• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would like to banned at Disney world?

Remember losing weight is about 90% dieting and 10% exercise. A lot of people think they can go have half a fried chicken for dinner because they walked a few miles at the park. Does not work that way.

And there are plenty of people who can enjoy and even indulge a little and understand how healthy eating and exercise works. They may go all out at Hoop De Doo Review on the friend chicken and strawberry cobbler, and then do a much lighter day the next day of say fish and salads.

Remember losing weight is about 90% dieting and 10% exercise. A lot of people think they can go have half a fried chicken for dinner because they walked a few miles at the park. Does not work that way.
Sorry to go off topic but this is important:
I agree with you about that. I work out obsessively leading up to and after my knee replacement. I do something aerobic for 80-90 minutes then weight training for 20 minutes. If I don't do this the artificial joint gets very tight so I usually don't miss. With all of that work I did not lose anything until I attacked carbs. Our diets are just way too carb dependent.

And there are plenty of people who can enjoy and even indulge a little and understand how healthy eating and exercise works. They may go all out at Hoop De Doo Review on the friend chicken and strawberry cobbler, and then do a much lighter day the next day of say fish and salads.
Exactly. I run 7 miles a day along with crossfit 5 days a week. I am allowed to indulge once in a while. Now do I pig out while on vacation, no. The problem are those that think walking a day in the park makes up for the BBQ buffet at night.

So what about twin 1 year olds. They should be forced to use 2 separate strollers but it's ok for someone to use a bariatric electric chair. Not all one year olds can walk. No one mentioned 5-9 year olds. They just said double strollers. Hope no one has a problem with my jogging stroller on a bus/monorail.

There isn't enough money in the World that could convince me to take twin 1-year-olds to WDW. And yes, I'll say it - I would love a stroller free day at Disney, and by that I mean ALL strollers.

Remember that Honda Civic commercial where they showed how much more space there would be in parking lots & on the highway if everyone drove a Civic? Next time at MK, look out upon the mass of people. Now imagine it without all the strollers & without all the people associated with strollers ;)

Sorry to go off topic but this is important:
I agree with you about that. I work out obsessively leading up to and after my knee replacement. I do something aerobic for 80-90 minutes then weight training for 20 minutes. If I don't do this the artificial joint gets very tight so I usually don't miss. With all of that work I did not lose anything until I attacked carbs. Our diets are just way too carb dependent.
It is. Carbs are very dangerous. There are safe carbs to eat. For example, I love sandwiches but the bread is bad so I use Ezekiel break which is made with sprouted grains.

I honestly don't think it's the strollers that bother people, it's the owner of the strollers attitude. We use two strollers for my two kids but my brother has twins (4) and another child (2) so needs the double and single for his family. But he always tries to keep the double out of the walkway / standing area on shuttles, they don't walk side by side with the other stroller and always makes sure to put it in the stroller parking area. Honestly I never even thought about it until it has been brought up at length here. However if there is someone who is not mindful of their surroundings and acts entitled with their double strollers, I can see where this is a problem. But people acting entitled and not mindful of other guests around them is always an issue, not just with strollers.

This is a lot of it. The stroller just amplifies the bad behavior. It's like being out on the highway. All bad drivers suck. But, bad truck drivers REALLY stick out.

There isn't enough money in the World that could convince me to take twin 1-year-olds to WDW. And yes, I'll say it - I would love a stroller free day at Disney, and by that I mean ALL strollers.

Remember that Honda Civic commercial where they showed how much more space there would be in parking lots & on the highway if everyone drove a Civic? Next time at MK, look out upon the mass of people. Now imagine it without all the strollers & without all the people associated with strollers ;)
Then don't go to Disney if you want a stroller free day. I don't see many strollers at the beach, hiking in the mountains, how about scuba diving. Maybe a cruise.

Doublewide strollers. Even when we had two in strollers we did not have a doublewide. They were one behind the other and took turns in the front.

The strollers are very annoying, honestly, not the ones with actual babies, but the big kids, wow. We waited to go to WDW until we were sure DD was big enough to walk that far by herself and not need a stroller. She was 5 1/2 and small for her age at the time, and she walked everywhere we did. She carried her own small backpack of supplies (autograph book, pen, water bottle, pennies and quarters for squishing, an extra set of clothes). She did fine. Unless your kid has mobility issues after about age 4 they should be walking themselves.

The world is full of things that "offend" people. We should learn to deal a bit better. I'm sorry that I have this unpopular opinion but my health insurance premiums are through the roof now.

Fat shaming: the last acceptable form of discrimination.

But seriously. If you have Obamacare, your premiums are high because not enough young people drank the kool aid...you're stuck footing the bill for hospice/palliative care, cancer treatment, etc. Obesity is waaaay down the list. But I get it, you are being "edgy" and its easy to make fun of people who are different than you.

That said, I think they should ban Mickey Mouse. Damn thing is annoying.

And also, his stupid girlfriend too.

and last but not least... fun. Let's ban fun. :)

It is. Carbs are very dangerous. There are safe carbs to eat. For example, I love sandwiches but the bread is bad so I use Ezekiel break which is made with sprouted grains.
Wait- carbs are dangerous? I mean, I understand that low carb is the diet wave of the future and all but I hadn't heard about carbs being unsafe.

I'm amused by how many people are taking this thread seriously and getting all butt hurt over it...

The debate about strollers, I thought was a few being a bit defensive. I mean, I admit it, I used strollers when mine were school age. So, sue me. Not their kid, not their choice. And on the other side, I get why the big strollers can be irritating. And it would be nice for just a day for there to be no strollers, but then I don't have to use one any more, so its easy for me to say that.

Now, the other thrown insults were over the top. Apparently we have a couple people that think they are just a weeee bit better than those less. . . uhmmmm. thin than they are. They really need to get over themselves and stop insulting people.

Sorry to derail the thread, but what's with all the carb-hating these days? I LOVE carbs and eat plenty of pasta, potatoes, and bread and manage to keep my weight right at 110 and am very healthy. What makes them dangerous?

Wait- carbs are dangerous? I mean, I understand that low carb is the diet wave of the future and all but I hadn't heard about carbs being unsafe.
Carbs may not be dangerous in and of themselves. What is dangerous is the typical American diet that is heavy in carbs (and sugar is a carb). My personal experience has taught me that I can't control my weight without keeping a close watch on the amount of carbs I eat. It is so easy to overeat carbs but not so easy to overeat on protein and vegetables. I personally think the low fat diets are a big lie, instead go for balance and cut carbs.

Sorry to derail the thread, but what's with all the carb-hating these days? I LOVE carbs and eat plenty of pasta, potatoes, and bread and manage to keep my weight right at 110 and am very healthy. What makes them dangerous?
I wish I were you. I love carbs but hate what they do to my body.

Fat shaming: the last acceptable form of discrimination.

But seriously. If you have Obamacare, your premiums are high because not enough young people drank the kool aid...you're stuck footing the bill for hospice/palliative care, cancer treatment, etc. Obesity is waaaay down the list. But I get it, you are being "edgy" and its easy to make fun of people who are different than you.

That said, I think they should ban Mickey Mouse. Damn thing is annoying.

And also, his stupid girlfriend too.

and last but not least... fun. Let's ban fun. :)
n/m. Not worth the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter