wasn't a roof over the teacups either. The river banks were so clear too. Nothing like nowadays. Melanie

December, 1971. We have slides (shows how long ago this was) that show the Magic Kingdom still having finishing touches done. We love to look back at those old slides.

The name of the park is Carowinds. It's located in upper SC almost in NC. Mom and dad used to take me and the younger sister often. Haven't been to Carowinds in years...nearly 25 almost, but I've heard it hasn't changed much. That's not a bad thing. In comparison to Six Flags, I always liked Carowinds better. Cleaner, friendlier staff, and just really cool rides! :hyper:

I wasn't sure if a trip to the World's Fair in NYC in 64 counted.. so I had to say Disneyland in 65. I had seen Small World at the World's Fair and was amazed beyond belief. When we went to Disneyland the next year and it was there ... well, I was the happiest 9 year old on the planet!

Thanks for the memories!:earsgirl:

Wow...guess I am old!!! Cypress Gardens in the early '60's. I didn't make it to WDW and the MK until 1999!!!! But, I'm trying to make up for lost time.

MK - June 1973 - 4 years old - Stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza in what would become DTD. I remember the outside elevators of the hotel and getting a Mickey balloon. Also remember using tickets for rides. Luckily my parents fell in love with the place too and took the family on quite a few WDW trips while growing up!!!! They still visit too and just completed a trip with us at the end of October. Thanks Mom and Dad!!! :teeth:

My first park was Disneyland. ::MickeyMo

I can't remember the exact year right now but it was in the early - mid 1980's. We spent a week in San Francisco followed by a week in Anaheim. It was my first time to the USA too! :wave2:

Palisades Amusement Park, Palisades Park, N.J. Late 50's. Didn't think I could remember that far back. First time to Disney was to the info center when MK was being built and the first true Magic experience was 1979 with our two little ones. First on site stay was the Tree House Villas 1980. Thank goodness for pictures.

Lion Country Safari in Loxahatchee FL in the late 1960's? Just visiting the area at that time. And now I live just a few miles away. Then it was probably Busch Gardens in Tampa. And then my favorite on 10-1-71: MK!

First trip was MK in 1973, I was 3 years old.

First trip with the wonderful woman who is now my wife, 1992 I think.

First, and most emotional, trip with our daughters, age 3 yrs and 1.5 yr, was last weekend Nov 1-3. Got all 4 parks in 3 days. The girls had a BLAST. Eliza, 3 yrs, and her 5 yr old cousin got to go out during the Smow Globe parade. I think that everyone of us, my whole family ages 6 months to 55 yrs, had tears in our eyes.

Can't wait to go back.

Cedar Point in Ohio probably around 1963 - I barely remember anything. In fact I remember arriving at the hotel and being told I would be going to Cedar Point, but I don't actually remember being at the Park. In 1968 we went to Busch Gardens & Cypress Gardens. In 1971 I went to WDW. Its amazing how 3 of these parks have changed so much and the fourth is now defunct.

My first park was to Disneyland in CA, when I was 4yrs. old. That was in 1984. I can also remember meeting chip & Dale at the park. I had my picture taken with them. I also remember getting a Mickey Mouse Club ears hat. And now I am hooked on going to Disney, I try to go to Disney World or Disneyland once a year! I have also been on the Disney Cruise Ship(the wonder). The ship is awesome, words can not describe how great it truly is!!!! You just have to do it and see for yourself!

I LOVE DISNEY, Zen1

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

::MickeyMo "Well hi there everybody!"

My first park was a tiny place above Brighton Aquarium where I used to ride a tiny little ride with ladybirds (or as in america, 'ladybugs') - I still miss that ride to this very day! I progressed on to Brighton Pier (actually very impressive - rollercoasters, ghost rides, loads of stuff!), Chessington World Of Adventures, Thorpe Park, a few other minor ones, until, not long after my 18th, Disney!

Long live memories :D

Rich ::

My first part was Disneyland in 1956 when I was three. And I havenot stopped going to Disneyparks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter