What would you like to see in the new era?

I am coming around to the point where I think that the Live show was done because it was possible to do it, not because it was necessary. I could live without the "Live" aspect of it.
I agree 100%. I can count the number of times I tuned in live on one hand, and it was never for the entire hour. I listen to the audio podcast in my car. It typically doesn't get to iTunes until late Wednesday or Thursday and depending on my schedule, I may not pull it up in the car until even Friday or Saturday. The fact that it was recorded live is complete meaningless to me and I enjoy it every bit as much as if I had heard it on Tuesday. Heck, when we have a long road trip planned, I will often save up several episodes of the Tuesday show so I have them to listen to on the long drive. Virtually nothing about the shows is time-sensitive so they're just as enjoyable a week or a month later as they were when they were released.

Like others have said, I tune in to hear the discussion and debate. I can get the news anywhere. I can only get your opinions about the stories from you.

I appreciate your update, Craig.
I am relieved to see that the "Tuesday Show" won't be on for a few months. You all need real time to stop, pause, think, ponder and rethink all of that again. This isn't a let's get this going asap and not be truly introspective and thoughtful time. Take your time. As much as you need. If this is able to come back at all, let alone better it's going to take a lot of planning and review.

This is such a great opportunity to reconfigure the crew, add some diversity in terms of who you see at the parks is what we want to see on panels. Parents of babies/toddlers/kids/teens. POC!! Adults with no kids. Disabled people. True believers with big energy who are excited to talk about things. Young people! They don't have to be actual staff on the payroll but contributors who pop in every once in a while. Mix it up. Keep it fresh. But please, move on and hit refresh.

This right here. One of the issues I have (or had) with the overall direction of the video content was that there was too much of it in too many different places. And perhaps that was a function of Pete having too much control over the Tuesday content. (But even after he "retired" from the show, the issue persisted.) Or maybe the wide swath of content was purpose-built for revenue gereration. I don't know. But it seemed as if on the Tuesday show, the team was not allowed to say what they really wanted to say or needed to say, and hence was born the "Patreon Aftershow" and "Off the Rails." If the podcast show is less restricted in terms of opinions and direction, then there wouldn't be a need for either of those other shows. It can all be bundled into one show in one place where people speak their minds and show off their true personalities. Condense the content so that it is easy to find and digest. Perhaps when I am retired I can watch 15 hours a week of new DIS content. (Podcast. Walking with Walt. Off the Rails. Dining Reviews. Shopping Shows. DVC Shows. DCL Shows.) But until then, speaking on behalf of all those who are NOT retired, concentrating the content into fewer videos would be great. It might mean less wellness check-ins, discussion of cupcakes and updates on what Lex Luthor is up to. But in the end, it will be worth it.
That’s an interesting point on what content is driving higher revenues. Would love to hear from Craig or Corey on what content has higher commercial value. I respect these guys have to make a living and it can also help set listener expectations, ie you may not like all the spread out YouTube clips but we need the ad $.

Personally, I think streamlining the content into fewer, higher quality options would be best. I thought the team was stretched and it showed. Pete constantly cycled through new hobbies. I realize some of that was to make $ to offset the covid wrecked travel industry, but in the end it’s a small team with limited resources.

True believers with big energy who are excited to talk about things.
This point comes up a lot, and obviously it's fun to hear people talk about Disney who are into Disney. But I'd also suggest that you occasionally include someone who doesn't fit that description? Why? Because in many families, one partner is the "Disney nut" and the other isn't but still gets dragged along on the trips. Having some content to show what can be done on a Disney vacation for that kind of person is great, too. Golf, shopping, dining, water parks, mini golf, horseback riding, fishing, boat rentals, movies, etc. are all things that can be part of a Disney World visit in addition to (or instead of) the theme parks. Having segments that highlight the non-park activities is something can can appeal to many people, including the "Disney nuts". A common question on the boards and Facebook is "What do you do on your non-park days?"

Most of the discussion in this thread has been centered around the "Tuesday Show" and that will be our biggest focus beyond the rebranding of the DIS Unplugged. I don't expect whatever the "Tuesday Show" becomes to be back up and running for a couple of months if it even remains necessary at this point.
Craig, I appreciate you sharing a bit of an update and being receptive of input. I know it is going to be a long road forward, but I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

I do hope that you can keep the "Tuesday" show in some format. I mean, I don't care what day it is or if it is live because I never watch live and rarely ever do I even watch it at all. I know attention spans for a lot of this internet media is going to more of a short form video format, but I still appreciate the hour long discussion and news style format as well. However, I mostly listen to it as a podcast while I'm driving or doing work around the house. So please do keep that segment of your audience in mind as you move forward. I might get to Disney World once a year at most, so I always appreciate a brief news blast to kind of keep me up to date with what is going on and I do enjoy a roundtable discussion to hear different perspectives and opinions about whatever the topic may be. Hopefully with the changes, we'll be able to enjoy a more diverse and open discussion about the parks.

Thank you for everything you're doing, Craig, and the rest of the team too. And you had the whole Disneyland trip to manage right in the midst of this.

I'm sorry to hear the Tuesday show won't be back for a while, and could possibly not return at all. I totally understand why, most notably the lack of a studio. I hope that you'll continue to keep LISTENERS in mind going forward even if we aren't a big portion of the audience.

One suggestion I'd make is to have some sort of central location for content so that we don't have to subscribe to multiple channels to find things to listen to. It was so much easier when it used to all be one or two feeds and I could just scroll down the list and pick and choose the shows I wanted to hear.

Hang in there. We look forward to seeing the new improved safe-space for all that the DIS will become.
I agree with the central location for content. I want to see it all in one place.

I'd like less big ticket things, and more basic stuff. I left a message about it on their recent video. I'm not the type of person who spends a lot of money in restaurants. While that coverage is fun to watch, my curiosity lies at something like Confectionary and whether or not they're cutting candy apples yet. LOL And, just what they have on offer, what the shop looks like, what flavors of popcorn they have... The little things. Similar to what Ryno does with his shopping videos.

I guess now that the COVID restrictions are being lifted, it would be nice to get back to the basics, and see what's changed.

@Teleclashter
Review alcoholic drinks. It’s seems ridiculous not to when you once did and we know you’re drinking them.
Bring back an Off the Rails style show and/or a segment like Dustin used to do in the second hour of the Tuesday show…more of a deep dive into a topic
More vacation planning. You’re all locals and have very little idea about what goes into planning a trip with your family. Deni was always good at bringing this perspective since she had travelled so often when her kids were young. Bring in some contributors from all over with different kind/age of families. Resort and room tours, genie plus, hit or miss attractions/restaurants/shows for certain ages (toddler, elementary, teens).
Don’t do all of the shows in studio. Something like Our Favorite World Showcase Snacks…then take 4 or 5 people into the park and actually share them together.

Since Craig is reading these, I'll ask this: does this mean in the future you'll be able to talk more about the alcoholic drinks you and Ryno try around WDW?
I would love this. It's funny, it never really registered with me before that they didn't review alcohol until Craig mentioned it in their Crocket Tavern video. Ryno does some really fun videos on another channel where he and his friend Jill make cocktails. He definitely has the knowledge to review alcoholic drinks. I'd love to hear Craig and Erica's opinions as well.

Corporate Disney stories rarely have an impact on the travel planning and the vacations of guests. For example, the Chapek/Iger story. The news story about Chapek leaving and Iger returning was posted when it happened. However, it also took up a lot of the podcast time that could have been used for other topics that were more relevant to guest vacations.

I understand and agree, but if these business stories were to be removed all together, I'd stop watching (Even more than I already do, I guess.)

I did like to tune in when a business story was in the news because I don't plan on going to the Parks for the foreseeable future, but I love the business side.

The most knowledgeable person about it will, rightfully, no longer be on the show, so maybe it's best if they shelve those topics. I don't mind the politics.

I can understand wanting them to pivot to relevancy.

Last edited:
Drinking around the world would be a fun watch lol.
Also, not an idea for a weekly show, but I love Julie's style and would love an occasional video of her doing a bounding visit. I know she's busy, but she's fun, so I can hope.
Even some Orlando based stuff would be nice. The airport layout would be helpful to some, nearby stores off property that may be better to stop into before, or during, the visit, what to expect at the cruise terminal in Canaveral, those toll roads around the area... I know that the content has been focused on Disney specifically, but that's a big city to navigate and if other tourists are like me, they like to know things beforehand.
Also, Deni had that cooking show where she attempted to make popular snacks at home. That could be fun for food and drinks. The possibilities are endless now, and I'm excited for them

Last edited:
Thank you so much to everyone who already shared their thoughts and feedback on what they'd like to see moving forward. I've read through everything and I've been taking notes, and hopefully, we will be able to find a formula that works.

This process will take time. We have to break down everything we've done before. For years, Pete would tell us that our team has an audience of one, and if he doesn't like what we're doing then it won't be popular or well-received. I believe that was even stated on shows many times over the years. While we've had some creative flexibility and have been given opportunities to try new formats, we've never had the true freedom to think about the audience as we were producing for an audience of one.

Most of the discussion in this thread has been centered around the "Tuesday Show" and that will be our biggest focus beyond the rebranding of the DIS Unplugged. I don't expect whatever the "Tuesday Show" becomes to be back up and running for a couple of months if it even remains necessary at this point.

While we are working on the branding and flagship content, we will continue to produce some of our current content like dining reviews and the Universal Show, and maybe even bring back a show like Off the Rails AND produce more and better content from inside the theme parks.

We don't have a current timeline, so please continue to share your thoughts and discuss what you'd like to see because this will be a work in progress for a bit of time.
Thank you for sharing this, Craig. I'm sad for all of you that the messaging was that there was an audience of 1. I'm not surprised, but it's sad to see it confirmed.

I hope that the new structure of the company allows the team to have that freedom, and that whomever stays or comes in has the opportunity to pursue new ideas that they are passionate about. As much as we can all share our own ideas here, I think one of the major things any successful podcast/vlog must have is that passionate spark behind what they're doing. So before even taking our thoughts and ideas into consideration, I hope you all get to sit down and talk about what YOU love, what makes *you* excited to get on air and talk about it - because that translates through the screen to us. I tune into Disney podcasts and vlogs to try and feel that Disney magic when I'm not able to be at the parks. I watch them to bring that added joy to my day...but when the person or team on screen isn't actively engaged or interested in what they're sharing, the podcast just becomes background noise rather than something to focus on.

So my hope for you all is that you have time and space to find the formats and topics that are most authentic to you (as a team) and how you can translate that to all of us through the screen.

I've always wanted some discussion on the "free" things you can do in the parks and on the cruise ships, particularly a DCL show on the other activities on board like the shows, animation classes, game shows etc., rather than just the stuff you pay extra for. I remember a vlog Craig did once where he did everything that was free as part of Festival of the Arts, and it would be nice to see the other aspects of the festivals outside of food booths.

I do hope you continue a discussion podcast, whether it be live or recorded. I like hearing your opinions on some of the big news of the week but also on what you've been up to in the parks, your favourite attractions and food etc.

Thanks Craig.

I agree with the folks saying the 'live' part of the Tuesday show is not needed. Also agree with the concept that the analysis and discussion and bouncing the news and opinions around the table are great aspects that could work for a regular weekly show.

Maybe include at the weekly table some guests now and then who aren't regulars. Maybe folks like Deni, Panda, and others who have left 😢 if you could get back now and again for a quest spot? Also though I'd like to see guests that might have insight on vacation planning for different types of families (couples, singles, families with kids, families with teens, families with adults, etc) just rotating in those different perspectives now and then I would like to see. Even different vacation styles, a mid day break kind of style, an in the park dawn to dusk type of style.

As others have said, Off the Rails was great! I still watch Ryno's shopping videos and most of the Dis Dining ones. I loved Steve's walks around the property videos (gosh I hope that was Steve and I am not mis-remembering who that was). I also SUPER miss Saturday Snacks with Deni.

Hey, first of all everyone on the team is in my thoughts and prayers. I always wondered what was going on behind the scenes and with people disappearing. I know what it’s like to work in a toxic work environment.

I literally sat here and laughed out loud about Pizza Hut and your possible franchise when Deni was still with you. I really enjoy Ryno’s shopping trips. His candid reviews are very entertaining. With Rory, you have a new perspective to think about… Disney with an infant. I am a local now, but I really enjoyed watching the shows before I moved here. I do enjoy the Tuesday show and hope you will continue it at some future time. I have to admit that the Tuesday show the last couple of years was much better without Pete. Again, I wish you all the best as you work thru this.

Attachments

• IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
This process will take time. We have to break down everything we've done before. For years, Pete would tell us that our team has an audience of one, and if he doesn't like what we're doing then it won't be popular or well-received. I believe that was even stated on shows many times over the years. While we've had some creative flexibility and have been given opportunities to try new formats, we've never had the true freedom to think about the audience as we were producing for an audience of one.

This explains a lot. Hopefully the new freedom to be creative can make it more enjoyable for you guys.

I'm having a hard time with this one. Tuesday show is the biggest focus yet it may never come back?

This explains a lot. Hopefully the new freedom to be creative can make it more enjoyable for you guys.

I'm having a hard time with this one. Tuesday show is the biggest focus yet it may never come back?

I'm assuming that means that the main focus of the teams discussions in the coming weeks will be deciding whether or not a "Tuesday Live Show" is the way forward or if they'd like to try something new and fresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter