What would you like to see in the new era?

I stop at the one on the way to Houston most of the time when I am headed that way. But i still think its a tourist trap. :)
I'd agree that Buc-ees are basically tourist traps. But they usually have the best price on gas and lots of clean restrooms. If we are doing a road trip, they are high on our preference list of places for a pit stop.

Geez all the poster did was give their opinion
You keep referring to some other poster, but I have no idea what you are referring to. If they want to reply to me, they can.

As for the "But", I went ahead and deleted it. It wasn't necessary to the sentence, and the sentence now reads better without it.

We love Buc-ees. It's a must do on the way to and from Florida. Their BBQ sandwich is way better than you would ever expect. It's worth a stop just for that.
I've been to the Buc-ees near Pensacola. Interesting store. But my god the parking lot was terrible I thought we would never get out. The food products was good but they needed another parking area. And the gas station was even worse.

I was pretty sure that we would never be able to exit and get on the road

Going forward I would love to see more in park videos with members of the team. I have really enjoyed the last few videos of the food and wine festival and not so scary. It would be great to still have a live show once a week.

Oh and please keep the universal show. It’s my favourite!

@Teleclashter
Most of the discussion in this thread has been centered around the "Tuesday Show," and that will be our biggest focus beyond the rebranding of the DIS Unplugged. I don't expect whatever the "Tuesday Show" becomes to be back up and running for a couple of months, if it even remains necessary at this point.

Maybe I've become used to what is happening with the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strike and the use of reruns, but have you considered that?

Let's say you will have the new Tuesday show structure and taping location ready in November.

Please consider offering curated reruns that specify do not include "he who should not be named" but are nonetheless deeply entertaining. Using your youtube/podcast analytics will give you an idea of what resonated with the listeners, and choose accordingly. Not every show has been an out-of-the-park homer, but you have a lot that were.

The show could start with a video intro, introducing when the show was first recorded and a quick "What is the current status" update.

If you started next week, you only need to fill in 11 shows. If you need more time, just let us know at the top of the show.

There is a lot of excellent and amusing content that many people would be happy to hear/see again, and for those who had not been around, enjoy that which would be new to them.

This would keep my Tuesday YouTube appointment at 1 PM EDT alive.

And the Bucee's Beaver Tail is a thing to behold.

I will tell you something about the Dis that drives me batty! They are one of the largest travel agencies and somehow I rarely hear any breaking news from them or trip planning type content.

Granted I am primarily a DL fan, so I don’t follow the WDW content heavily, but I was just scrolling Instagram when I saw the new “secret” Little Mermaid rooms at Carribean Beach! They are gorgeous! I just did some goggling and found out this has been a thing for months, Erika even wrote a short article about it in November.

Did they ever talk about on the show??? Did they do a room review?! Did I totally miss this?? Why aren’t you telling me this instead yapping about crack dealers??

I literally am about to book a trip revolved around seeing these rooms. These rooms look super adorable! 😍

Last edited:
My request:

Off the Rails returns or becomes the new format for the long form show. While smaller 15 -20 minute news shows would be good.

Not to mention a rival channel, by they have a pretty good format with short news shows, a longer discussion show, and the normal in park gallivanting.

If DUT wants to have a travel show that'd be good to throw in the mix.
----

I'm sure yall will figure out something good if not great. There is a good batch of talent and veteran contributors still working at the Dis.

You keep referring to some other poster, but I have no idea what you are referring to. If they want to reply to me, they can.

As for the "But", I went ahead and deleted it. It wasn't necessary to the sentence, and the sentence now reads better without it.
That would be me. Your wording was not the greatest. I have fairly thick skin and decided to just take a short break from this site. It has been a bit,…intense here anyway and that goes beyond you. Godspeed to all of the team and mods navigating thsee choppy waters right now.

All of that being said, I stand by my wishlist. If expenses will not accommodate a new studio for live shows, that is a challenge that I am unaware of. If money is better spent elsewhere, that is okee fine too. I don’t know what I don’t know though. Without seeing what the internal discussions are, it is hard for any of us to gauge what the team is capable of going forward, or what they are looking forward to doing. I was using a “the sky is the limit” approach to my feedback, but blue sky planning is just that. I am wishing them the best❤️

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that with the new rules and regulations regarding traveling to WDW, trip planning has become much more complicated.

We’ve all had the experience of trying to explain to newbies everything from ADR’s, TP reservations, Genie + etc. 60 days out and I still won’t get what I want??!! Even for frequent travelers the rules seem to change monthly. Suspending AP’s sales ??!! That’s never happened before. Everyone has to stay on top of the info. I got hung up on going to my second park after 2 PM without going to the park I had made a reservation for. So many changes.

That’s why I find it so important to hear from the DU agents who I liken to soldiers on the ground trying to navigate the minefield of traveling to WDW. Even the smallest of trip planning advice can make a huge difference in the enjoyment of a very expensive vacation.

I think we can all agree that with the new rules and regulations regarding traveling to WDW, trip planning has become much more complicated.

We’ve all had the experience of trying to explain to newbies everything from ADR’s, TP reservations, Genie + etc. 60 days out and I still won’t get what I want??!! Even for frequent travelers the rules seem to change monthly. Suspending AP’s sales ??!! That’s never happened before. Everyone has to stay on top of the info. I got hung up on going to my second park after 2 PM without going to the park I had made a reservation for. So many changes.

That’s why I find it so important to hear from the DU agents who I liken to soldiers on the ground trying to navigate the minefield of traveling to WDW. Even the smallest of trip planning advice can make a huge difference in the enjoyment of a very expensive vacation.
It’s a good point. Many of the other vloggers have some Disney 101 videos. This team should probably have them too. Maybe some of the travel agents could talk about how they work with people new to Disney planning.

Your wording was not the greatest.
I'll plead guilty to that. Not sure how to say it in a way where people won't take offense. It seems as if the main point people are making about wanting the Live Show to continue is: "I really like it and I would miss it if it didn't continue." Perhaps my characterization of that sentiment as being "selfish" was too harsh and I'll own that, so anyone can substitute whatever word that they think is more fitting. But my overall view that elevating one's personal joy of watching a live show over the Team's cost and logistics of producing the show is misplaced. I've watched 75% of the Tuesday shows live and 25% recorded because I couldn't carve out the time for the live show. Do I enjoy being part of the live crowd more? Yes. Do I feel that I am at a disadvantage when I watch them pre-recorded? No. Do I think that I am gettng "old news" when I watch the show on Wednesday or Thursday? No. That's all.

I'll plead guilty to that. Not sure how to say it in a way where people won't take offense. It seems as if the main point people are making about wanting the Live Show to continue is: "I really like it and I would miss it if it didn't continue."
I understand your point, but the title of this thread is "What would you like to see in the new era?" We're literally being asked what we like and would like to see. It certainly isn't being selfish to answer that question. Now what we like and want and what is feasible may be very different things, but that's for the team to decide.

I understand your point, but the title of this thread is "What would you like to see in the new era?" We're literally being asked what we like and would like to see.
I guess I read it differently. When I ask my wife what she would like me to make for dinner, I expect her answer to be something within reason and feasibility. Not some blue sky wish list that includes things that are neither practical nor achievable. So I didn't read the title of the thread the same way you did.

I guess I read it differently. When I ask my wife what she would like me to make for dinner, I expect her answer to be something within reason and feasibility. Not some blue sky wish list that includes things that are neither practical nor achievable. So I didn't read the title of the thread the same way you did.
I’ll try this one more time, and then I honestly give up. I did not feel that asking for what we had before was “neither practical nor achievable”. If that is the case, the team will let us know. Maybe you are privy to financials that the rest of us are not aware of yet. If so, I can understand where you are coming from in your statements. Otherwise, I am not sure why you feel that this was such an unreasonable ask

And really…I am done on this one. Chalking it up to a failure to communicate after this, because I honestly would never request something egregiously over the top from the team

Asking for exactly what we’ve had for over a decade can hardly be viewed as “neither practical nor achievable” or “blue sky”.

Hello friends. I haven't been on the boards or posted in a very long time but wanted to add my thoughts for the future because I really enjoy the daily news in my inbox and the Tuesday show. I've been listening to the weekly show for many years. I always listen - never watch. It's a wonderful way to pass the time while driving or out running. So here's my wish list for going forward:
  1. Keep the weekly podcast roundtable format with the news and rapid fire. As I said, I don't watch, so please continue to be mindful of your listeners by describing photos and sight-gags.
  2. Keep Ryno as the host. I think he's delightful and real, and I like his delivery. Ryno makes me smile. I really appreciate his kindness and emotional check-ins. His banter with Craig is fantastic - pure magic.
  3. I know some folks are turned off by a few of the more political discussion topics recently, but I appreciate it. For many people, the current political climate and things happening in Florida have an effect on their travel plans and where they want to spend (or not spend) their money. To ignore that is foolish. Keep this aspect of the news. Again, I appreciate Ryno's openness and candor in these matters.
  4. If you want to drive people to the boards, bring back the monthly top-10 threads or just highlight/discuss a thread topic.
  5. Please do a few shows a year about the RunDisney events. Get a guest speaker to come on after Marathon Weekend in January and give a race review. You could also talk about other interesting niche events at Disney World
  6. Give Thereas a platform to discuss Twisty-Treat.
  7. I'd listen to audio reviews of rides, attractions, drinks, food, ect. The youtube channel is great, but I need more audio content. If there is more audio content and I'm just missing it, maybe mention it on the Tuesday show.
Thank you.

Going forward I would love to see more in park videos with members of the team. I have really enjoyed the last few videos of the food and wine festival and not so scary. It would be great to still have a live show once a week.

Oh and please keep the universal show. It’s my favourite!
I agree on both accounts. I like in park videos though I understand it's not always the most fun filming still it's so nice to be IN the parks after talking about the park going ons :)

Keep the weekly podcast roundtable format with the news and rapid fire. As I said, I don't watch, so please continue to be mindful of your listeners by describing photos and sight-gags.
That's a good point honestly. Even as someone who just watched the show there were times where a slide would pop up and it'd make perfect sense to me because I'm watching it and can read the text or just see the merch but listeners would not. I don't think they have to go super in-depth but let's say they are talking about new HM merch just say a quick few second overview of what it is like "men's t-shirt with the wallpaper" and then say "you can find them on ShopDisney" or "sighted at Memento Mori" something like that. I know sometimes they won't have the time nor the information to give but if they do it could help the listeners there and actually even the viewers especially if it's about where it can be purchased from if they know.

I wish they would bring back something to broadcast on Tuesday’s. The live show and Patreon after show was something I look forward to every week. Now there’s such a huge void.

That's a good point honestly. Even as someone who just watched the show there were times where a slide would pop up and it'd make perfect sense to me because I'm watching it and can read the text or just see the merch but listeners would not. I don't think they have to go super in-depth but let's say they are talking about new HM merch just say a quick few second overview of what it is like "men's t-shirt with the wallpaper" and then say "you can find them on ShopDisney" or "sighted at Memento Mori" something like that. I know sometimes they won't have the time nor the information to give but if they do it could help the listeners there and actually even the viewers especially if it's about where it can be purchased from if they know.
It's also good accessible practice (describing photos) for those who may be vision impaired and watching the video but don't have the same field of vision as someone with typical sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter