What would you like to see in the new era?

As @Dustin so eloquently said on his podcast last night - IF the current team wants to continue this type of work - I hope they create something entirely new based on their own personalities. It doesn't have to be what it used to be (in terms of format) in order to succeed. Whatever they choose, I hope they can all work through the trauma they've clearly experienced and find peace.

I would still love to see them bring/entice back Panda as the new permanent host. Then add another woman to the panel who also has younger children to balance perspectives. Local men, with no children, (granted Craig has an infant), limits audience interest. Clear know why though this was the primary hiring demographic for the show :(

Last edited:
I would still love to see them bring/entice back Panda as the new permanent host. Then add another woman to the panel who also has younger children to balance perspectives. Local men, with no children, (granted Craig has an infant), limits audience interest. Clear now why though this was the priming hiring demographic for the show :(
While that may happen, the reason it never did wasn't due to who was hired but more cause of the type of clientele that Dreams Unlimited have. For the most part younger people don't use Travel agents much anymore.

All of this is spot on and perfect. As a newer listener, It would be great to see people in positions to grow, thrive, and share what they are passionate about. Put people in a place to succeed.
I should add, I'd love to see a little more positivity in the show. And maybe that will change with recent events. Of all the Disney podcasts I have listened to, DIS Unplugged is by far the most negative. It's got to the point where I listen to it less and less. I feel like it's a show about what sucks about Disney, not what's positive or magical. It's ok to be critical, as you should be! But, CONSTANT negativity is a huge turn off. Obviously a negative work environment can lead to overall malaise, so I'm hoping recent changes brings some joy to the crew and podcast.
Totally agree - have found myself increasingly bored with the direction it's been going in over the past months.

All of this is spot on and perfect. As a newer listener, It would be great to see people in positions to grow, thrive, and share what they are passionate about. Put people in a place to succeed.
I should add, I'd love to see a little more positivity in the show. And maybe that will change with recent events. Of all the Disney podcasts I have listened to, DIS Unplugged is by far the most negative. It's got to the point where I listen to it less and less. I feel like it's a show about what sucks about Disney, not what's positive or magical. It's ok to be critical, as you should be! But, CONSTANT negativity is a huge turn off. Obviously a negative work environment can lead to overall malaise, so I'm hoping recent changes brings some joy to the crew and podcast.

Totally agree!

While I want to hear if something doesn’t measure up, the main reason I want Disney content is to enhance my excitement about coming back. Lately rather than enhancing the excitement the shows have made me want to cancel my trip.

I just spent over an hour watching Molly's recent video on using Genie+ in the MK and deciding if it was still worth it with the price increase. THAT is the type of stuff that I want to see and more importantly, discussed. Watching a one hour video of someone bouncing around the MK with screenshots of available attractions is very informative and helpful, but a panel discussion of recent experiences with some debate about whether one person's strategy was better than someone else's would be even more interesting and valuable. The Tuesday show needs to get back to that type of "in the park" content. Create a segment called "Inside the Park Home Run" with a discussion of real world experiences in the park. And if the current team members are not the right fit for more persistent "in the park" content, then I can think of about 10 million other people who would jump at that chance.

As far as the podcast/YouTube show going forward, my preference would be to try to convince Panda to come back and host the show as I enjoyed his style and ability to keep the show moving. Nothing against Craig nor Ryno as I think both do a wonderful job in production and chiming in during the show, but I get the feeling that neither are really comfortable yet in the host chair. If Panda will not come back as host I have been wondering if a young college educated Disney-loving journalism student with a pleasant personality and good camera presence could be hired. It may even be time to start over as far as theme music and graphics is concerned since there will be a new studio at some point. This would probably be like a full reset which may or may not be a bad thing. Just my thoughts.

I just spent over an hour watching Molly's recent video on using Genie+ in the MK and deciding if it was still worth it with the price increase. THAT is the type of stuff that I want to see and more importantly, discussed. Watching a one hour video of someone bouncing around the MK with screenshots of available attractions is very informative and helpful, but a panel discussion of recent experiences with some debate about whether one person's strategy was better than someone else's would be even more interesting and valuable. The Tuesday show needs to get back to that type of "in the park" content. Create a segment called "Inside the Park Home Run" with a discussion of real world experiences in the park. And if the current team members are not the right fit for more persistent "in the park" content, then I can think of about 10 million other people who would jump at that chance.

I agree with this. I am not a big Molly fan but do watch her videos when preparing for my next Disney vacation as her videos, as well as Paging Mr. Morrow's channel seem to have the most timely information to help me strategies. It would also be nice to see clips from the podcaster's visit to the parks during the panel discussion for the week. Also, dining reviews of not just quick service restaurants.

I was actually told by a member of the team that the reason The Trip ended was because it wasn’t generating business for Dreams. Since they don’t book offsite hotels and sell tickets for offsite attractions, that content wasn’t driving customers to them.

And that's the main issue with the podcast content.

I like all of your suggestions in your post about changes, but they almost ALL run counter to the business of Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Really, the DIS needs sponsors that have no skin in the Disney game. Like every other podcast has had to do.

They could get sponsors like Away Luggage, or other broad travel brands.

I’d love to see a new/updated deep dive into the resorts. Not only room tours, but what the various dining options are, pool, and anything else there is to do at each resort like the activities for families etc.
This sounds great- it could be a 15 minute segment showing the different room types and locations, the transportation, food and recreation options, and give pros and cons of the resort. The resorts are always changing. The CBR I stayed in five years ago is very different now, as are nearly all of them. Love this idea!

Is it against WDW rules to interview current cast members? Even if they were just saying what they enjoy about their jobs and what kind of guests experiences they have enjoyed? Im sure WDW would not allow them to say anything negative. I love getting to know the great cast members while I am there , but there isn’t much time for conversation.

Here are things I'd like to see/changes I'd like to see considered:

1. More dining reviews, but actually do REVIEWS. Listening to Ryno say "it was fine" or Erika say "it wasn't my favorite" tells me nothing about the food. How did it taste? Was the menu description accurate? Was it visually appealing? Did it come out at the right temperature? Was it fresh? Was it a good value for the money?

Seems like Craig understands the assignment most of the time, and Ryno some of the time, but all we get from Erika are wishy washy comments like "I didn't hate it" or "it wasn't my favorite." Ax that kind of talk.

2. More regular crowd updates. People like to know when is the "best" time to visit and how are crowds at any particular time of year. SHOW us these crowds! There should be one segment where they show what the crowds look like in each park once a week. Just a snapshot. Talk about any special events happening that might be affecting crowds. Call it Crowd Watch or something. The team are in the parks enough to be able to gauge crowds on a scale of 1-10. This is really helpful information for future planning. "It's the first week of August and since school has resumed in most of the south, the crowds this week are a 5."

3. Enough with the shilling of ABD trips. These are a 1% er thing. The vast majority of the listeners glaze over. Let John and Kevin do their own show to talk about these.

4. Do a segment where you highlight one ride/attraction every week. Do a "deep dive", go ride/experience it, and talk a bit about its history and then have the panel discuss their opinion on it. This would be really fun, I think, and may remind people about obscure or lesser experienced attractions.

5. Along with #4, do something similar (albeit less in depth) for ONE food location per week. It doesn't have to be a food review. Just highlight ONE TS or QS restaurant, snack kiosk, specialty cart, or drink stand. Let us know it exists and what it offers. "Today we are highlighting the Egg Roll Cart in Adventreland."

6. Let each team member have the opportunity to take turns ( rotate who goes every week) to talk about something Disney related they are currently passionate about or "into." I like hearing what excites them. It can be anything. Just give them a chance to talk without berating, talking over, or taking away their excitement about whatever it is. Let Kathy talk about Figment without being ridiculed. Let Ryno show off his latest painting or recently acquired collectible. I always liked when these things came up and always felt so bad when people would be ridiculed publicly about it.

What the weekly show needs most is structure and an outline. Break up the show into weekly repeatable segments. Allow for a quick 5-10 minutes for TRULY breaking news. In this era of social media and instant access to breaking news, there is no value in hearing about the specialty cupcake that debuted at the Magic Kingdom 6 days ago. Keep the news on the weekly show to THAT DAY'S news only. Use social media accounts to release daily news updates.

Last edited:
Is it against WDW rules to interview current cast members? Even if they were just saying what they enjoy about their jobs and what kind of guests experiences they have enjoyed? Im sure WDW would not allow them to say anything negative. I love getting to know the great cast members while I am there , but there isn’t much time for conversation.
I believe the issue is really the jeopardy that the CM's would be in for their jobs.

This might not be a popular opinion, but to me the whole weekly "news" format has passed it's prime. I rarely watched it as everything they were talking about I already knew. Heck, their own website, twitter feed, etc had already posted most of it.

The YouTube channels we prefer are the ones with in park content. What's the best way to use Genie+? What's the most efficient transportation when navigating the parks? Which rides should you prioritize and when? What are some fun things to do without a park ticket? What else is there to do in Orlando besides going to a theme park (come on, give me a Gatorland video :) !). That kind of stuff. I do really enjoy their dining reviews and find them very helpful, though. I just wish they had more active content like that vs just sitting in a studio talking about things.

This might not be a popular opinion, but to me the whole weekly "news" format has passed it's prime. I rarely watched it as everything they were talking about I already knew. Heck, their own website, twitter feed, etc had already posted most of it.

The YouTube channels we prefer are the ones with in park content. What's the best way to use Genie+? What's the most efficient transportation when navigating the parks? Which rides should you prioritize and when? What are some fun things to do without a park ticket? What else is there to do in Orlando besides going to a theme park (come on, give me a Gatorland video :) !). That kind of stuff. I do really enjoy their dining reviews and find them very helpful, though. I just wish they had more active content like that vs just sitting in a studio talking about things.
Totally agree.

I’d be up for a monthly news show with more in park/resort material in replacement.

This is basically what I'm advocating for also. They need a segment based weekly show. The format is too loose now and lacks structure. And yeah, they need to be doing more things that tourists actually do and experiencing the parks like a tourist would. When they do hotel reviews, they should act like they are on vacation. Get up at 7am to maks Genie+ reservations and talk about the food situation. Ride a bus to a park. Use the pool. Check out the gym. Half the time, they don't even sleep there.

Last edited:
The DIS is going to have to figure out what kind of video content they want to create and build out a strategy and schedule for content.
  • Streaming from the parks live?
  • Restaurant/Hotel Reviews?
  • General News and update show
  • General discussion show
  • Show focused on the Disboards
  • Random WDW parks content pre-recorded and produced
Pick one or all of them, but have a plan.

I very much doubt that Ryno and Craig have the time and energy to produce all of this on their own. They are going to have to find someone that can be the face of everything. Maybe that's Ryno or Craig? But they need someone. They need boots on the ground in the parks creating content. I also suspect they will need to be ready for Epic Universe to make content for that as well.

Most companies prohibit employees from speaking on the record to "media" unless they are in a position as a spokesperson for the company.

More information about how to get the most out of the Disney experience. Disney is very expensive. Make more about the parks and keep the cruises and DVC in their own area. Not all of us can afford the cruise or DVC.
Many years ago Theresa did a program about spending a couple days at Disney on a budget. I would love to see something like that done again.

Continue to be honest and truthful about whether an experience is worth it or not.
Also please continue to do programs on Universal Resorts.

Incorporate more out-of-towner perspectives. Have viewers who have visited recently call in and give an overview of their trip: How they got to property from the airport, where they stayed, where they ate, how they managed and planned their days. Tips and tricks to manage with kids and babies would be super helpful for a lot of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter